Makeup Tools+ Odds and Ends Storage Idea

So I just kind of arranged this little set up because I am TERRIBLE with keeping Beauty Sponges. I've only ever had one Beauty Blender in my life because I'm so terrible with washing makeup sponges, storing them and taking care of them that it just seems like a bad idea to get a $20 sponge when I know it'll probably last me a month maybe... so yeah. That is the main reason why I like brushes so much.

Anyway... when I was trying the Superstay foundation- I really wanted to make sure I tried it with a sponge especially before reviewing it... so I picked up the Ecotools Sponge Duo because those were what I tried previously and I liked them a lot... so that's what I wanted... and I just kind of said "Hey... I need to actually keep these safe this time" So... I came up with this little storage idea and I like it!

The box I'm using is from the Urban Decay Spectrum Palette. The Spectrum Palette itself has a little divet where you can take it out easily, so I took it out and put it in one of Tarte's empty palettes... it fits perfectly in there. I kept the box for the Spectrum palette cause I figured I'd use it eventually... and now I do! The bottom part of the box is velvet... so I think that would just get messy with beauty blenders, so I just placed that underneath the lid of the box and I store hairties in that part because I constantly loose hair ties! If  you don't have the Spectrum Palette- you could use anything... but if you do have the spectrum palette and you've depotted it and kept the box... this is what you can do! Lol.

So I put the lid on top of that, but it's reversed so all of the items I have on top are on the mirrored part of the lid. So on this right now I have the Ecotools Large Beauty Sponge, the smaller one (these come together in a pack for $10.), I have a mini lipstick that I've been using a lot lately and I wanted to keep it out, I have the Nyx Jumbo Pencil Sharpener- which I just got along with all the Nyx Jumbo Pencils that I picked up... and I have a bite beauty tin where I keep my mini Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser that I got as a point perk.

So that is everything! I thought  this would be a fun and useful if anyone is like me and tired of throwing out sponges because you just can't keep them.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments