Swatch Saturday: Makeup Revolution SophX Collection (and free gift with purchase)


Okay! So today I have a few products from Makeup Revolution that I wanted to share with you guys! I'm always curious on these drugstore products that you can't always swatch that well in stores... and I thought I'd share pictures and my thoughts on these products!

Row 1 


Top- bottom Cuppa Tea, Iced Coffee, Pink Champagne, Fairy Lights, Pancakes, and Penguin 

So I swatched all of these with Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk as a primer... so I think that's kind of what is showing up with the Penguin color. I did build these up a bit... but I barely had to build up Pink Champagne, Iced Coffee or Cuppa Tea... those were the most impressive. Especially Cuppa Tea. I thought these were great! I'm impressed... so far happy I bought it!

Row 2:





Top-Bottom- Grow Old, Sparks Fly, Smokey Bronze, Mixed Berries, Tiramisu, Peaches 

The mate shade Tiramisu was a little more disappointing, although when you see it built up a little on my arm it's okay... Peaches is more of a satin shade... which also built up pretty nicely. The metallics in this row are very impressive and I really liked this row! I think one of the shimmer shades in here convinced me to Buy it!

Row 3 




Top-Bottom: Cloudberry, Pumpkin, Pine Tree, Petrol, Pug, Danger 

This was the hardest row to work with... but it's also a really fun row. The color Pumpkin was pretty impressive once you built it up... Pug was really disappointing. Petrol wasn't what I was expecting... it looks a little more of a duochrome and less of a blue the way I thought it was going to be. Also Danger I had to work with a little. Nothing too bad! But still.

Row 4: 

Top-Bottom: Strawberry Sweets, Festive Flame, Copper Coin, Mug Cake, Rosewood, Nightmare 


Here's where I realized my flaw in application... I didn't totally wait for the Nyx Jumbo Pencil to dry... so I think that was effecting the pigmentation in the darker colors. I wish there was a little contrast between Mug Cake and Rosewood... and even Nightmare in comparison. I don't know if I need that many dark colors... but this is a big palette... its got everything you'd want in it... plus a big mirror and beautiful packaging!

Now onto the Highlighter Palette

Highlighter Palette 

Row 1 




This is super pretty! These all kind of look the same... but it gets significantly golder towards the top!

Row 2: 

Ugh! Sorry for the huge shadow!

Ugh you can't tell that well... but there are some pink shades and some darker shades. This is pretty.

Free Gift With Purchase 

It came with a free gift that I think is an eye and face palette...

These were super pigmented! The shade that I think I'm going to use as a blush in the middle of the first row wasn't too pigmented...

This is the shade with the products I'm using as eyeshadows and in the bottom is the heart shade in the middle that I think will be a good highlight. 

I think I'm using this side more for blushes and highlights... but it might be able to be used for either. It's pretty though! I Like it for a free gift! 

All together... These were $25... not too bad for that if you ask me! I used my $3.50 off $15 purchase coupon! 

Byeee! Hope you found this useful! 

-Shannon 

-


Comments