Blogmas Day 21: Worth It Wednesday: Real Techniques Sponge Gift Set Review

So this is kind of a very last minute review... don't have anything posted for the next few days... and I'm going to just do an outfit and makeup look for Christmas Eve and Christmas... so yeah.

This set comes with 2 of the regular Real Techniques Sponges, 3 mini sponges and one of the sculpting sponges.It costs 19.95 at ulta... It was $15 on Target's website... so definitely check the website first. I've been trying the regular Real Techniques sponges and the mini sponge for a while now and I used the sculpting sponge 2 times now... once for foundation and concealer and once for sculpting... I have my thoughts fully formed and I love them all. Totally think the set is worth the money!

I've tried the Beautyblender Pro Sponge once... it didn't really last all that long for me... never bought one on its own... mine came in a Sephora Favorites kit... and I don't think that's worth $20 so I've never bought one on its own. The Real Techniques sponges regular orange sponges are usually what I buy. They expand like the beauty blender... they aren't quite as spongey... but its still nice. I always like the shape because the flat bottom is good for blending the whole face and the pointy end is good under the eyes or around the nose. It really works well for that and I really like it.

The mini sponges are super great too! They work well under the eyes... I even use these for powder. It blends it out so well and it makes it soo much easier under the eyes. These are very soft and really nice. I absolutely love it! You could just use the regular sponge for this... but this is just sooo much easier! I really like it a lot! I love that there are 3 of these sponges in there. There are 2 in the regular set when you buy the mini sponges I think. These are also wayyy easier to clean. It's very nice. I like it a lot!

And last but not least the Sculpting Sponge. This is probably the most comparable to the beauty blender. It expands quite a bit and there is a good amount of spring to it. It's such an easy multi-tasking brush too. I used it for foundation, concealer and for cream contour. The pointy top end blended my concealer really well. The bottom end was good for foundation. And it blended out my cream concealer from the Tartiest Pro Glow palette. I used the Real Techniques bold metals brush and just sort of left it a streak and then I blended with the sculpting sponge and it looked perfect! It worked super well... I'm just overall very very happy with this sponge.

So yeah 100% recommend this. Even if you already have some of the sponges... you could always use backups. I have 2 of the regular sponges and 2 of the mini sponges opened already and its nice to have some rotation between the products. I highly recommend checking this out! It is just soo nice and definitely worth the price!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments