Palette Report Card: Huda Beauty Smokey Obsessions Palette

Alright! The Huda Beauty Smokey Obsessions Palette! This palette is a great one from the Huda Beauty line... I'm a little obsessed with these palettes... so yeah!

And if you don't understand how these "Report Card" reviews work- I'm giving the palette a grade based on 8 different things that I think are important in palettes... 1 is the lowest grade, 5 is the highest.


1. Versatility 5 

I'm giving this a 5 for versatility because this might be the most versatile tiny, 9 pan palette that I have... not only just in the looks that you can get with this... but there's some variation in the colors also. Like the silver foiled color that I rave about all the time. It's almost like a pressed glitter- like the Cosmo shade in the Desert Dusk palette... so it's a little something special and different.


2. Inspiring 4 

So this is just slightly lower than the versatility factor. These go hand in hand... but there are only a few real looks that you can get with this palette... I did still get at least 5 different looks with this palette... but they weren't all incredibly different. When I look at this palette I do still see a lot of different looks you can get with it... but this definitely isn't it's highest point.

3. Everyday Looks 5

This is actually a surprisingly good palette for everyday sort of looks. Even though it's a smokey palette, there are some great neutrals in here and you can get a nice, everyday look very easily!

4. Consistency in Shadows 5 

All the Huda Beauty shadows are really consistent. Even the black shade in here is nice and pigmented... this is just great for that.

5. Wear Time 5 

Again... these Huda Beauty Palettes definitely get a 5. The other Obsessions palettes kind of stain a little bit... I haven't had that problem with this palette... but these still last a really long time.

6. Pigmentation 5 

Again... a 5. These are really nicely pigmented, definitely what you see is what you get... and these are just beautiful. I love this!

7. Represents The Brand 3.8

I'm not quite sure what exactly "Represents" Huda Beauty... that is kind of a hard thing to tack down... I think the brand is more about good quality makeup than cutesy packaging... so I guess if "Professional" is the brand representation I guess this does it.

I also feel like it's going for the trendy aspect of makeup with the "Obsessions" name. That way if you know you love a certain color scheme...you can just get that one.

And the quality of the shadows is consistent with the Desert Dusk... which I think represents the brand very well.

8. Wow Factor 5 

I'm going to give this another 5... That silver shade is just so good... and for these obsessions palettes to be so good for a $27 palette... that's a definite Wow factor.

PACKAGING BONUS! 

1. Cuteness - 1 

They could have done something a little cuter. I like that Huda Beauty is on her Desert Dusk Palette... and I would have liked to see her face on this palette too.

2. Sturdiness 3

This isn't the least sturdy packaging... but I did order this online and one of the shades shattered... so I think this could shatter if you drop it a few times... probably most packagings do... but I still think this is a 3.

3. Travel Friendly 5
So small and compact... this is a really travel friendly palette... you could even keep it in your purse.

Alllright so overall this has a 37.8 total score with 9 bonus points! Hope you guys liked this review!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments