Blogmas Day 5: Monday Musts + Gift Guide

So this is going to be a little bit different for my Monday Musts. I'm going to do it regularly and say what I've been loving this week... and I'm sort of going to do a gift ideas of what you could give with it to make a nice gift or stocking or who to give the gifts too... I was just going to do a gift guide but I wanted to be able to include my actual favorite things in with it too... so yeah. I'll try doing something like that.

1) Revlon Photoready Eye Art Duo- 

Why I love It- I really like it as a primer. It's good to use underneath a shimmery shadow to make it pop a little more. You could even just use it as an easy shadow look. And the shimmery end makes for a really nice fancy- going out look.

Who to gift it to- If you have a friend that does flashier makeup looks or they go out a lot. It's good for travel also, so if you have a friend that travels a lot you could gift this to them for travel makeup. Or if you were going away for christmas or the holidays and New Years, this would be a good thing to take with you for an easy look.

Gifting Ideas- You could maybe gift it with a small eyeshadow palette like the Covergirl Goldens Palette, a drugstore mascara, an eyeliner, maybe an eye brush and/ or some eye makeup remover and then you have a cute little total eye gift set.

2) Colourpop Ultra Matte and Ultra Satin Lipsticks- These are great ideas for gifts because even though colourpop is more well known as far as indie makeup goes... its still something that if you aren't that into makeup or youtube you might not know about... and its something your friends might not get for themselves. I've been kind of liking the Ultra Mattes a lot this week because they last a long time and they don't get too uncomfortable. I like the Ultra Satins a little better because they also last a long time and they are more comfortable... but I've been trying to use the Ultra Mattes this week and I think they've been really good and useful.

Who to gift to- As I said... a friend that loves makeup but maybe doesn't know too much about indie brands or wouldn't go out of their way to order something online. Also teenagers would probably appreciate this a lot, I wasn't allowed to order online as a teen really... so I would have wanted to try this but wouldn't be able to.

Gifting Ideas- Last year I gave one of these in with a palette from sephora (it came in a 4-pack so I broke the palettes up and gave one to each friend) and a bath and body works spray, a mascara and a nail polish and nail kit. Or you could gift a set or a few of them. Colourpop has some sets and bundles on their sites right now.

3) Covergirl's Soft Mink Blush- I think I mentioned this last week too. The color just kind of goes with any look and its never too much. It's really easy to blend out... it is a no-brainer type of blush that I think is a staple for anyone.

Who To Gift To- Makeup Beginners... people who don't really use blush much. If I had known about this in High School... maybe I would have tried blush sooner. It's so good! I like the mirror in this a lot too... so it might even be good for professionals. Idk. Lol. I could see this blush working for a lot of people with a lot of different looks. Or if you're a mom who likes makeup... this would be a good gift from a kid.

Gifting Ideas- This is a little bit tough. I would maybe gift it with a highlighter. I like using this with Becca's Rose Quartz... so if you were going to give that as a gift and you wanted a little something extra to go with it... this is really nice. Otherwise maybe with a gift card or some other favorite drugstore makeup.

4) Smashbox Be Legendary Cream Lipsticks/ Light it Up Lip Set- I just did a Lip Swatch Saturday on these and I love them! They are very comfortable. I talk more about them in the review... if you read it. I like the color range of the set a lot. And I think a lot of people would really like them.

Who To Gift To- If you have a friend that LOVES lipstick and wears any color, this would be really good for them. The formula is even so good that if you just wanted to get something for someone in the $20 range, it's probably something that would go under people's radar and I think it would be something a lot of people would like... so its another thing they wouldn't necessarily buy for themselves. The set is also in the $20-range its $29 so... yeah its good gift that doesn't totally break the bank.

Gifting Ideas- I kinda went over that above... just gift the set or buy a full size... these are a little smaller than I would use for breaking up and giving to people... but I guess you could do that still... I think its a better gift as a whole or just buying one color for a friend.

5) Smashbox Contour Kit from the 500 Point Perk set- I reviewed the whole set right here and the highlight of the set is the contour kit. It's a generous size for a free point perk... and the formula is really nice and creamy.

Who to gift to- I would say gift the contour kit to someone you really know wants a contour kit or that wants to get into contouring. Basically... if your friend asks you for the contour kit, its a good gift. If you got the 500 point perk for yourself, I think you could gift the individual contour set to someone, maybe include some contouring brushes... I like the Real Techniques Bold Metals and some sort of setting brush for the highlight. The 500 point perk on its own would be a pretty good gift for a friend or sister or someone that you know would like them and wouldn't mind that it is deluxe samples and not full sized.

Gifting Ideas- I wouldn't really break up the set again... I think some of the samples are too small to be a full gift... but I think this on its own would be a fine gift... like I said maybe with a contour brush or a highlighter. If you get the full size too, I'd still recommend getting a contour brush with it too... because if someone is new to contouring, they probably don't have a brush.

So yeah! Those are my recommendations for gifts based on my current favorite things from the week!

Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments