Blogmas Day 14: Worth It Wednesday: Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette

This is a great quality palette. The matte shades in this are fantastic, the shimmer shades are really nice and pigmented and the satiny shades are great too. There are lots of different looks you can get with this, its a great complimentary palette to go with any other palette or single shadow... and its just really fun. It goes with any season and its so pretty and I love it!

Does that make it worth it... well not really. This is a very warm, red palette. That isn't exactly for everyone. Anastasia is working on a cool toned palette as well, so if you prefer cooler tones, that would probably be a really good one. If you prefer more neutrals as opposed to reds... if you can find the Mario palette, that one is amazing. There are a lot of neutral palettes out there, I'm happy that Anastasia didn't really go in that direction for their permanent palette. They did something kind of unique and just a really pretty arrangement of colors. It is a little scary... and maybe not the easiest palette to come up with different looks for... but its really a great palette either way.

Anastasia shadows are a little bit tricky to work with. Some primers work for me... some don't work that well... It's kind of a guessing game. They have no problem with pigmentation, but lasting power isn't necessarily the best.

I feel like I'm kind of knocking this palette, and I don't mean to be at all. It might be one of my favorite palettes... but when you hear a lot of Holy Grail Tags mentioning this and so many people have this in sooo many favorites videos... I do have to say, I don't think it is for everyone. I can see a lot of people being like "Huh? Red eyeshadow?" But I really like it. I've probably gotten more use from the Mario palette... but this is beautiful too... it's probably what I'll use on most holidays and "fancy makeup" occasions.

I think its totally worth it... if you like the color selection and can think of several things to do with this... and if you're familiar with the Anastasia formula and you like it. Even if you just like matte shadows, these are mostly mattes. I'm really happy with it... I just can see it not being for every person!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments