New Products: Where to get them, What did I think of Swatching, What am I excited about!

So I was just going to do a drugstore hunting on some of the new drugstore products... but there is soooo much stuff I just figured I'd just talk about them here... alright! Lets start

Target 

Spotted at my target: Some of the newer products in Elf's skincare line. I think I saw the cleanser and scrub. So that is pretty cool. I hope the Night cream comes there soon.

There was also something new in the Garnier Charcoal part. It looked new, I think it was a cleanser, like a makeup remover type of thing.

I also saw the Garnier Micellar Water... idk if I'm going to get this. I have no trouble getting my makeup off with my Purity cleanser.

I think they have some sort of offer for garnier also. You can get a $5 gift card if you spend a certain amount... so thats good!

There are some new exclusives too! Wet n Wild has some new exclusives including the Ombre blushes that have been buzzed about. There's a new palette from Wet N Wild too... it looks pretty and wet n wild is amazing. I'm happy they have some Target exclusives now because I don't go to Wallgreens that much and my Wall Mart doesn't even have Wet N Wild. So... yeah! I'm definitely going to try some of these new products.

NYC also has a Demi Lovato collab. I have a little bit of a Woman Crush on Demi Lovato... not even going to lie. There's a palette and some nail polish. I don't love NYC's eyeshadow formula... but I'm tempted to try this.

And last but definitely not least ESSENCE IS COMING TO TARGET!!!! Essence is a super affordable super great quality makeup line that I think is from the UK... not 100% sure. They sell them at Ulta and I think in some grocery stores on the west coast... idk really. But they're hard to find, and they will be significantly easier to find now. They have some Target Exclusives also including 5 palettes, some How To kits (How to make smokey eyes, how to make brows and How To make your face glow.) The blush up powder blush which appears to be following the popular ombre blush trend.There are also highlighters and foundations and concealers... so that should be fun. They also have new eyeshadows, color correctors and even a contour and highlight duo, and some sheer lipsticks and liquid lipsticks! So that should be fun!

Embryolisse skincare will also be coming to target and is on haute look today I believe. And so is The Balm and Morphe. So... yeah.

Macy's 
So Macy's had the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kits... I think my store doesn't have the highlighters anymore... but I think they're still online. I swatched this and I liked it. Both of them were great quality and it wasn't an over the top glow... but it was a pretty nice glow. Also for the size of the pans in the palette I think $40 is a great deal. They looked to be about the same size as the Becca Highlighters, which are already about $40... so you're getting 4 for the same price. I was thinking of waiting until the Tarte Highlight palette is out... but the Tarte is a little more expensive and this was really good. There is also a Nyx glow palette which is even cheaper and has even more colors... so you idk. I feel like the lighter colored glow kit would look really nice on my skintone and the deeper one was pretty also if you have a deeper skintone. Both were the same quality and really nice colors.

They aren't quite an in your face highlight... but it'll show up nicely.

Sephora 
There were a few new things at Sephora... some of these are at Ulta too... but here is what I think based on swatches.

The new Kat Von D Shade and Light Blushes... I was kind of upset that Morticia and Gomez seems to be out of stock absolutely everywhere... but I saw that these were in store... and I swatched them... and I didn't love it! I'm happy I didn't order any online before trying it in store. I know blushes are totally different swatched than they are applied... but these just weren't anything swatched. They felt kind of chalky. They weren't patchy... but they didn't feel like how a blush should feel. I've heard her Everlasting Blushes that she used to sell are amazing... but these just didn't wow me. I'm curious to see reviews on these because... I'd just say save your money. These weren't as good as the Milani Baked blushes.

I also swatched just a few of the Tartiest Lip Paints... and these were THICK! From reviews I've heard they aren't uncomfortable on the lips... but they were real thick and it didn't seem like they were consistent. I swatched the shades TBT and Hangry and TBT went matte pretty much instantly and it looked really nice on. It was thick though. Hangry didn't apply that easily. It seemed a little patchy and didn't seem as good. Idk. I think it just might have been tested more... but I still would probably buy TBT over Hangry because I would guess my store hasn't had them out that long for them to be that bad just from just the store. Idk.

Elf 
Elf has some new things too. They have a face glow palette or something like that... lol. It has a bronzer, a highlight and 2 blushes. It looks pretty and I love Elf's palettes like those. I have the contour and blush palette and they are good... and the highlight in this looks nice too. They have new skincare products and some new lipsticks and brushes I think too. If you order any skincare item, shipping is free! So thats good.

BH Cosmetics 
BH is coming out with a Pride and Prejudice and Zombies collection. There is an eye and cheek palette and a lipgloss set too. I may try the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies collection because I liked the Carli Bybel palette so much and I like Pride and Prejudice and I like zombies... so seems like a good combo.

Morphe 
So this isn't anything new... well some new. The 35K palette is on Hautelook for the first time. So thats new... debating getting that but I don't think I will... they have also been restocking the infamous 35O palette more regularly. So if you've been eyeing it you can probably get it.

Also random... but in other Kat Von D news, I looked on her website and her QVC page to see if either of them had Nosferatu... which they do not... then I decided just for fun to look on amazon and see the crazy prices people were selling Nosferatu for... and it was pretty crazy. They had it for like $35 I think and up... some of them were being sold for $60... its just crazy.

So that is it I think... everything I've seen and thought that was interesting. Hope this was helpful!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments