Hauled it... How Was It? pt. 1

So I've seen lots of people do this before... basically I've been doing a lot of hauls lately. I got a lot for christmas... and I would lie to update you with how everything is! I probably won't do individual reviews of everything... but maybe if you guys wanted them I will. I've probably mentioned these in favorites and things before... but yeah. Actually some of the products I hauled I probably will do full reviews on, like the LOC shadows... I'll do a review on them. The Makeup Geek shades and the Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks... maybe I'll do in another post. I'll see. I'm getting some things for christmas too... but there is a lot I've been testing now... so it's kind of one of those things.

Too Faced Soul Mates Bronzing Blush in Ross& Rachel 
I actually really liked this. It was very glow-y and it looked really nice on, I thought at least. I use a more angled brush with it and then use a small brush like the Up and Up blush brush or the blush brush from their set to use this. Its just a great blush and bronzer... really hope they bring more of these back! I think they got kind of so-so reviews, but I think its pretty awesome.

Target Up and Up Complexion Set 
Another love! I find the angled blush really good for bronzers, as I said its good kind of like for the Soul Mates bronzer and it fits well in the little black book of bronzers as well. I like the concealer brush a lot. The foundation brush... not my favorite for foundation, but its not useless. Its good for concealer and I like it a lot. They have a little tiny blush brush too that's great for highlighting. I like sticking that in the lighter part of the too faced Snow Bunny Bronzer that is in the Little Black Book of Bronzers... and that does a really good job. You can use it as a little brush too, like I said its easy for the soul mates blush in there... and its good for setting the under eyes too. I feel like even though this only comes with 4 brushes, you can really use them for so many different things that it is well worth the 9.99 price. Its very versatile and it feels like you're getting more than 4 brushes.

Too Faced Bronze-buki brush
This I also think is a great multi tasking brush too! Its good for stippling cream products. I haven't used it for foundation yet, but it is a nice retractable brush so you can make it a little more dense, which could work well for foundation. Its also good to swirl in the Little Black Book of Bronzers. I like that you can control the size of the brush, so like if you want a sharp contour, you can make it a little more dense and short so it can fit on the hollows of your cheeks and then you can have it fuller and fluffier. I also love the lid on this... which would make it good for travel or good for touch ups. I don't think I've ever seen this in a store, I don't really pay attention to Too Faced's brushes though... but if you see this online, its worth a try. Idk if I'd go out of my way and pay $34 for it... but its not bad. And I would buy similarly designed brushes to this (I'm sure there's something comparable for a cheaper price... but I'm happy this was in the Cyber Monday Mystery Bag. Don't overlook it!

Origins Mask Trio 
This was a $10 black friday deal, and I got it that weekend at Sephora. Idk if that's still available, but the masks are permanent and I liked them all a lot. I have tried the Charcoal before and I love it. The Original Skin I had never tried before... but I also loved that. I think I liked that even more so than the Charcoal mask for winter actually. And I haven't opened the Drink Up Intensive mask, but I have it and I love it. This is a good trio, these are good masks. If you see these masks or minis or anything... these are good. A lot of times after black friday, you'll see these pop up as point perks and gifts with purchase things for Sephora's website... I would recommend. I think the Original Skin one is my favorite... but all are good. I would recommend!

Philosophy Almonds and Cream Lotion and Body Wash 
Well really its shower gel, bubble bath and shampoo... but its probably best just as a body wash. It isn't a bad shampoo... but depending on your hair type, it could be problematic. Its great as a shower gel. The smell is amazing, I have no idea why this is no longer available because its just so good. Its nice and warm, it smells like warm baked goods. I love it.

The lotion is also amazing! I have a dry spot on my neck and on my shoulder, these just happen from time to time. They look like hickeys... but they are not unfortunately lol. It worked well for that, some face moisturizers don't work well enough on dry spots on my body, some body lotions can make it worse... but this is like the perfect hybrid that works really well with my neck and my shoulder. It's gone down a lot since I've used this on there. For a scented lotion... this is awesome. I would totally buy more lotions from philosophy... probably at TJ Maxx... maybe not full priced lol. I got this at TJ Maxx, if you see this duo there... its really good. The discount wasn't incredible at TJ Maxx... but it was still a lot cheaper and for 2 great products... its great.

Lorac Pro Metal Palette 
I was impressed with this little palette! I was hesitant to get this online... even when it was on sale on Cyber Monday. If you look online, the colors seem really random. I don't think they'd go together, it doesn't seem different enough from the Lorac Pro 2... But once you have it in person... I can see doing so many different looks with this. These are good one shadow looks, you could just use a couple of shadows... bring in a matte shade for the crease and the browbone and its great. I've done some good looks with this and I really like it.

I don't think the quality is QUITE as good as in the Lorac Pro or Pro 2. I think the Pro 2 is my favorite as far as formula. These feel a little stiffer, almost like the Unzipped and Unzipped gold... but these do still have the pro-ness to them as well... if that makes sense? I think they're a little stiffer than the pro shadows but a little less stiff than the Unzipped... if that makes sense. These don't all blend completely amazingly like the pro shadows. Not quite as good for a quick look... but you can still do a really really quick look with this.

I also don't think these are as long-wearing as the other shadows. I've had good luck with some shades, bad luck with others... I think its still worth it though. I would look for it on haute look, because it is something easy to travel with or throw in your purse... I think if I were to travel I'd like to bring this and the Too Faced Natural Matte palette... which I'll get to... and then you can have any look you want really. You can combine them or use them on their own... its good though.

And the metallic packaging is awesome! Love it more because its less messy than the packaging of the Pro and Pro 2. Love it!

Ohhh and there's some fallout. Do your eyes before your face. Lol.

Too Faced Natural Matte Palette 
Once I put this on my eyes I was like "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!" It blends like a dream! Its so easy to come up with looks with and even though its a super natural all matte palette... its an exciting palette. All the shades kind of go together. You don't need another shimmery shade to go with it... but it works well just in the crease. The Matte White and Pink shades in the bigger 2 pans at the top of the palette are amazing. They blend SOOOO well. These are like super 5 minute shadows. I really like this. Great workday palette. Just really good all in all. This could end up being one of my favorite palettes... so This is definitely a winner!

Too Faced The Little Black Book of Bronzers 
When this was released over the summer... I thought it was stupid to pay $50 for bronzers. I'm not great with  bronzers, I thought these probably wouldn't be the same quality as the regular Too Faced Bronzers... but I decided to try it anyway because I wanted to try anyway because I wanted to try some of these bronzers... and they're $30 each...so yeah. And when it was 50% off... yes!

And so far... I'm really impressed with the bronzers. There is a pretty good mix of mattes and shimmers too. 4 mattes, 4 shimmers... really gives you a good range of products. This is pretty versatile also, you could use this for your whole look really... possible idea for a future post! I also kind of reach for cheek products in palettes a lot... so I'm going to use this quite a bit I think. This will be really nice to use. Its a good value... and these are things that I can see myself hitting pan on and repurchasing.

The package is really nice too. Not too bulky, but still fits everything and its really cute. Plus I like that it actually has the design of the bronzer packagings on the front. It gives you different events to wear the bronzers to... and the design on the inside is colorful and sort of goes with what the colors are on your face. Like Snow Bunny is a little cooler so that has a blue little triangle around it. The Chocoalte and dark chocolate soleil bronzers are in dark brown corners and a light brown for milk chocolate. Sun Bunny is more golden, pink leopard is pink... Its really smart. If I had paid full price for this... I would have wanted a mirror. The Quality of the bronzers is there, so I don't think that this was $50 for the packaging or anything... but I'd prefer a mirror for the price... lol.

Fresh Sugar Lip Balm 
I've kind of tried this before because it was a sephora birthday present... but I love having the full size. I've featured it in favorites before and I just really like it. I'm not crazy about how it smells... but it feels really great on the lips and is probably my favorite lip balm that I've tried. I really just like it a lot. Its really good.

Revlon Photoready Eye Art Duos 
These are great... have also been in favorites... the only problem is there is some glitter fallout, but other than that, its such a simple and easy make up look and the glitter for the inner corner is just really nice and pretty. I have Burnished Bling and Topaz Twinkle and they are just awesome. I love them!

Revlon Skinlights 
Another winner from Revlon that I just tried! This is a nice highlighter, it gives more of a subtle glow than some other highlighters I've been liking recently... but its pretty and its good. Easy to use once you get the hang of it... and there is a ton of product in these, so that is always a plus.

Carli Bybel Palette 
I've worn this 3 times so far, and I really like it. The texture of the shadows are amazing, the pigmentation is good, they last a long time and its affordable. I love these rose gold shades, they are really great. The mattes are really nice... its a great palette... my only problem is that the colors are kind of similar. They're like a shade or 2 off and they still look pretty together, but some of the highlights in the big pans are very similar to the ones in the smaller pans. They aren't similar enough that it gets me to not reach for it or use it... its a great palette and I've been reaching for this a lot, especially for going out or for special occasions... so if you go out a lot and you want an affordable palette... I'd recommend this. But also maybe a covergirl palette because those are also great.

Benefit That Gal Primer 
This is my favorite primer. Its just so good. It really does brighten, I feel like it does smooth my face and makes my foundation last longer too... and this is something I could tell worked almost instantly. Its just really nice.

Real Techniques Bold Metals Brushes 
I got 2 of these because they were Buy one Get One Free... and they aren't bad brushes. They're really soft and nice. Its the same quality of real techniques. I have the Blush brush and the contour brush... and i really like the Contour Brush. I've only used it once, but I think that one is unique enough to say "okay this is different than the regular Real Techniques contour brush... its worth it." The blush brush... I don't like as much as other more affordable blush brushes that I have. The Regular Real Techniques blush brush does a great job, the up and up and BH Cosmetics blush brushes do a good job. This is nice... but as of right now, I don't really think its that different to justify the price. Its kind of gimmicky. They say "oh its special because the metal coordinates with the type of brush it is..." That doesn't make it any different than the regular Real Techniques brushes... and I don't really think they're any better. Don't pay full price for them cause they just aren't any better than regular Real Techniques brushes.

I think thats all I'm going to review right now... I think I'll update with some more things pretty soon... but for right now... this is good! Lol. Really there isn't a lot I don't like or can't find a use for... so I do give lots of positive reviews.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments