Palette Report Card: Too Faced Life's A Festival Palette

Heyyyy guys! It's been a while since I've done one of these... but this is my Palette Report Card! This is where I grade palettes based on a few different factors in a quest to find the best palette. Since I don't think packaging has to do with the palette itself... those are "Bonus Points" and also the palette with more of a wow factor is probably the deciding factor of it all... if you want to read some other reviews of palettes I will link them right down below... and let's get into it! 1 is the lowest score and 5 is the highest.

Too Faced Clover Palette

Huda Beauty Smokey Obsessions

1. Versatility 3

For a "Festival Palette" I do think this is pretty versatile in the sense that you can get very different looks with it. My one big complaint about the Tarte Make Believe In Yourself Palette is that all the looks end up looking the same but with different colors... with this the finishes are different enough that you get different looks with it. And I do think if you get this palette for a festival and then you need to go to work the next day or something... you can still find a neutral look to use with it... but overall if you want a versatile palette- I wouldn't go with a festival palette!

2. Inspiring 4

I had a lot of fun coming up with different looks for this palette. I feel like after 10 looks- it's a bit harder to come up with fun looks for it... but I think it's still something that inspires a fun makeup look and overall you'll probably have a lot of fun with it!

3. Everyday Looks 2 

Like I mentioned with versatility... you can get everyday looks with it... but it definitely isn't the easiest. It also kind of clashes with a lot of things. I got this palette before going out with my friends to a club in Atlantic City... and while this is a beautiful palette and I would have loved to use it to go out... it doesn't give the most sophisticated looks with it... I think you need to be in a festival sort of mood for this to be fun.

4. Consistency in Shadows 5 

This has a variety of different finishes and they're all really good quality. Shimmers, duochromes, a few mattes... all really good formulas.

5. Wear Time 4.5 

I've had no issues with the wear time for these shadows and my eyelids can be quite oily at times... But I did hear Andrea Matillano say she did not think it lasted all that long... and I don't really like to factor other people's reviews into consideration with this... but for Wear Time- I think it could be helpful.

6. Pigmentation- 5 

I feel like this is an easy 5 because when you have a palette of mostly shimmers and duochromes... pigmentation isn't really an issue. None of these are chalky and they don't skip or anything. So while I'm not the most impressed that this is a 5... it is a pigmented palette.

Although- I can't really say "what you see is what you get" because of the duochrome shades. They really shift in color!

7. Represents the Brand 3.8

I don't really know how to interpret this for this palette... I think the packaging itself does... but I don't know that Too Faced is really a "Festival Palette" Brand. They used to do more sexy, sophisticated palettes, then they went more into fun palettes... and this is a really fun palette so it represents that really well... but nowadays there are a lot of knockoff type brands that would put out palettes that look like this and have similar colors... so it just doesn't set it apart that much!

8. Wow Factor 3.8 

I do think the wow factor of this is that it's just Fun... and that's something important... but other than that- I don't know if this is something I'll always grab for no matter what season... or if it's anything unique enough on it's own. I have similar shades from Makeup Geek that I think I could dupe this palette with. I do think that this palette is something I still love and I'd still use no matter what... but I don't think this is incredibly unique.

PACKAGING POINTS- BONUS! 

1. Cuteness 5 

This is the cutest palette ever. I love the packaging. I like the rainbow unicorn thing... what you see is what you get... it's super cute and festival-y.

2. Sturdiness 2

I think some of the pans look like they're popping out of the package a little... I don't think they will... but it looks that way!

3. Travel Friendly 1

I'm confused with the big packaging if this is supposed to be a palette you bring with you to a festival... but it is pretty packaging and I can see why this is what they went with.

Total Points:  31.1 Total points with 8 Bonus Points! 39.1! 

This is my lowest ranked palette so far... but I do really love this palette and I'm very happy I picked it up... so keep that in mind too!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments