Frugal, Fancy, Fragrance, Fashion, Favorites Friday 3.9.18

Alllright! I'm pretty excited about this... I'm kind of getting back in the original format of this blog where I take pictures of the favorites to show you guys... I'm excited for that... and let's just get right into it!

Frugal 

I have 3 surprisingly amazing Frugal Picks for the week... I'm going to start with the one that I didn't take a picture of because I didn't really consider it a favorite until right when I sat down to write this... and that is the Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk. This works really well as a base... shadows cling to it really nicely and it adds a little bit of pigmentation. I'll insert an example from an upcoming blog post I'm doing showing how it works with one of the shadows in the Haute Hazel quad from the L'oreal Color Riche Pocket Palette line... it just works really well for less pigmented shadows and I like it a lot. I want to try it with an actual Nyx palette... because I feel like that will be the best.

Next up we have an early favorite for the week: BH Cosmetics Blushed Neutrals palette. I used this in a video and it was kind of a first impression look and I really loved how it looked... and even though that look didn't end up filming... I think I had too many videos on my computer already and it just didn't catch the video... but I still loved the look enough that I wanted to use it the next day and it's just a nice palette. I would recommend it if you're looking for a palette on a budget. I think Ulta has it in store... I got this around the holidays at Target- but my Target isn't currently carrying BH... but this is great and I was so happy with it.


And last but not least the newest makeup thing in my collection at the moment: The Maybelline Superstay foundation. This is really full coverage- but it still kind of works for my dry skin. I use moisturizing products with it for the best look... but I still really love how this covers and it might be my new favorite full coverage foundation.

Fancy 

Only one Fancy Pick for the week... I've been doing a good mix of drugstore and high end products... but I like using the Coverfx Custom Infusion Drops in the hydrating version with Neroli... this works best with the Superstay foundation. It's a really nice, thin formula that just mixes well with that foundation and that was my favorite way of wearing the foundation. I do one layer and I dot it a little bit without fully blending it, then I add the drops and blend it in fully and then I add a little bit more foundation. It just works so well and I really like this product with it.

Fragrance 

So this is discontinued from Bath and Body Works but it is the Bonjoir Paris Fine Fragrance Mist. This might be back in their current collection or it might come back soon... but this is nice. It reminds me of the older scent "Sweet on Paris" but this is a little bit less sweet. It smells almost chocolatey... It doesn't list the notes on here... but I think I have a shower gel that maybe I'll use soon too... I can't look for that right now though- but if I find it this might be a favorite again sometime soon. I think this was kind of overlooked because at the time I liked the scent "La Fleur" a little bit better... but now I like this sweet, choclatey scent and it makes me happy and I love it.

Fashion 

The best time to wear a striped sweater... is all the time. Lol. No- this is just what I was wearing today so I thought I'd just put it in here because I haven't worn anything too amazing this week. I love this sweater though- it is from Old Navy... it's Red for International Women's Day- which was yesterday and when I wore this... so yeah! This is good and I'm super happy with it!

Favorites 

This is sort of a weird favorite- but I've just started using my TV to watch Youtube videos... and I love it. It just makes everything look so much better and it's so much easier. A lot of times when I have youtube on I'm listening to it while writing or something else... and this just works well for me and I love it! So yeah! I'm excited to watch youtube on my TV now!
BTW this is Lauren Mae Beauty on youtube... I don't know if I've ever watched her videos before... but this is her review of the Goth- O- Graphic Line from Wet n Wild... and it was an awesome review. I'm probably going to watch it again cause I missed some parts... but it's very through and awesome. Im going to leave the link right here

Byeee! Hope this was useful, let me know how you like the pictures... and I'll see you later!
-Shannon

Comments