Makeup Stash: My High End Eye Palette Collection

So... I figured I might start doing this... I may post like one a month. I'm not bragging... this is just what I collect. Its kind of a hobby of mine... so I have a lot of makeup... and this is what is currently in my makeup Collection... so yeah. If you don't like these... don't read, but I like them and yeah. I'm going to break it out by brand sort of.

Too Faced 
The first Too Faced Palette I ever got... also one of the first eyeshadow palettes I ever got... and I remember wanting this for quite some time and just getting it on sale and I loved using it. I felt sexy and confident. It was great. So this is the Boudoir Eyes Palette. This is good for a soft and sexy smokey eye... which I really like. I haven't used this in a long time... I did a couple looks with it in a "One Palette Weekend" which was when I just used 1 palette on the weekend... exactly what it sounds like. Here is that post if you haven't seen it. It was a lonnnnggg time ago. I used it on my birthday that year too... I'll definitely have to try and do a 4 looks one palette with this cause I like it a lot.

Another one of the smaller palettes from Too Faced I got over the summer is the Sugar Pop palette. This I totally wasn't going to get, but then I swatched it and fell in love... so I needed to take it home. I got this during the sephora sale. I know I did a Harley Quinn Look with this a few months ago... if you wanted to look at that it is here. I don't use this a ton right now... but in the summer I used it a lot and its definitely good. If you can get it half off on haute look or something its worth it.

Sticking with the smaller palettes, I got the Natural Matte palette recently too, and it is one of my favorites. I got this with a sephora coupon too (the Boudoir Eyes palette I also got with a coupon). This palette is really great. Nice, blend able easy to use eyeshadows. This is amazing. I think this is one you should get...

And lastly from the smaller palette range of Too Faced's line... The Rock and Roll palette! This is a lot of fun! I only used it once, I did a green smokey eye with it and I loved it! I was really into green smokey eyes in December, I didn't really do a ton of Green Smokey looks on this blog... I do have one I wrote and did the look for, but never posted the look because I didn't get a pic... so that will be coming soon. Its a nice palette and I like it.

Now for the large Too Faced Palettes... I got the Chocolate Bar Palette. This is probably the 2nd Too Faced Palette I ever got. One of the first super high end palettes I got too... I love it. I don't use it a ton... but I used this on my graduation... which I also wrote, but never ended up posting... I can do that soon though... lol I graduated in May and never ended up posting that look! Guess I'll get it up before graduations this year! Lol. I like this but mine split in 2... so yeah.

I also just got the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette. I probably posted a review of this by now... I was going to compare it too another palette. I like it a lot... I've only used it twice... but I find it a little easier to come up with looks with than the original palette... so I love it!

And last but not least... probably my favorite palette in my collection the Vegas Nay Stardust palette. This is kind of like the Chocolate bar, but the packaging is a LOT better. I think the pigmentation is amazing, its easy to come up with looks with and ... I honestly haven't used this in quite some time either, but it is one of the best palettes and I love it. Idk if this is still available... but I would recommend it.

Tarte 
Tarte is another favorite brand of mine... so I have a lot of palettes from them.

First off I have a holiday set. This was from 2014 at Sephora... and I loved this! I used it every day for such a long time. It was such a great set with an amazing value. This is another thing I bought with the Sephora Coupon. This is great. I would highly recommend it... if it were still out! Haha just realized that... it is similar to the Tartelette original palette and a little like the Tartelette in Bloom. Its good. I like it and it is one of my favorites.

I got the holiday set that was available at Ulta this year also. It came with 3 smaller palettes. There's a Rose Gold, a Gold and a smokey... I Meant to use these during the blogmas posts... but I got a little overwhelmed. These are good, not my total favorite... but I love them. I actually wore the Rose Gold one when I saw Something Rotten. I will maybe sneak these into a Style Saturday soon... the palettes themselves. The Rose Gold One I already have a look on somewhere here... but maybe the gold or the smokey. Idk. Lol.

I also have a few of the permanent palettes. The First one I bought from the permanent line is the Showstopper Palette. I love this palette. I used it a lot during the summer. I packed it when I went to Atlantic City. The Blush in this is amazing. The highlight is awesome too. I like the bronzer... don't love it... but overall its great. I would recommend this.

And the Energy Noir Palette. This one is great too. This has a lot of purples and a nice purplish blush. It isn't the most pigmented... but you can get a ton of great looks with this palette. I used it a lot in the fall... I need to use it a little more cause it definitely deserves some more love... its pretty and it works well.

And the newest edition to the Tarte eyeshadow palette collection is the Tartelette In Bloom palette. I have a review on this comparing it to the Too Faced Bon Bons palette. At this point... idk what I wrote about it! I'm writing this part before I finished that review! Lol. I think this is my favorite packaging because its really pretty and its sturdy and closes easily... but we'll see.

Lorac 
I have a lot from Lorac too... so again, I'll start with the small ones.

I got the Shimmer palette from the Love and Lace collection. Haven't used this yet. But it looks nice.

I also recently got the Lorac Pro Metal palette while it was on sale. Surprisingly impressed with this little palette. I didn't know if I'd come up with a lot of looks with it, but then I look at it and I feel more inspired than with a lot of other palettes... so sometimes its just the small palettes that you can do the most with!

The first palette that I got from them that started my obsession and it was the Lorac Pro 2 palette. This is a great palette. It blends nice and easily, I can come up with a bunch of 5 minute looks with this palette. I used this every day when I was commuting to college and going to my improv class. Its really nice and I really love it. This is a good "go to" palette because... you can't really go wrong with this one in my book. I've almost hit pan on a few shades even.

I also got the Lorac Pro palette because I felt like I needed that with the Pro 2. I don't like this quite as much, but its still pretty good. Like when I look through my phone and see pictures from this palette I'm always like "wow... that looks good!"

And i have the 2 Unzipped Palettes as well! The Unzipped is probably my favorite... possibly of all  the lorac palettes... probably not. I love the Pro 2... but the Unzipped is great. The Unzipped Gold is great too. I used it on Thanksgiving. Both of these were 2 of my favorite palettes of 2015... even though I got it on Halloween. I used my Ulta Points to get these for free too... so that was extra good. I love these!

Z Palettes 
So I have 2 palettes filled with makeup geek foiled shadows. In one I have Whimsical, Ice Princess, Pegasus and Phantom and Mesmerized which just shattered and I think I'm going to clean out a contact lens case and just make it a pigment... I hate that! Ughhh! I'm filling this with more that I just ordered to. I ordered Bitten, Starry Eyed, Grandstand and Voltage. Starry eyed and grandstand are Foiled and mesmerized was foiled... so I hope it lasts a little better... this one just wasn't doing it. Well it was but I dropped it and it shattered. Ughh!

I also have another one which has the vegan bundle (minus mesmerized) So that is Barcelona Beach, Latte, Enchanted Forrest, Time Travel, Houdini Shimma Shimma, Bedrock and Moondust. I also put 2 duo chromes in Ritzy and Steampunk in here and a single shadow from Scott Barnes that I won in a giveaway and that shadow is called Mermaid.

Online Stores 
So the 2 palettes I have from online stores are a little more affordable... but really just as good. First is the Coastal Scents Revealed Palette. This is really nice. It has 20 shades that are dupes for the Naked 1 and 2... I don't have them to compare... but this is a good palette. I don't use this a ton though because there are so many options I feel like I can never come up with good looks... so I think I'll do that soon... but yeah. This is a good cheaper alternative to the naked palettes... but I honestly still kind of want the Naked 1 palette and may get it some day... but Idk.

Also the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette. I love this palette. I got it for Christmas. Its very neutral but its like "going out party time" neutrals. All nice rose golds and coppers... I just really like it.

High end Drugstore Makeup 
So I'm going to have a separate drugstore palette collection... but I figured I might as well mention the Nyx Butt Naked Underneath It All Palette. This is a nice palette that is available in the drugstore section at Ulta and its a great price for what you're getting... but its pricey! I've only used this once at the time I'm writing this... I'll probably have a look on it soon... but I love it. It comes with lots of big eyeshadows and a few blushes and highlights too. Its Pretty amazing.

Older Palettes I still keep 
I have a big palette from Sephora I got a while ago. And its nice but its huge. I haven't used it in a while... idk if it will perform the same... but maybe I should try it again. Powders usually stay good.

I also have a Stila Palette in In The Light. This has Kitten, which they are known for, I've almost hit pan on that. There's also an amazing shade called bubbly in this... idk if you can get this anymore... but I loved it! I was going to buy the Naked 2 palette a long time ago... but I decided on this instead and I really like it.

I have an old Kat Von D Palette in Beethoven. I bought this before I really new how to use makeup. This was my first palette purchase ever and I just basically put the purple shade all over my lid. I traveled with this a lot, and I didn't realize eyeshadows could shatter... so of corse the blue and the black shade shattered and got onto every single color, which was terrible. So yeah. If you didn't know guys... eyeshadows can shatter!

Random Brands 
So I have some palettes that I haven't tried any other palettes from the brand. Its not that these palettes are bad and thats why I've never tried them again... but most of these are new and stuff. So... yeah.

First off my Urban Decay Naked 3. I love this palette! This is the first I really ever splurged on a palette... and one of the only times I've paid full price for a palette with no gift card or anything. I didn't know there were ways to get sales on makeup a long time ago... lol. Now I know... and I'll never pay full priced for a Naked Palette again... but I love this. At the time it came out it was really unique. There really weren't many rose gold palettes and this was sort of a first. Its really nice. One of my shadows popped out... but still love this palette and if you really want to splurge on something... this is good... but I think I like the Lorac Unzipped a little better. And the Carli Bybel palette is really good too. Plus the new Covergirl ones are good and they have a roses palette that is a dupe for this... but yeah. Not bad.

Next is the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Palette. This was my favorite for a while... and its weird because if you look at it, it just looks like a bunch of super neutral matte browns... but I feel like I've done so many pretty looks with this that its special to me. Now I find it a little hard to use... but I still love it. I love the packaging too, I forgot how useful the magnetic flap of it is. I need to use this one again some more. This is limited edition, but they tend to sell it around the holidays.

Another limited edition palette that might still be around... idk... but its the Stila Whole Lotta Love Palette. This is a great palette. I feel like these shades don't stick on my lids that much... but its really pretty. I got this a few months ago, I actually won a $40 gift card to my mall, so I used that and some cash to get this palette and I was happy with it! I still haven't really used it a ton, but I did two looks with it and I will continue to use it because its just really nice and gorgeous!

Then I have the Anastasia Beverly Hills Self Made Palette... this is probably limited edition too... but if colors are popular enough they either have them in their permanent range of single shadows, or they'll make them or put them in other palettes. I was debating if I wanted this or not for a longgg time... but I had an Ulta Coupon... and it wasn't on the sephora site anymore or in store... so I wanted to get it before it went away forever. I'm really happy that I did too because its gorgeous. I've only used it once... but it was super pigmented. Blended well and I keep looking at it and seeing lots of inspiration for lots of other looks... so I'm excited to use this a little more. I think with the limited edition palettes, I'll sneak looks in with OOTD looks or something so that I can still have them on this blog if you have the palette... but its not like thats the only thing. You can find dupes of these shades anywhere I'm sure and they probably do sell them in their single shadows.

I also have the In The Balm of Your Hand Palette... which I totally love. this comes with some of The Balm's "Greatest Hits" It has shadows, highlights, bronzers , blushes a lipstick and a lip and cheek stain... There are a lot of looks you can get with this. The Balm is very Multi-task friendly, so thats good. And I just like it a lot! Its what I used on Christmas Eve and that was probably one of my favorite looks ever... I just like it a lot!

Hope you guys enjoyed this. I'll probably have a drugstore one and more of these "stash" posts once a month maybe... lol idk! We'll see how these work out.

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments