Thrifty Thursday: Maybelline Superstay Foundation (with dry skin)

So I've been using this Maybelline Superstay Foundation for almost a week at this point... and I've used it every way that I can... so I think I can review it for you guys now safely.

So i did do a youtube video on this product... you can check out that review right here. I used it a few different ways in this video... but overall the way that I liked it best for me was with hydrating products or something mixed in with it. I tried it just with a primer, I tried using it with the L'oreal Lumi Glowtion, The Makeup Revolution Highlight Drops and the Coverfx Custom Infusion Drops in the Hydrating formula... and those were all with a brush. Then I used it with an Ecotools Beauty Sponge alone and then mixed in with the Coverfx Halo Enhancer Drops.

My least favorite way was on it's own mixed with the Ecotools Sponge... I might have used the Lumi Glowtion along with that too... but either way- I didn't love how it looked that day... I think I just didn't use enough of the foundation or something and my skin just looked very bad that day... and the sponge kind of waters down the high coverage aspect of the foundation... so I could have really used the fuller coverage that day and I didn't have it... so that's kind of my thoughts on that. I did like it when I used it today with the Halo Drops... I think maybe I had a larger pump of the foundation and the sponge was a little bit drier... so that might have helped me a little bit. I also just like how the Halo drops look... so that might have helped... lol.

So I definitely think you can use it with either a brush or a sponge... even though I didn't love how it looked with the sponge yesterday... there's definitely a way to do it though so... yeah.

I've also used it with two different primers... The Milani Prime Light Primer and the Maybelline Blur and Smooth Primer. My Preference of Primers for myself personally is the Milani one... so I ended up using that one more than the Maybelline One... I did like the way that the Milani one looked better too... but the Maybelline one was kind of a first impression that I didn't have on for very long... so there's that.

Also... I didn't dislike the way that the Makeup Revolution drops looked... but I don't like those quite as much as I like the Coverfx drops anyway... so I would rather use the Coverfx drops... and I did in fact love how those looked when I used it today... so yeah. It's good to have something mixed in.

Speaking of having something mixed in... the Custom Infusion drops are pretty perfect for mixing in things because the formula is nice and thin and it just works. My drugstore alternative to this would be the Phyician's Formula Bright Booster... but I haven't mixed that in with a foundation yet because it is so thick. The Julep Boost Your Radiance might be a little like the drops... but it's a little sticky compared to the Custom Infusion Drops.

Now this is still good on it's own without any additional products with it. I did only wear it for a little while when I did have it on... but I thought it looked quite nice and matte without clinging to any dry patches or anything. So I thought that was good.

Compared to any foundation I've tried... this is definitely the best full coverage foundation. Drugstore or high end aside... it covers incredibly well, it doesn't cling to dry patches or anything and it makes my skin look matte without looking overly matte, crepey or as I like to think "Statue like"... which can happen with foundations. I'm not sure if this will work if my skin gets incredibly dry or after I get sick or something... but it does work really well for a day to day basis. It hasn't dried my skin out from testing it out... and I do like mixing things with foundations and this works so well for that!

That is everything! I hope you guys find this review helpful and informative. If I have any updates or anything on this- I will update you guys in a favorites post or something... but for now I highly recommend picking this up! I really love it and I would probably repurchase it when I finish it up!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments