Review: Essie Starry Starry Night

So this is a color that Essie came out with in their Retro Revival collection... and it caused a bit of a stir I think in the beauty and nail community.

This is a retired polish from the 90s that was apparently amazing because it was being sold on ebay for like thousands of dollars... and then Essie just brought it back. You can get it for like $10 now. Lol.

I was surprised that they still had this at my beauty store. They had about 4 polishes left, apparently they had a bunch before this... but only 4 were left. I don't know if you were really allowed to buy more than 2... I might be making that up though. Lol. I was also kind of scared that someone was going to steal this from me because I went to a CVS after and I just left it in the car... and I was like "ohh my god... someone might totally steal this. I've got a hot commodity here! Lol.

Anyway... back to the review!

Application 
It applied really easily and nicely. I didn't really sit down in a good place to apply it... I just did it on my bed... and it looked okay. I was messy with it but it was really easy. No streaks at all. The glitter showed up pretty thoroughly throughout the polish. It was very blue... it looked really nice. I was messy with it, so it wasn't mess proof or anything... but this was a really nice polish. Definitely the easiest to apply of any essie polish I've tried... this is great!

1 or 2 coats? 
It was a one coater. I used 2 coats because I didn't get the edges of the nail that well on each of them. I feel like one coat might be better for this because the glitter shows a little bit different. Idk it still kind of looks the same, maybe its just me... its still really really glittery... so whatever you want... but you totally don't need 2 coats.

Is it chipping? 
It is! I didn't use a topcoat. or base coat.. although really only 2 of my nails kind of chipped... and its not a lot to the point where its noticeable. I've had a pretty busy day and I put this on around noon. It's almost midnight now and only 2 have chipped... so I'd say it lasts better than regular Essie polishes.

Do you need it? 
Ummm yeah! It is the most beautiful blue polish or glitter polish... it is such a great formula. It applies nicely...and its just great. I think its kind of a must have for any polish lover, any essie lover, any glitter lover, any blue lover... or any beauty lover really. I loveee it. I love blue polish, I love glitter... when Essie has a good formula they are the best... and its just great. 100% recommend this. It might be my favorite. It's not worth more than $10... but its pretty damn amazing. I may grab another one... I may grab one for my sister. I'm sure salons will have this color in bulk as well... so this would be a great color to get from your salon.

Definitely recommend!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments