Frugal Friday: Top 5 Drugstore Makeup Brands

I love drugstore makeup! And I saw TerriLee Nifty and Thrifty do this video on youtube and I thought it was a great idea! Terri Lee is in a group called M.A.B which stands for Middle Aged Beauty. I'm not middle aged, but I think its a great group and they do a lot of great videos and it shows that you can be into beauty and makeup at any age... and there are no rules with makeup! Wear whatever you're comfortable with! And with all the very young youtubers out there... its really nice to see a group of older women with great youtube channels. And they do a lot of giveaways within the group, which is always fun.

So anyway... top 5 Drugstore Makeup Brands!!! I didn't include brands like Ulta Brand, L'oreal or Nyx because I don't really consider them in the drugstore price range... but they are still really nice! 

5)Covergirl- I almost had this as an honorable mention... but I think this is definitely in the Top 5. I really like the new Trunaked palettes that they came out with, I love the Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation, the Instant Cheekbones blush palette... the Katy Kat Matte lipsticks... there's just a lot of great stuff from Covergirl. And I think they used to have a lot more misses... but they've improved so much since then! They've improved packaging and the formula of their lipsticks... and they have foundations that kind of work for every type of skintone. The 3-in-1 Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation didn't work for me... but it might for someone with more oily skintone. The Ready Set Georgeous worked well for me! I think they're the most improved drugstore brand and I think you could get a full face of good makeup with this brand. 

Ohhh also they have great mascaras! I can't really use their mascaras because everything bothers my eye... but it did look good on my eyes! 

4) Maybelline- This is another brand I know I can get pretty much a full face from and it look nice. I don't love their cheek products... but some of their other products are my favorites! I love the Nudes palette, the Superstay Better Skin Foundation and the color tattoos... and all of their lipsticks pretty much... They're just a really great brand and have some of my favorite products. 

3) Makeup Revolution- I haven't tried quite as much from Makeup Revolution... but the products I have tried are amazing. The Romantic Smokey palette is amazing, their blush palettes are all really good... and I have a bronzer from them I really like too! And the blush palettes are a really nice quality... and they aren't bad quality. They aren't totally comparable to high end... but they are really really good! 

2) Wet n Wild- Wet n Wild is another great brand! I haven't tried any of their face products... I have tried a contour and a highlight though and its great. Their palettes are fantastic. The Boozy Brunch Highlight is totally my favorite. I've even heard the coverall foundation is really good too. Their limited edition stuff is great too! If you find the limited edition displays though... snatch them up right away! 

1) Elf - Elf is a great inexpensive line that has also really stepped up their game! The Mad for Matte palette is great, their contour and illuminating palettes are great. They have great lipsticks! I've tried way more hits than misses from this line and I think you can get just as good products from Elf as you can from a high end brand. Really good stuff! Highly recommend trying out something from the line at least! 

That's everything! Hope you guys find this helpful! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 



Comments