January 2016 Favorites!

Its the most wonderful time of the month! Here are some of my favorites for the month of January.

First the Bareminerals Lash Domination Mascara. I just tried this mascara this month, it was in a kit that came with some other bare minerals products and this has been my favorite lately! It really gives a lot of nice length to my lashes and it separates them nicely and it doesn't bother my eyes at all. I really like it! I would recommend checking it out!

I also have been trying some new skincare and body things from St. Ives. I got the St. Ives voxbox... and honestly best voxbox ever! Lol. I loved 2 of the 3 things and I still like the other thing. The Oatmeal Face scrub and mask was really great. I loved the Garnier Charcoal scrub also... but this works a little better I think because I have very dry skin and its creamy and never dries me out. You can also wear it as a mask, which works well too. I like putting the mask on and then taking a shower and washing it off. It works really well and I just love the mask.

I also love the shower gel. Its like a scrub and body wash in one and it smells really citrusy... which usually bothers me but its not bothering me with this... I keep reaching for it also because it smells nice and fresh and clean and it kind of just wakes you up. Its pretty amazing.

Another body care type of thing the Amope Pedi Perfect and the Amope Nail Perfect. I've been using these once a week. The Pedi Perfect makes my feet really nice and soft and the nail perfect makes my nails nice and smooth and it makes my polish stay on longer and apply a little bit better. I just really like these and I would recommend picking them up. They make great gifts too. It'd be kind of a weird valentines day gift... but I think it could be good. Lol. I don't like getting manicures and pedicures a lot, so this is perfect for me.

Speaking of nails... get Rue by Zoya...  right now. I'm not joking... this is the best ever. It is Thursday as I'm writing this... I've been wearing this since Monday no topcoat, no base coat... and there is no chipping whatsoever on my nails at all.Well okay, like 2 nails have slight chips... This is the best. It doesn't apply that nicely... but its not impossible and its just such a nice neutral color. I love it! I would definitely recommend this. If you're paler and afraid nude nails will wash you out... this is probably the way to go because its just a very light purpley rose. I didn't know if I would love this... but I love it! Its amazing! Zoya also does promos quite often... so look out for that and get this. Cause its amazing.

So there are 2 palettes I need to share equal love with this month... and that is the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons and the Tarte Tartelette in Bloom palette. Both of these are amazing palettes I did a Battle of the Palettes kind of comparing the two... I think if I had to pick one, it would be the Tartelette in Bloom... but I love the Too Faced shadows so much also. Both are really fun. If you were to buy one for yourself for everyday use... get the Tartelette, if you are giving one for a gift, I think the Too Faced would be fun. Here is that review if you want to check it out. Both are amazing and I'll use them a lot... but yeah. Pretty good stuff!

I also have been using the LOC One n Done Shadow pencils quite a lot. I like these. They're really easy to use and pigmented and I just like them a lot. I have all the colors except the smokey color, which I don't think I'd use a lot. I think my favorite is Day Trip, but all the others are amazing also.

One Face product I've been using a lot this month is the It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination cream. I'm kind of trying to use this up, but I love the way that it looks, especially with the Too Faced Hangover RX Primer. For some reason the glitters in the CC Cream kind of make me look dry and cling a little bit... but with the Hangover RX primer it always looks really nice. Its sort of a lighter coverage but its really nice... yeah. Definitely loving this combo. I'm not sure if I'd buy the Illumination one again, I think I'd rather try the regular version... but still, its a good CC Cream and I like it!

And the blushes I am obsessed with are the Milani Baked Blushes. Berry Amore and Luminoso are the ones I have. They are amazing. I don't know what took me so long to jump on this bandwagon... but they're awesome and I loveee them! I've been reaching for them over tarte, Too Faced, anything. They are just awesome.

I feel like this has been a highlighty month and I've been loving a few different ones. I think I've been using the Colourpop Smoke n' Whistles highlighter a lot. I also like the BH Cosmetics Wild and Radiant palette... The Ofra You Glow Girl and the Mary Loumanizer from The Balm. I think the Mary Lou is what I've been using least. I think You Glow Girl is my favorite... idk. Don't make me choose favorite highlighters... that would be like choosing a favorite child... lol. But I think this month if I used the Smoke N Whistles. Its kind of convenient and easy to use. I just like it.

The Colourpop Liner in Get Paid. This is an amazing rose gold color. The pencil is really nice and comfortable. It goes on really easily too, I don't know if I like this more than the Nyx Slide on Glide on... I might like them just as much.

And the Bareminerals Mineral Veil Powder. I love this stuff. It is my favorite powder, I'm almost done with the first sample I tried of it. I do have another sample. Bareminerals is slowly becoming one of my favorite brands. I need to try more from them... but yeah. This is good stuff!

And last but not least... I feel like this is the longest favorites ever... but there are a lot of things. Lips! Too Faced Honey Bear in the La Creme formula. I love this formula and color. Its so good it might be my favorite ever... yeah. It doesn't last very long but its really really good.

Also the Nyx Liquid Suade Lipsticks. These are awesome. I love the applicator of this, its so nice and comfortable and long wearing. I'm a big fan of these. I have Softspoken and Cherry Skies. Softspoken is amazing... kind of a dupe for Kat Von D's lolita... both are awesome... but I like this a lot.

Speaking of Lolita, I really love Lolita 2 from Kat Von D. Its funny because my friend got this for me and I love both shades but I didn't think Lolita 2 would look good on me by itself... but I ended up liking it a little bit better! Its a little bit orange but it isn't too orange and its just really nice. The formula of these are great.

And the Nyx Slide on Glide on Lip Pencils are the best! I kind of want them all... lol. I've mentioned these a lot before, but they are amazing. The colors are great and they're comfortable and feel amazing.

No wait... one more thing. Makeup Geek! Totally worth the hype! I got some Makeupgeek shadows for Christmas and I've worn them quite a bit. I ordered a few more because I was so impressed. The Foiled shadows are amazing. They aren't terribly expensive either and they're just great. I can't wait till some of their new stuff comes out. I know Marlena is working hard on them. She snaps about them a lot and wears them a lot... and they look totally flawless on her. They have even more coming out this year. Contours, liquid lipsticks, foundations... a palette with Manny MUA that looks AMAZING! Its all good. I really like her shadows and the ones I have are great!

I think that is everything... if not I'm sure it won't go unnoticed on this blog. Lol. There's a lot of good stuff out there right now and these are just a few great things that I've tried.

Byeeee! Hope you guys liked this month as much as I did! <3
-Shannon


Comments