First Impressions: Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Mask

Heyyy so I just got the mini mask marvels from Origins in their Black friday deals, and I've tried and loved 2 of the masks and there was a third I've never tried before... so I thought this would be a good first impression type of thing.

I know skincare you need time to tell if it works or if it doesn't. Its not instant and its different for everyone because no one has the same skin... so yeah.

So I didn't really know what this was supposed to do when I tried it on at first... so my first impression is me not really knowing what its called or what it does... but it is supposed to retexturize the face, and I guess it smoothes everything out and makes it even... so if it works I bet my makeup will look awesome tomorrow! Lol.

Initial Application...
So this is a pink color, which is pretty. Its nice because its something you could easily do in the morning, it won't get messy or anything. I didn't see any directions on this... but I just put it all on my face... and yeah. I didn't need a ton. These are tiny tubes, but you don't need a ton and I'm guessing this will be a once a week thing... so its probably going to last a while.

It has a pleasant rosy scent to it. I think its just a natural scent, I don't think they added it or anything... but it still might bother some people. Its not very strong, but this has been on my face for a few minutes and its there.

It's also sort of exfoliating. It feels like there are little beads in it and its a little rough... so hopefully it doesn't make me dry on my chin or anything.

It dries soooo fast on my face! And its really hard. I've been sitting typing this for just a few minutes and its already hard to move my face its so tight! I'm still going to keep it on a bit and then I'll take it off in a little while and let you know whats what.

After Taking it off... 
I had this on probably for longer than I needed to have it on, and it never really got uncomfortable or anything. Some masks its like "GET OFF MY FACE RIGHT NOW" this you can sit in and it'll be fine. I mentioned it dried fast on the face and it was a little hard to move, but not so much that it was uncomfortable. It just felt very stiff.

I was concerned about my chin the most... but honestly I think this might be the only thing I can use to exfoliate my chin. It feels smooth and really nice.

Now this reminds me a lot of the charcoal mask... but I feel like this exfoliates better in my dry places like my chin and the Charcoal one works better for the parts that get more oily like my forehead and my nose. My forehead does feel nice and smooth but... idk I think the charcoal may work better there. It's been over a year since I've tried the charcoal one. I really like this for my chin though.

And it came off really easily too. I've never really had that easy of a time taking off a mask. It was like you can just splash water off your face and its gone. It felt really nice.

I'm probably not going to post this for a while... so I will update you on how I've been liking this mask a little more... but right now, I think this mask would be good to get in the winter and use and the Charcoal might be better for spring and summer. They're both good for dry kind of combo skin... but this I was really impressed with with my chin. I'm going to try to put makeup on tomorrow and see if that looks nice over it.

My Makeup The Next Day... 
It did apply nicely and I liked the way it looked a lot! I would say the retexturing claims are pretty accurate. I used the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte, which is usually a little dry on me. I did combine it with the Tarte Maricuja oil, which I haven't loved in the past with this... but I think thats because I used a setting spray and a beauty blender and those don't really mix, so thats why it separated. Lol. Never noticed that before!

After Further Use: 
Its good! I got sick and had breakouts and I think this helped a little bit. I think the Charcoal and the moisturizing mask helped a little more... but I do think this still helped. I just like it. Its good to just take a shower and leave it on. I think its really nice! I think it did sort of retexturize the face a little after my sick face. Lol. This skincare week is going to sort of focus on that... unintentionally but yeah. Lol. I'd buy a full size.

Update Again: 
My chin actually is dry now after using this... so I guess it isn't as good for that as I thought it would be... but I did find something I think I can use for it.... which I will be reviewing later in the week... but there will be a little less of an update on that cause i haven't used it as much... lol. I still think this is something I'd repurchase.

Hope this was helpful! Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments