How To-sday: Nyx Butt Naked Underneath It All + Thoughts on the Palette

Alright! I don't think I've posted any looks with this palette yet, and I think I'm going to do a few with this because this is a pretty versatile palette that you can do a lot with and it comes with a lot of stuff too... and I like it. At first I was sort of like "meh... but today I got quite a bit of pigment from it! So... yeah.

Face 
I primed with my favorite, Benefit That Gal and then I used the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin. I used a damp sponge and idk. I feel like this isn't a good face day. This is a pretty good foundation for dry skin, but for some reason it gets kind of cakey on me. I also used my favorite concealers... but I think I used too much and they caked up on me too. The Benefit Erase Paste and the Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin. I may have used too much... lol. I powdered with the Bareminerals mineral veil powder on a damp sponge and I think that helped a little bit... but still. For blush I used the 3rd shade in this palette. You just press on the bottom part of the palette and it slides out. This is like a lighter version of Nars Orgasm... and I think I might like it better. Its really nice. And for my highlight I used the middle shade of these highlights, which is also very good. It seems like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit to me. I only swatched that... but I think some of the highlight shades are similar and they're both good quality based on the swatches. So if you have this you may not need that... and if you want that Glow Kit but you want a palette too... this is good cause its all in one! 


Eyes 
I primed with the Urban Decay Primer Potion and then I went in with this shimmery champagne-y color on the bottom left of the palette. This shade always calls to me and I think I try to avoid it just because of that... but not today! Lol. Then I used this gorgeous shimmery berry colored shade that is the third shadow in that bottom row and I put that on the outer corner. I used the shading side of the Anastasia Beverly Hills brush that came in the Self Made palette and that worked well. Then for the crease I went to the top left of the palette into this brownish-rosey color and used that in my crease. And then I took the matte white shade that is next to the color I used all over the lid and put that on my browbone. Then I lined and I did a trick Jeffree Star uses for this... I took my sponge and just kind of pressed on my eyelid so that I could get the waterline without really tugging on my eye. I used the Nyx Slide on Glide on Liner in Gilded Gold for the waterline. For my Mascara I used the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara with the Ulta Rain Coat Topcoat... I'll have a first impression on this mascara in the near future. I want to use it a little more and give it a fuller review... but if it were something I think you should rush to buy I would have posted it sooner... lol. 

Lips
I used Too Faced's La Creme Lipstick in Honey Bear. Loveee this color and the formula... I may be needing more of these. Lol. 

My Thoughts on The Palette 
So I love the blushes and the highlighters in this palette and the eyeshadows are really good too. Its not exactly the most wearable palette. Some of the shades don't feel nice on the lids... idk how to describe it, they apply okay but its not the same quality as something like Lorac or Urban Decay or Too Faced... but they are really good. You could get some great shades that are not everyday shades, but there are still great colors in here too... its very versatile. I think you could bring this if you were traveling. 

At the time I'm writing this this is currently $12 on Ulta's website. I got it when it was $24 and I had a 20% off coupon... I would say this is good for $24 but I'd still wait for a sale or a 20% off coupon. At the time I'm writing it it also counts with the BOGO Half off Nyx Eye and Face products and the 3.50 off $10 coupon would also apply to this... so you can get this for a good deal... and its a good value. 15 shadows, 4 blushes and 3 highlighters... its pretty good. It isn't the absolute best palette I've ever tried... but its useful and I know I'll reach for it more. I might even try to do a few more looks with this too! 

My big con about this is that whenever I see the name or talk about the name I get No Doubt's song Underneath it All stuck in my head... and whenever I hear Gwen Stefani something terrible happens... so its not my favorite name. Lol. I love that its called Butt Naked though. I think that is so funny! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 


Comments