Blogmas Day 4: Stocking Stuffer Sunday: Eye Candy

I'm super excited to announce Stocking Stuffer Sundays!!! I will have 3 of these up on this blog and 3 up on my other blog, Scribbles About Life... so yeah. I'm going to try to have a category and post what I think good ideas for stocking stuffers would be in each thing.

Today is Eye Candy... so let's get into it!

Eye Bases 
I really like the new Revlon Colorstay Cream Shadows for a nice, shimmery base. These could work on their own or with an eyeshadow on top of it. It lasts a long time and its really a nice base. I love it and it comes in handy!

I also really like the Elf Smudge Pots... same Cream Shadow concept... the Elf Smudgepots are much creamier and I think they last the longest out of any drugstore shadow and they are the cheapest. They're $3 at most stores... I think they have them at Dollar Tree and ShopMissA for $1... so yeah. These are super nice.

If I had to pick a favorite right now it would be the Revlon Photoready Eye Art Duo. I've used Burnished Bling the past few days... I have a look with it coming up on Tuesday too... but yeah. Really good stuff! Easy, pigmented the glitter side doesn't stay good that long... but its an easy fancy eye look... just use this and a little something in the crease!

Or just a primer... whatever one works for you... or whichever you happen to see. I like the Elf Primer and Liner Sealer... in my experience... there's not a primer that works for every single eyeshadow that there is... but yeah.

Single Shadows 
I really like Colourpop Shadows! I don't use mine a whole lot... but they're cute and easy to use and come up with looks for. I don't recommend the matte ones... but I like the shimmers a lot! Super cute and nice.

And I just remembered Prestige has really great single shadows too! I've tried pretty much all of their different formulas I think. All really good. Not super long wearing... but really nice for the most part!

If you really want to get Fancy, Nars Dual Intensity Shadows are my favorites... that's sooo fancy though lol. If you put that in a stocking, you are the best husband/boyfriend/best friend/ parent/ girlfriend/ wife/ aunt/ child/ whatever ever! Lol. These are my favorites... but yeah.

Small Palettes 
The L'oreal Color Riche Pocket Palette quads are really nice and would be great in a stocking. These you could just put in your purse and use on the way to work or something. They are great for beginners too because these are pretty fool proof. I love them for quick looks!

Wet n Wild Trios are always good too! I really like the one in Sweet as Candy, but there are a lot of other good ones too... I have a few of the permanent ones... some of the LTD ones... and yeah. Really nice!

I like the Covergirl Trunaked Palettes a lot too. If you get a bigger palette from the drugstore... these are the way to go... I think they're good alternatives to Naked Palettes.

Or if Makeup Revolution is Accessible, they have $7 palettes that are amazing! I have the Romantic Smokey palette and I love it! They have others that are alternatives to the Naked Palettes also... but yeah these are good too.

Elf has some great $10 palettes. The Mad for Matte palette is amazing! I love them!

And if you wanted to spend a little more money... the Kat Von D Shade n Light Quads are really really good. I use the Plum quad all the time and it is awesome.

The Lorac Pro Metals palette is good too. The lorac smaller palettes are not bad. I love my Redefined Romance palette. The one from Black Friday last year is great... but yeah. All good!

Brushes 
I think Eye Brushes in a stocking is super exciting! My favorite is the It for Ulta All Over Shadow Brush. It's $14... so not totally budget friendly, but not breaking the bank. I also love the crease brush from It cosmetics. They do have a brush set for $28 with double ended brushes and they have a liner brush and something else... I didn't think I'd use those as much as I would use just the plain All Over Shadow Brush and Crease Brush, which is why I got the 2 individual instead of the set... but yeah. It brushes for Ulta are great and they sometimes have deals on them at Ulta.

The Wet n Wild Large Eyeshadow brush is not unlike the All Over Shadow Brush either. It kinda packs on shadow similary and both are good. I want to try more from the line... but I never see them anywhere!

And Elf Brushes are good! I really like them! They work Well!

And Real Techniques. Their eye brushes aren't as good as their other ones... but they're pretty good!

Liners 
Nyx Slide on Glide on or Colourpop! Love them!

Mascara 
Mascara is a kind of personal thing... I would say L'oreal Telescopic is my favorite right now. Ulta Twisted Volume is also really really good... L'oreal is probably easier to find... so yeah! Really great!

I think that is everything! Check out my other blog if you want to see a movie type of stocking stuffer  type of thing... yeah!

Byeee!
-Shannon!


Comments