What's In My Tiny Makeup Bag? (April 2018)

So I wanted to do this last year where I talk about a small makeup bag filled with products and I'd try to do some looks with them... idk how many looks I'll end up doing with this little makeup bag... I might try to do a few posts throughout the month- or I might just do one big post with a few looks... but I'll show some looks. Basically... I think this is like a sensible makeup bag if you have a small collection... most of these items are from the drugstore and I don't think the cost of the contents inside the bag is all that much... I'll try to put a little thing on the end because I think that could be helpful. This is a super small bag that could easily fit in your purse and you could definitely get a full face of makeup with it... but there are some things I wish I included and I'll talk about that too. But I'll work with what I have and see what happens.

Contents of The Bag! 

I have the L'oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara! This is my favorite mascara, it makes my lashes nice and long and it doesn't smudge on me!

Next up is the Sleek When The Sun Goes Down Palette. This is the tiniest palette that you can find- I got it at the check out line at ulta. It's probably smaller than a credit card... it's smaller than my phone. The pans are really tiny too... but the pigmentation is there and this was like $3... so it's good!

I packed a bunch of Nyx Jumbo Pencils and I have Milk, Yogurt and French Fries. I love these as primers, liners and I could probably use them on their own as shadows too.

The Covergirl Instant Cheekbones Blush in Plum... it has a catchier name than that- but basically it's plum. This is great because you get 3 different colors... 2 I use for blush- 1 I use more as highlight and I really like it.

I have the Milani Prime Light Primer. This is my favorite primer and the biggest thing in this little bag... but it works and I love it!

I have the Julep Cushion Complexion 5 in One Skin Perfecter. I use this as a foundation. It's nice and small.

I have a Highlight from the Ulta Duochrome Liquid Highlight Trio and this is in the shade Glimmer. This was at the checkout line at Ulta.

Another eyeshadow pick is the Almay Shadow Squad in Ambition. This is a nice, small smokey quad. I love these shadows!

And last but not least I have the Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Sugar Daddy. This is neutral and goes with everything!

I only Packed 4 Brushes... One Foundation brush from BH Cosmetics in their Studded Gold Set. This fits and it's easy to use. I also have an angled blush brush and a crease brush from this palette. And I packed a Wet n Wild All Over Shadow Brush too. I love this brush- it works really well for packing on shadow... it's really great!

And the bag I have it all in is a little rainbow bag from Too Faced. It's the cutest bag and it was a free gift with purchase when I got the Too Faced Life's A Festival Palette.

Total Cost of Contents... 

Okay... this was more than I expected... but I got most of these things on sale... so it's definitely less than this... plus it'll depend on your drugstore... I couldn't find an exact price for the Covergirl Instant Cheekbones or the BH brush set... but I think I got the BH Set for $9 and the Covergirl Blush was around $4.

So its around $120.13.... But keep in mind... I definitely paid less than that. The Sleek Palette was pretty much free because it's less than 3.50 and I used a $3.50 off of $15 coupon with it. The Nyx Jumbo Pencils were on sale... I got the Julep Foundation when it was 40% off and the Too Faced when I had a 20% off coupon. Plus I used a 3.50 off coupon or a bed bath and beyond 20% off coupon or $10 off of 30 purchase wherever I could with these... so definitely coupon it up... but this is about what it would be if you didn't coupon or buy things on sale... which is interesting.

What I wished I packed 
I wished that I had packed a setting Spray because that foundation is very matte on my skin and it looks like something I need right now.

I kind of wished I had packed a sponge too for that same reason. The Foundation works better with a sponge.

I also wished that I had brought a highlight brush. I have a liquid highlight so I don't really need that... but I could have used the Covergirl Instant Cheekbones Highlight also.

I could have probably saved a little space if I used a sample primer instead of the Milani one.

I also wished that I had maybe packed a different lipstick besides Sugar Daddy... but that's okay too. I like this color and it'll work well with what I have.

But yeah... I will try to do... maybe 5 looks with this little bag coming soon? Maybe more or less than that? I think I can get a lot of different looks! I might try to do some more of these too... so let me know what you think!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments