How To Not Buy- Primers!

Sooo... this is a weird sort of blog... but I thought I would do this anyway... mostly cause I'm WEIRD! Lol.

I just saw one of Jessica Braun's declutter videos in my subscriptions... and it made me want to talk about why I don't buy a lot of primers and why I don't own a lot.

First off: Primers aren't that sexy. Lol. I could review a primer- but I have different tastes than other people and different skin... Primers are pretty personal- a lot of people don't even like to use them. Primers are personal... and everyone will probably have a different favorite primer.

Not only that... but people like them for different reasons. Some people like them to moisturizer, some people like them to blur pores, some just want them to make their foundation last, some like them for a little bit of a glow... sometimes people like them for absolutely all of those things... which is me and I'm a little extra but it's okay!

And I think that because I'm picky I know what I like the best... which is the Milani Prime Light Primer. I do have 2 other primers- the Coverfx Illuminating Primer and the Maybelline Blur and Smooth Primer... and I like them both- but I don't know if I'd repurchase either because I like the Milani one more.

I also like the Smashbox Primer Water and the Primer Oil from Smashbox... but those are a little different because they're dual-products. The Primer Oil is skincare meets primer and the Primer Water is a setting spray meets primer... and they both really work for that!

I do have a few primers on my list... but I don't know if I'll buy them until I finish one of the other ones. I have the Smashbox Primerizer on my Sephora Loves List... and another primer from Too Faced that's in a set... and I'd sort of like trying the Nyx Primer Oil because Jessica Braun (she's my girl apparently lol) says its the same as the smashbox one... but I'm not in a big rush to try it.

So yeah... That's why I don't really review primers a lot and that's why I use the same one over and over again.

Hopefully this was useful! I'll do more of these... I actually have another one in mind right now!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments