Monday Musts 1/4/16

Hello and welcome to the first Monday Musts of the new years! If you are unfamiliar, this is where I talk about the good stuff of the week! I typically like to do about 8 items on here and I talk a little bit about them... don't know why I feel the need to explain this but why not! Its New Years! Lol.

1) BH Cosmetics Wild and Radiant Bronzer and Highlight Powders- You guys need this. I mean if you don't like shimmer you aren't gonna like it... but you need it. Its super glittery, super pigmented really pretty... I think it can work on all skin tones. The highlights in this are particularly amazing. And they're huge... there is one that is a total dupe for Becca's opal but its more shimmery... and I just like it. I really like it a lot! I would definitely recommend this. Its $8... shipping on BH is expensive... but if they do a good free shipping offer, that is always good. Its a good inexpensive highlight palette if you're into it... and honestly just as good as the Becca ones IMO.

2) Benefit That Gal Primer- I feel like I've talked about this a lot... I'm not going to stop though because it is that good. It gives a good glow, I feel like it makes my foundation last a long time... its just good. I love it. Probably my new HG primer.

3) Makeup Geek Shadows- I've been really liking these so far! I think I might order a few more because these are really nice, blend able, its easy to come up with looks with... and they're pigmented and made with good ingredients. I have the Vegan Bundle and the Ice Queen bundle (Whimsical, Ice Queen, Phantom and Pegasus) I have to say I really really like the foiled shadows and the duo chromes. Out of everything I've tried recently Idk if these are my favorites... but I really like these and I've been gravitating towards these a lot recently. Its just kind of like I can go to these and create a quick look that I really like. Like the Lorac Pro 2... but these aren't quite as soft as the lorac shades so they are a tad bit easier to use. I just like them. They're worth the hype in my book.

4) Too Faced Love Flush Blush in Your Love is King- This is adorable packaging and the color is absolutely gorgeous and wears all day long! I got this for Christmas and I was kind of in love with the Colourpop Between The Sheets blush and Milani's Berry Amore that I sort of overlooked this... but it is fantastic! Its such a pretty color and I'm just really impressed with it. Not that I'm totally recommending this over the less expensive colourpop blush or the Berry Amore blush... but I wore this today and I really like it!

5) Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Balm- This is the best lip balm... so not something I'd buy for myself but now its something I feel like I can't live without. Its very moisturizing and it gives a bit of a tint. I tried a colourpop lippie stick in the shade Silk... which is the worst thing that I think I've ever tried from Colourpop. Its really patchy and just drags across the lips its a pretty color and you can get it to work... but its bad. I love Colourpop but don't buy Silk its bad. If you put this over it its really nice, it feels nice and it has more of a creamy finish and it just kind of looks better. This is just sort of based off playing around, haven't worn it outside the house or anything yet... but it just makes it work. Thats the thing I love about lipstick... its a little fool proof... it can take some playing with but usually some sort of combo can work. Theres always a trick to get it to work.

6) Colourpop Cream Gel Liner Pencil in Get Paid- From the worst thing I've tried from Colourpop to possibly the best product I've ever tried from them... the Cream Gel Liner Pencil. I love gold liners and this is a nice rose gold. It really brightens up the waterline. I don't think this is the longest lasting liner... but its really nice and it works really well. I like it a lot! I would recommend their liners. They don't bother my eyes either.

7) Revlon Photoready Eye Art Duos- These are perfect for quick new years looks! Or any going out look where you want a little bit of sparkle. These are easy to use, pigmented... and I just love them. I've been using them with shadows from the Carli Bybel Palette... I think if you have a primer, you can totally use them alone... I think I may have a new HG primer... from the drugstore too... I'm gonna do a bit more researching about this and do a review... but its good. These have been on clearance at target recently... so idk how much longer these will be around... but they are great. I have Burnished Bling and Topaz Twinkle. I think I like Burnished Bling a little better... but both are great. I love them!

8) Nyx Peekaboo Neutral and Too Faced La Creme Honey Bear- The Too Faced La Creme lipsticks are pretty amazing. They're moisturizing, the color is nice. They aren't extremely long wearing. I like the Lipliner with it... this isn't my favorite formula for a lipliner, its a little dry... but they're still really nice and I like it a lot.

Random Honorable Mention: I'm going to give an honorable mention to the LOC Pencil Sharpener that comes with the LOC sets... this is pretty amazing! It has a bigger sharpener and a smaller sharpener and it has a cover over the bigger one if you don't want to sharpen anything small. Its good! I really like it!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments