Everything I Know About Too Faced

So I thought this would be kind of a fun post to do... I like the brand Too Faced A Lot and I thought this could be kind of helpful. This is the best, the worst, different collabs and different products that they have and their strong points and weak points... I just want to tell you guys what I know about the brand as a whole... so yeah!

What I've Tried But Didn't Repurchase 

So I thought this was an important category because... this has both some good and some bad things... I'm just going to start out with the good... and that is the Hangover RX Primer. This stuff is great, it's very moisturizing... it doesn't really make your makeup last longer, but it helps to make it not cling to your face. It's got a really cute package and it has a nice pump on it. I didn't repurchase it because for $38 I didn't think it wowed me enough. If it were on sale during 21 Days of Beauty or something like that... I might try it again- but for the time I didn't repurchase just because... there are a lot of great primers that I think work better. The Smashbox Primer Oil is a favorite of mine for high end products, and from the drugstore I like the Milani Prime Light Primer.

I haven't repurchased the Shadow Insurance eye primers either... I had tried the regular several times from different samples and I think they've kept reformulating it. I think this happens often with eyeshadow primers... I think the Urban Decay Primer Potion reformulated also... so keep that in mind but... yeah. They totally got rid of the Cadellight and the Gold eye primers- which I thought worked better than the shadow insurance... now they just have the original and the Glitter Glue... so that was disappointing too... but idk if I would have repurchased those either... but I might be tempted to purchase the gold one if they ever bring it back. I like that one quite a bit!

The Better Than Sex Mascara and the Waterproof Mascara are really good... but they did irritate my stye. I have a chronic stye that seems to appear a lot around when I use this mascara... so I've just stopped using this. I've purchased the Waterproof Mascara once, I won another Better Than Sex Mascara in a giveaway and the others I've tried in samples... so I've only purchased it once even though I've used it several times... if you do want this... it's often in samples and collections... so if you haven't purchased it and you would like to try it... maybe try it in a sample first... ESPECIALLY if you have sensitive eyes. It's just not something I like.

What I Haven't Tried... 

I know right now they have a few setting Sprays out. They have a Peach Setting Spray, the Hangover RX and they have a Unicorn Setting Spray. I've heard the Unicorn one doesn't have great reviews... I think the Hangover Rx is a Primer and Setting Spray- so I'd like trying that... and the Peach one smells like the Peach Palette.

I've also never tried their new Peaches and Cream line in general. I want to try some of it... I'm a little intrigued by the foundation although it is a matte foundation. I've heard good things about it.

I've never tried their new Highlighters... but my friend has a few and they look gorgeous. I think they swatch a little more glittery than the Becca ones, but they don't look that way. I've seen her apply it on herself and it looked gorgeous.

Never tried the sweethearts blushes... but those are classic and I might try them soon.

And I've never tried the Lip Injection glosses... I like the Du Wop Lip Venom if I'm going to do that... but honestly if you don't like the tingle- CONTOUR YOUR LIPS! That makes them look fuller for longer than the plumping effects of an uncomfortable gloss.

The Bronzers 

So I have the Little Black Book of Bronzers and I think this is an amazing product. Unfortunately they don't sell the Little Black Book of Bronzers currently... but all the products are permanent and they're all really good. My favorites are probably Pink Leopard, Sun Bunny and Snow Bunny... but they're all really nice and pretty and useful! I like them!

Lipsticks... 

I think the Melted Matte's have become a new favorite... these aren't the best liquid lipsticks out there... and at first I think I said they weren't worth it... and they are a lot of money for what they are... but I think they have a good selection, they're a comfortable formula. They aren't overly matte or longlasting... but they're good and I like them.

I have some of the regular Melted lipsticks too... and at first I liked these more... now I'm just not sure. Both are good. The Melted's actually might last just as long on me as the Melted Mattes do... I don't  think these are the best universally though because I know people that just don't like these... but it works for me.

The Lip Insurance Lip Primer is another product I loved but didn't repurchase. I think it helped my lipsticks last a little longer and it is kind of like putting a balm on underneath lipstick so it helps make things more comfortable as well. I might need to purchase this again because it is kind of nice for the winter... and my lips have been dry lately.

The La Creme Lipsticks are really nice too! I think I have 2 of these... maybe I  have more... I like them! They're really nice and comfortable- they just feel and look luxurious so I just really really like them... I need to use these again.

And I have one of the Peach Lip Oils from their 2nd release of the Peach Palette... I liked it! Nothing too amazing just a nice gloss!

Palettes 

Too Faced's eye palettes are probably the strongest thing in their line... but they're known for not being consistent in their palettes... I feel like they've become slightly more consistent and I've been impressed with more of their palettes than I've been disappointed in them. I would say to get their Clover Palette if you were to only get one... because I think this palette kind of captures all of their shadows and some of their better more well known palettes. It's kind of like the Peach Palette, meets Chocolate Bar, meets Peanut Butter and Jelly... and it's all just good!

I like the 9 pan palettes a lot... these are great for beginners, so if you're new to makeup and you want a high end palette... I would recommend this. It's really easy to use and come up with looks for. I just like it a lot!

Collabs 

I think their collabs have gotten more interesting... I think they're trying to do a better job with them too. I have the Vegas Nay palette... which was a palette of mostly neutrals and it came with a glitter and I think a Better Than Sex Mascara. I loved that palette- it was really nice and I still love it.

Then there's the Kandee Johnson Collection... I have the palette and I do really like it. It's very easy to use and it's a good quality palette. It's not my favorite from them- I haven't used it a ton... but it's a good palette and I can see reaching for it more often.

I think the interesting thing about the Kandee Johnson collab was that it was a whole collection. There were lipsticks, an eye liner and a setting powder along with the palette. I think that's everything they included with the collection... but I find that kind of exciting because it seemed to represent the artistry behind Kandee's makeup and it just seemed like these products were good and mostly well received. I think the Eyeliner was the worst reviewed product... but I thought it sounded like a cool product I kind of wanted to try.

And I know NikkiTutorials had a collab that was not well received... and I feel like they work better with the people that they collaborate with now. I'm not sure but it seems that way.

Born This Way Foundation 

This is such a nice Foundation! This is one of my favorite makeup things... If I were to just pick one foundation... it would be this one. It's just a good foundation- never fail product no matter what my skin looks like and I just absolutely love it!

I've never tried the concealer... which maybe I should try soon... but I really love the foundation and I would totally recommend it.

Their Image... 

I'm into the cutesy sort of makeup that they have. I like looking at it and I end up using it a lot because it's just so darn cute. I know a lot of people are over Cutesy makeup and Unicorn Products... I feel like I'm just getting into it and I can't wait to try their Unicorn collection... it's super cute and I like it.

I know that it's not for everyone and definitely Quality> Packaging... but packaging never hurts... and I like it!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments