Window Shopping: If I Lost All My Makeup and Had To Re-Buy Products From Sephora... With A Budget- What Would I Get?

Alright this is a fun little challenge that I thought I would try. I was watching one of my favorite vloggers, Fly With Stella... and she lost her makeup bag and had to repurchase everything from Sephora... and I thought that could be a fun blog... but I thought it would be a little more realistic if I had a budget set with this... because she spent about $400 on everything... and I thought I'd realistically only want to spend around $150... so I had some trouble finding things... but I think I have a pretty good selection of products in here... and I thought I'd share it!

My approach to this wasn't replacing makeup I already had... it was more like "Can I get everything I need for under $150... and yes! I could! Also this isn't the most realistic scenario to begin with... but I thought it made enough sense. Would I really go to a Sephora to repurchase all my makeup? Probably not- but it does make sense to just go to one place that I know has high quality products that I actually love.

So I started out looking for Foundations... and this wasn't too hard. I wanted to go with a BB Cream or Tinted Moisturizer because I didn't think I'd need a primer with that and I didn't really need a brush for that either- I could definitely use my hand. I went with the Urban Decay One n Done because I have this and I know I like it for that. I'm almost done using mine... plus it is only $36 which isn't that expensive... there are definitely cheaper options out there... I could have went with a mini size of the It Cosmetics, or I could have gone with Bareminerals which I think is $30 or a sephora brand which was on sale... but I know this product... I like it and it's something that would be easy to find at any Sephora store... so that was good!

That's actually the only thing I bought based on actual experience with the product! So that's kind of cool.

Next up is blush... this one I had a hard time with because I wanted to get an all in one palette with a blush, highlight and contour... and initially I went with the Becca Chrissy Teigan Palette... this has just kind of been something I've wanted lately... EmilyNoel83 just mentioned it in a video and I thought it looked really pretty on her... it's not something I necessarily need in my collection right now- but if I didn't have anything in my collection I would definitely want it... unfortunately- it did not fit the budget when all was said and done... so instead I went with the Tarte Hampton's Weekender Contour Palette. I do like the Tartiest Pro Glow Contour palette... and I do think this one looks really nice... so it's something I've thought about buying but I don't really think I need it... but in this situation- it would definitely be useful! The Tarte palette is $23

Then I remembered she had skincare that she needed to repurchase too... this isn't something I was necessarily going to add to the challenge... but I decided I probably would keep my skincare in the same bag as my makeup... and I'd probably also keep my hair stuff in there too... I didn't include hair stuff in the budget though because I would probably just use what they have in the hotel for that... but I would want some skincare- especially if I was traveling a lot... so I went with the Sephora Favorites Skincare Routine: Dry Skin kit... which I'm thinking of purchasing now. I didn't know this existed! It has the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, the Origins Drink Up Intensive overnight mask (which I love), a Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Balm, Korres Greek Yogurt foaming cleanser (I've wanted to try this for so long) and a Josie Maran Argan Oil! This is just an awesome kit and I think it would work well for me! This set is $24

Then I really wanted to find a kit that would have a mascara and an eye primer so that I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone... I ended up killing like 5 birds with one stone with what I ended up going with! Lol. The Smashbox Try It Kit: Bestsellers has a little bit of everything in it! They have their 24 hour eye primer, the Full Exposure Mascara, a face primer, a lipstick and a black eyeliner... and this was only $24... so that's pretty awesome... and definitely a great value for 5 products! Smashbox is a good brand to get all in one things from- I noticed while I was looking at the mini stuff and gift sets!

I had a lot of trouble picking out an eye palette... I really wanted to go with the Viseart Petite Pro Palette... but it was just a little too expensive for the challenge. I did have a brush kit that was an all in one brush kit that I ended up not needing... but I think I only had room for $16 if I used that brush kit. So I ended up picking the Urban Decay Kristen Leanne Daydream Palette. This is a cute little matte palette that I'm thinking of getting now that it's on sale for $13... it has colors that look like things I would use and it is a really nice palette if you just have one thing. I realized that this palette came with an eye brush too... which is even better because then- I could get rid of the brush kit that I had and just get a face brush and save a little bit of money!

So since I didn't need a whole brush kit... I went with the Sephora Mini Multitasker brush 45.5. I've heard people say good things about this brush... and I really only need it for that tarte palette. I don't need a brush for foundation and the Kristen Leanne palette has an eye brush... so this is great. It's $14 and it looks nice!

I know realistically- I wouldn't get a brush set from Sephora... I'm just picky with brush sets and all of them were expensive for what you're getting in them.

And since I got that I had a little extra room in the budget for something else... so I went with another eye palette! I got the Sephora Brand Miniature palette in Donut. These look really nice, and they are more cooler toned than the Urban Decay palette... so it just made sense to me to get this and I could get a lot different looks than just with the Urban Decay Palette.

And I thought about getting some lip products... I had $16 left in budget... and a lot of lip sets are $15 minis... so that would have worked well too... plus the sephora lip stories are $8... so I could have gotten 2 in this budget... but I went with my gut instinct... which was for the palette... so that made sense to me.

Alright! That is everything. I hope you liked this Hypothetical scenario that hopefully will never happen! This was a fun and unique way to window shop... so I think I'll do more of these!

Byeee!
_Shannon

Comments