Blogmas Day 8: Throwback Thursday- Stila Whole Lotta Love set

So I thought for Blogmas I'd do some posts on some of the holiday sets from last year and kind of re-review it, maybe talk about some looks with it or something.

I'm starting with the Stila Whole Lotta Love Set because I think you can still find this at Nordstrom Rack and it occasionally pops up on the Stila site for sales. Stila didn't really have any holiday palette sets this year... which I was a little bummed out about because they do pretty good jobs with their holiday sets and the packaging is always gorgeous.

You get a ton of colors in this... most are on the cooler side... its sort of a weird selection of colors in this, which is why I don't find myself using it a lot... there are a lot of neutrals... but also some blues. There's that popular green/blue/brown color that is so "unique" that every palette and every brand has one in a single shadow or in a palette now... Lol... but yeah. There are 4 blushes... which are nice... I don't love them, but they're pretty okay. And it came with their Huge mascara also so those are good bonuses. There's a huge mirror which I love... and yeah. It's been easy to do an "all in one" look, which is how I've been using it lately.

I was going to do a whole "tutorial on it... I don't think I will, but I'll show the look I did today... keep in mind, this was after a few hours... I was testing a new primer that I'm not really sure is supposed to work for regular powder shadows alone... so here's the look. I put a light whitish color all over the lid, a little bit of the blueish brown color in the outer corner and a matte brown in the crease. I used the blush on the top right, which is a matte mauve-y colored blush.

You can see Tina Belcher in the background. Lol. This was all after having the makeup on for a few hours... so if it doesn't look great... it did look better at the beginning of the day. 

And you can't totally tell everything... but it wasn't a bad look all in all. I kinda liked it, I liked the blush more than I thought I would... even though I maybe used too mud of it here.

The shimmer colors in this palette are really great. There's a nice silver color I used a few days ago, there are some good coppery colors and even the more colorful colors are ones I should probably start using because it doesn't even look like I've dipped into those yet. 

I thought the mascara was pretty good too. It kind of ran on my eyes and it wasn't the best for sensitive eyes... but it volumized pretty well and if you get a free sample of it its pretty good. 

So yeah... not sure if you can still even get this... but if you can, I recommend it for around $20-ish dollars. It was originally $60... I don't think its that great quality to buy it for $60 or over. If you see it on sale... I recommend it if you know you'll use it. I think this would be good for Prom makeup or for beginners. It's a beautiful palette that would make a good gift for anyone if you can find it. If you already have it... bring it back out! There are a lot of good wintery looks you can do with it. That silvery color in the palette really impressed me last week. 

This is actually how I used it last week since I keep referencing that. 

 I was super happy with the look, I thought it was really pretty. The blush and the highlight looked nice... I got some compliments on it and with the red lip it just felt pretty glamourous. I really liked it and felt confident that whole day, and that's a good part of what makeup is about! 

Byeee! Hope this was helpful! Let me know if you have this palette and if you have any looks with it on a blog or youtube channel or something... because it is a weird selection and I could use help! Lol. 

-Shannon 




Comments