Thrifty Thursday: L'oreal Lumi Glowtion

So this is something that when I first tried it I was like "This is gimmicky... why am I using this?" but then after using it a few more times I was like "Ohhh this is good. I really notice a difference." So it is subtle... but it's good.

I have the second lightest shade that they have in this... so I don't know the actual name right now... but it's 102 or something. And I think that is pretty good, even for my light skintone... it doesn't really add any extra coverage or make my face look darker- it just gives highlight. They do have darker shades that I probably wouldn't try for my skintone... but if you're in between 2 shades or they don't have your shade... I would say if you didn't get an exact match it won't give any extra coverage or anything... it just gives a bit of a glow.

I don't think the extra bit of glow is totally necessary... but I do really like it especially in the winter. Its not an actual highlight... it's just a little bit of a glow... other products can be a little bit more versatile. Comparing this to something like the Makeup Revolution Highlight Drops these aren't really something I think could be worn just as a highlight... probably not as an eyeshadow or mixed with lipstick either the way you probably can with the Makeup Revolution ones... I haven't tried those ways but...  I think it would work better than the muted effect of this product. The makeup revolution and Coverfx highlight drops are definitely more glittery and more of a highlight.

This I think because it is more subtle and not quite as glittery can be worn on its own or with other cream products. If you did like an intense cream contour with this on over it or underneath... it could work as a more subtle BB Cream type of product... which is what I used it as and I kind of liked it that way! I don't know if this is something I'd do everyday... but I want to give it another try because I like contouring and I could get better at Cream Contouring.

Overall... Do I think I need this product... No. Are there other things you could get for this product that are better... maybe. Would I recommend it- yes. Would I repurchase it... probably! It's just something fun... I like it for winter and I'll probably use it in the summer too!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments