Blogmas Day 7: Worth it Wednesday: Lorac Mega Pro 3

I waited a little bit too long to do this review... As of right now I don't see it online at Lorac's website, and it isn't on Ulta's website... so it's not looking good. Its on Ebay... but that's a fake palette, so don't buy it from there! I can tell you this, no one is going to sell a $60 palette that was just released and sold out for $15... so don't buy that! Fake makeup is bad! 

I'm doing this review anyway... just in case you find one in store or if they bring it back or if its on QVC or HSN or wherever. They just re-released the Mega Pro 2 on there... they could release the Mega Pro 3 next year or maybe even this year... so I figured the review was still worth giving. 

I really like the Lorac formulas. I find them very easy to work with and you can do a great really quick look with, especially the pro palette and this gives you every sort of neutral color that you would ever really want. It's divided nicely between mattes and shimmers and warm looks and cool looks. You can kind of see half of the palette is much warmer than the other side, so I think that gives it some versatility in it too. 

These apply very nicely on the eyes too. They're all very true to color. You could definitely do an all matte look or an all shimmer look. I've done an all matte look for my Hippie Makeup Look and I really liked that. You could probably get a similar look with the Kat Von D Shade n Light Plum quad... so don't buy it for that alone... but yeah. 

This also isn't anything really new either... but I find myself reaching for this palette quite often. The shades are all shades that I really like so I find that I can make any really nice quick look from it and that's why I think its a nice,versatile palette. Even though its big and that can sometimes be a little overwhelming...  I find it very handy in this instance. 

So do I think its worth it... kinda sorta? For me, I think its $60 well spent because I really have been using it a lot and there are a lot of looks you can do with it and I really like everything I've done so far... but I don't think its necessarily the best palette out there. The Permanent Lorac Palettes are just as good... the little Lorac Pro Metal palette is totally amazing too, I would definitely recommend that one... but this one is good too... and to me I'm not upset at the price tag because I do think its worth it! 

So that is everything! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments