Gimmick or Gimmie It: Elf Dual Sided Silicone Sponge First Impression

I stole the name of this Blog Series from EmilyNoel83... not even going to lie. I never really wanted to try the Silicone Sponge... but then I saw that Sonia Kashuk had one at Target for $8... and my interest peaked. Then my sister texted me asking about one from the brand Pur and I said "no I haven't tried it... but look at Target first." And then I looked at Target- had the Sonia one in my basket... then saw the Elf one for $2 less than the Sonia One... so Elf it was!
here you can see the silicone side... 

and then you have the velvety side which reminds me of my sister's old rabbits. 

If the Sonia Kashuk one had an SK logo on it... I would have gotten it because it'll be "Monogrammed" but not really- Sonia Kashuk and I just have the same initials lol.

Another reason I wanted the Elf one was for the "Dual Sided" aspect.  I thought that one side would be a regular sponge side and the other side would be silicone... but that's not what happened lol. It's actually half silicone and half velour... I was disappointed in this at first because I can't use the velour side for foundation... but I have always wanted to try a velour puff for powder... so that's useful too.

So this is kind of hard to get a consistent even look with the shape of the silicone sponge... but I feel like its easy enough to even out. I think maybe applying the foundation onto the silicone is the best way to get an even application with this. But I feel like I'm really utilizing every side of the sponge all over my face. I use the pointed part under my eyes, the big middley part on my forehead and chin and cheeks... it's just an easy enough thing to do and to use... and I figured out how to get a hold of it pretty quickly... so it wasn't too too tricky to use.

And it's so good to get as much coverage as you can out of your foundation/ bb cream. This is kind of the opposite of the Beauty Blender Sponges because it really kind of pats your foundation in and it gets every drop of it on your face. Like I said... tricky to use at first and get an even coverage of... but when you do it really gets it on. That's pretty good for me because I don't love Concealer... so it blends it pretty well under my eyes.

I also like this because it seems like it'll be easier to store and definitely easier to clean than the Beauty Blender. The Velour side might be a little more tricky... but I think I'm just using that for powder or for kind of controlling my blush/highlight or blotting my face. I'm messy with my sponges... this is for someone like me lol.

I want to try the sponge side with other liquid or cream products too... like Liquid Highlight or Cream Contour or bronzer or something... This is kind of a first impression so I don't really have anything to say about that now... but I'll update you guys on it soon!

So so far... I'd say Gimmie It! I really like it... I've used this 2 times sort of... I played with makeup before bed last night cause I was upset dealing with a hater on bumble... and I had all this new stuff and I wanted to check out how I liked it... so yeah! That's what I did! And all was good! I had fun and got to know what products to be excited for. And I haven't played with makeup at night in a long time... and that's what I used to ALWAYS do... and I love that!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments