Blogmas Day 3:Lip Swatch Saturday: Smashbox Light it Up Lip Set

I couldn't say no to this lip set! And I love it... and here is why!

Overview of Lip Set 

So I really love the color selection of this lip set. There's a very very nude color, a mauvey nude, a bright lavender, a bright pink, a red and a nice berry color. It also comes with the Lip Mattifyer, which is fun to try... Never wanted to try the full size because it seemed wayyy too gimmicky. But, I don't think its gimmicky. I think its pretty cool and it actually works!

It's also packaged in a box that you can re-use... which is really cool! Its a little bulky, but for me its really useful!

Lip Swatches 

                                         Fig 


This is in the shade Fig, which is the darkest Berry color. I used the lip mattifyer over it and I really liked that! Its a little slip-y without the mattifyer. But overall it is really good. Just make sure to use something to line or try to keep it in place!

Primrose 


This is my favorite shade. It's just so pretty and neutral. I probably have a bunch of others like it... but this is just so pretty! I love it! It looks matte here. I think its because I used a lip liner with it and the Too Faced Lip Insurance Primer too... which does kind of mattify. Its nice! This one lasts a pretty long time too!

Inspiration 
I love this color! Its such a nice, bright pink. I would have never worn a color like this if it weren't in this set... but now I am and I love it! Its fun and pretty and I like it a lot! 


Legendary 
I wish they had named this Legen... wait for it... dary! Lol. I don't even like How I Met Your Mother that much after the show ended... we won't get into that because that is a touchy subject for people but yeah.

I love this color! I used a liner with it and I used the matte topcoat on top. It is a little creamy without the topcoat, but it doesn't look bad! I kind of preferr it matte though. I love this shade. It is comfortable and it lasts a pretty long time and it just makes me feel confident. I have this green outfit on and with the red lip it just looks kinda awesome and Christmasy. Definitely worth it. I would even get this in a full size! 


Famous 
This is a very nude, very "My lips but better" color. I like wearing it with a liner... this time I didn't and I still like the way it looks but it is a very very natural color! 

Tabloid 
This is a crazy vibrant loud color... but I kinda dig it. Its also very buildable. Its a little bit more pinkish, but it wasn't showing up true to color when I looked on it on my iPad... but when I looked at it on my computer, it is pretty true to color... so yeah. This is very very purple because its two layers, you can make it a little less purple if you were to just do one layer or if you mixed it with something like the previous lip color... but overall I think this is pretty and its nice for a bold lip. I will probably get the least use out of this one, but I'm still happy to have it in the kit! 

Not the most flattering if you have a pimple on your lip... but I still think its a pretty color and I think I'm leaving it on. 

Alright... overall I think this is a great gift to get for someone. These are really nice and unique colors, its got a little bit of everything and something for ever occasion really... and the packaging is bulky... but useful. I loved trying the lip mattifyer, I probably wouldn't have tried it other than in this kit... but I think it'd be worth trying a full size... or if they have a sample size. I love this totally think for $29 it is awesome! There isn't a dud in the bunch, and I love it! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 




Comments