Palette Smackdown: Tartelette In Bloom vs Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons

So there have been 2 recent high end palette releases and I was only going to buy one... but I ended up buying them both and I like them both so...yeah lol. This isn't going to be a total smack down of "THIS PALETTE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS PALETTE" because I am happy with both of them... but I'm going to break it down a little so if you don't want to pick up both of them, you can kind of choose which one might fit your lifestyle better... so here we go. This might be a series... but probably not cause palettes are expensive... but maybe I could do this with other palettes I already have or things from the drugstore... idk. You know I kinda have an idea for a foundation one... so yeah. I'm probably going to do that... but here we go with the reviews! Finally! Lol.

Lets talk about both of them... 
So both Tarte and Too Faced are cruelty free brands, which is always good. Especially for eye products in my opinion.Too Faced is not owned by a parent company that tests... tarte is owned by a parent company that tests. They are both around the same price... The Too Faced is $4 more expensive. Too Faced has 16 eyeshadows and it is 18.4 grams and the Tarte is 12 shades and 18 grams. So you get more color in the Too Faced, but you get almost the same amount of product in both. The Chocolate Bon Bons is infused with real chocolate, so if you are allergic to chocolate, that would be an issue. If you love the smell of chocolate, this is amazing because it does smell like chocolate.

The Packaging 
The packaging is equally adorable on both of them... but Tarte's packaging is wayyy sturdier. I broke my original Chocolate Bar Palette in half... so you may want to keep the box it comes in just in case! The Bon Bons has a magnetic closure that isn't the strongest... the Tarte has a really nice closure that snaps really well. This is probably my favorite packing.

Beginner Friendly? Color selection? 
The Too Faced also comes with a book of looks... so that may be a little more beginner friendly. The Tartelette palette has 9 mattes and 3 shimmers. The too faced has 6 totally matte shades and then some shimmers, satins and some that look matte but have micro glitters in them. The Too Faced has some fun pops of color. It has a few pinks, a purple and a blue. And there's a matte burgundy color. In the Tartelette its all nudes basically. But good nudes. Not just a bunch of browns that look the same... but quite different. The Tartelette is a little warmer than the original Tartelette palette. The Too Faced is slightly cooler toned than either of the other chocolate palettes. You could get a nice look with a shimmery base and then a matte crease or a totally matte look from either of them... so they are both pretty versatile. If you were to ask me which is more versatile I'd say the Too Faced because you can get some totally colorful looks for party time with them or some really neutral looks for work. You can do that with the Tartelette palette too I guess... but there are no crazy colorful shadows.

Travel 

For travel I'd pick the Tartelette because the packaging is more compact and sturdy. I have trouble with my chocolate bar palettes... and even though this palette would be versatile enough for several different trips... I just think it'd be easier to travel with the Tartelette. I don't travel a lot... but when I go to Atlantic City, I usually bring Tarte palettes because they have travel friendly ones with blushes and they are sturdy and compact. So that's always a plus!

Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons 
So what I like about the Chocolate Bon Bons palette is that you can get a ton of different looks from this. I did an all matte look, I did a shimmery everyday type of look, I did a David Bowie inspired look with a pop of blue (Earl Grey) and I did a really pretty look with the pink shade sprinkles, and you could do even crazier looks with this. This is also quite a trendy palette for this year. The colors aren't quite the color of the year colors... but the color scheme isn't that off from it... so its just really good. The matte shades are also amazing. I'm going to kind of talk about them a little more with the tartelette palette... but yeah. I feel like this isn't quite the same as the first chocolate bar... its something you don't need both... but you could justify it.

I like the shimmer shades in this more than the Tartelette I think.... let me get into the Tartelette now.

Tartelette In Bloom 
So the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette does have better matte shades I think... but I liked the way these matte shades looked a little bit better on their own better than the Too Faced Palette did. I also feel like the shimmers are somewhat better in this. The pinks in this palette are good and wearable... but they aren't the absolute best. But... the only sort of weird shade in this palette is the shade Funny Girl which is still totally a good shade and useable... it just looks a little different than when you swatch it. Leighannsays mentioned this and I think mine is a little weird too... idk. I don't have much trouble with it so its not bad... but its not the most amazing shade... but it is still really good.

And I feel like this is kind of a no-fail palette. Its not hard to come up with looks from this palette either and all the looks I've done with this palette have been some of my absolute favorites! I feel like this is a good go-to palette that you can just reach for and know that you'll get a good look for.

Which Would I Recommend 
I love both palettes I think they're great... if you really want the Too Faced Bon Bons, go for it! You won't be disappointed in the least, it is amazing... but I think the Tartelette in Bloom is a little easier and I'll probably use it more. I love the versatility of the Too Faced palette. I love the fun pops of colors and the neutrals and the absolutely AMAZING matte eyeshadows. I'll probably use both of these palettes quite a lot! So yeah! That's nice!

So yeah. Both great palettes. I'd buy the Tartelette In Bloom for beginners... but I think that if you're looking for a gift for someone, the Chocolate Bon Bons is too cute and just a great palette!

Byeeee!
 -Shannon

Comments