2016 Makeup Favorites

Alright... here are all my favorites for the year!

Primer 
Benefit That Gal Primer has been really good for me this year. It works with most anything I use it with. It's super nice and it does sort of brighten, but it makes my pores look better and its long wearing. I just like it!

And the Smashbox Primer Water. This is great! It makes foundation just look more natural on me. It's quick and easy to use and I really like it a lot! I'm almost empty, but I would repurchase.

Foundations 
I had a lot of foundation favorites for the year... I'm going to mention them all... 2 are honorable mentions... 1 is one that I used a lot because it was quick and easy even though it didn't give the best coverage... and 2 are total winners.

So the honorable mentions are the Maybelline Better Skin and the Rimmel Lasting Finish. I think that the Maybelline one was a favorite last year too... I used it a lot this year and finished it up. It's good for dry skin, gives me good coverage and lasts a long time.

Rimmel Lasting Finish is one foundation I think anyone could use. It's very long wearing and the coverage is excellent. It's pretty matte, but it doesn't cake up at all. It works best with a beauty Blender. The only thing I don't like about this foundation is that it doesn't come with a pump... which is terrible. I've been using this a lot again and it's just been loving it. It's a good one.

The lighter coverage product I love is the Urban Decay One n Done. This is just so easy and quick to just grab and use for the quickest makeup look. I used this all the time in the summer... and I love it!

The Too Faced Born This Way Foundation is definitely one of my all time favorites. I kind of just use it for "fancy" makeup days strangely enough, its not one I use every day... I should use it more often because I love it so much... but I probably used the Maybelline one the most this year. This is maybe my second favorite now because of the...

Elf Flawless Finish Foundation! Totally wouldn't have tried this, but I've heard so many rave reviews on it... it just looks sooo perfect on my skin. The coverage is nice, it doesn't get cakey... it lasts a pretty long time... IT HAS A PUMP! And its super super affordable. I love that I'm giving a $6 foundation better reviews than a $39 one!

Concealer 
This is boring, these are the same as last year. Benefit Erase paste and Maybelline Better Skin... I don't love concealer.

Contour 
Not sure if I had this last year or not... but Elf's Contour Palette. I don't contour that often... but when I do, I like this product. Its so easy to use and affordable. I love it.

Bronzer 
I don't wear bronzer all the time... but I did have a few things I loved this year when it came to bronzer.

First and foremost is my Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer. This is sooo good. I really like it. It's a very subtle satiny finish. It smells good and its easy to apply!

And the Too Faced Book of Bronzers! I think Pink Leopard was a favorite of mine in the summer. I like the palette as a whole... but I like the butter bronzer more. I'm excited to try the butter blushes.

Blush 
Milani Baked Blushes in Luminoso and Berry Amore. I tried these early on last year and I was like "yeah these are okay" and then "Ohh... these are amazing." These were kind of a huge discovery for me that kind of made me try more things that I hear recommended a lot.

Also Honorable Mention to the Covergirl Cheekers Blushes. These don't look like anything special... but they are quite amazing! I would highly recommend them! They're so underrated because they aren't the newest release... but sometimes the old stuff is the good stuff!

Highlight 
The Anastasia Glow Kit in Gleam was my first favorite of the year. I got this as a Valentine's Day Gift to myself... it's still probably my favorite of the year. I just really like the colors in this and the idea of a highlighting kit excites me.

Another favorite I got a ton of use out of and was shocked by was Wet n Wild's Boozy Brunch Highlight. This is the best thing you can get at the drugstore and it was sooo nice, especially in the summer. I hear its a dupe for Champagne Pop... I love it. Everyone else was going crazy for their other highlighters, I just found this and I love it... so if you can't find those highlights, this is a good alternative!

And I've been using my Becca Rose Quartz a lot since I got it... which was early in November... so I need to mention that too. It's a really great highlight!

Powder 
This is kind of a random category, but Elf HD Powder has probably been my favorite. I feel like this is a random category and I don't usually powder... but I thought I'd mention it.

Eyeshadow Singles and Palettes 
For eyeshadow singles... really I'm just going to mention the Nars Dual Intensity Shadows. I won Himalia in a contest and I bought Rigel because I swatched the color and I was like "damn I need this right now." And those have been great.

My favorite matte palettes... which have also sort of been my favorite palettes for the year are the Too Faced Natural Matte and the Kat Von D Shade n Light Plum. Too Faced Natural Matte is just so easy to use and easy to blend. Every time I pick it up I'm like "wow... why do I not use this more often!" It's really nice. And the Kat Von D palette is really great and I feel like that's my go to for a fancy look. I use that with the Nars Dual Intensity Shadows and I'm good to go!

2 Permanent palettes I really loved that released this year are the Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette and the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette. The Modern Renaissance is newer for me and I haven't used it a whole lot... but I needed to mention it because its good. And I loved the Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette! Some people were crazy for the Peach Palette, I was all about the PB&J palette. I thought it was really pretty and easy to do looks with. It worked well on my eyes and I just liked it.

Another total favorite from the Indie Variety that I almost forgot about is the Juvia's Place Nubian 2 Palette. This is amazing... I feel like it might bother my eyes a little... so I haven't used it in a while... but it is absolutely one of the best palettes out there... especially for the price. A lot of people complain about the sale price not really being a sale price... keep in mind, this is a small independent brand... they really can't afford to do that and keep it cruelty free and independent. It's a fair price, and its super reasonable even compared to other indie brands... so just think of that.

2 limited edition palettes I'm just going to mention but not talk about because I don't think you can get them any more... Kat Von D Metal Matte Palette and ABH Master by Mario... okay. That's it. Lol. Ohhh and In The Balm of Your Hand... best all in one palette.

I don't really have anything from the drugstore... but the Carli Bybel palette is amazing!

Mascara 
L'oreal Telescopic! This is a great mascara. I never would have tried it, my friend Alyssa got it for me and I'm hooked! So good!

I also liked the Ulta Twisted Volume a lot this year. That's great for sensitive eyes. I'm a big fan!

And the Bareminerals Lash Domination Mascara. Amazing! Absolute favorite of mine!

Eyeliner 
These were determined early on in the year... Colourpop Cream Gel Liners in the pencil form and the Nyx Slide on Glide on Eyeliners... these just work the best for me... can't put them down... will repurchase!

Lips 
I loved the Colourpop Ultra Satin Lipsticks a lot this year. These are so long wearing and comfortable. I just like them a lot. I like them more than the Ultra Mattes... but now I'm starting to kind of like the Ultra Mattes better than I did initially!

Speaking of Colourpop, The Matte X Lipsticks are also amazing and comfortable. I used to love Colourpop's Shadows more than the lip products... now they have so many lip products, I'd totally recommend them for their lipsticks now! And the liners which I use every day... Colourpop is just really really good!

I loved my Too Faced La Creme Lipsticks this year too. I have Honey Bare and Sugar Daddy. Honey Bare is the best... but Sugar Daddy is pretty too. These are so comfy... I'm a big fan!

And the Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks were a big hit for me this year. Specifically Rapture was my favorite. That is the prettiest color! They have it in the Vice lipstick line. Haven't tried them yet... maybe I will soon.

Liners I just used Essence and Nyx Slide on Glide on. They are amazing.

Ohhh and towards the end of the year I quite liked the Smashbox Be Legendary Lipsticks. They're really great! I just like them a lot.

Hope you guys liked this! I think I might do a non makeup one too... cause I didn't mention Brushes tor skincare or anything like that... but yeah. All good stuff.

Byee!
-Shannon

Comments