Makeup Collection: Drugstore Palettes

So I'm just going to get into my drugstore palettes. I'm going to do the larger things marketed more as palettes than like the wet n wild 5 pans or anything... I'll have a separate collection on that... and I'll probably do that next.

 I think I mentioned this in the full size palettes but I want to give it another mention... the Nyx Butt Naked Underneath it All Palette. If you can find this, its worth trying... if you can't find it... you aren't missing out on too much.

I have a Pixi palette. This was a holiday palette from a few years ago. It has a lot of different shadows and blushes and highlighters. I really loved the highlighters in this palette last year. I haven't used this in a while, but it is a good palette.

Also from Pixi this is the Eye and Face Contour Kit. I got this mostly for the face contours, which I really like. I haven't tried the eyes, there are mostly mattes, but they have some light shimmers you could use as highlights also. Its useful to have.

I have the L'oreal La Palette Nudes. I think they have a smokey palette as well. These are nice, but they don't last very well on my eyes. Still, I've come up with some of my favorite looks ever with these palettes... so they're worth having, they're nice they just don't stay on very well... get them on sale.

2 other ones I'm a little meh about are the Milani eye palettes. These are kind of hit and miss... I feel like these are worth owning and they have purpose... they just aren't really for me I don't think... but I have Bare Necessities and Earthy Elements.

I have 2 from covergirl that I think are way better. I have the Goldens and the Nudes... I have High end palettes and I think these are definitely on par with those. Some people are saying these aren't very good... but I like them a lot. I feel like these might be the best from the drugstore.

Another Drugstore Palette that doesn't get very good reviews, but I actually like a lot is the Maybelline Nudes. These aren't as chalky as I feel like people say. You can really work with it... I have created some good looks with this and I do not regret it at all.

I have 3 eye palettes from Elf. 1 I think is limited edition and no longer available. I got it from TJ Maxx, its the beauty book... I thought it looked like the Vice palette at the time and I wanted it... I think I maybe used this once... lol I'm bad! I need to use it more! I have the Mad For Matte palette and the Prism Palette in Sunset. These are both really good. I used the Matte palette for my Felicity Smoak inspired look... and I just really like these. These last a long time and just work really well.

I have a couple from Wet n Wild. I have the Comfort Zone and a limited edition one called Ho Ho Hollywood. Comfort Zone is fantastic... Ho Ho Hollywood... not fantastic. Its pretty but its all cream... Its not really my thing.

I have the Makeup Revolution Romantic Smokey Palette... if you get one drugstore palette... get Makeup Revolution. I love this one and highly recommend checking it out. The Mattes are great, the shimmers are great... its just amazing overall.

My sister got me a little palette last year that was called Spring Fling, I know its from Ulta... it feels like their own brand but it might be profusion. This is really nice and colorful. Its very pretty and I recommend this if you see something like this at your Ulta around the holidays.

And 2 kind of regrets... The Nyx Wicked Dreams Palette... Nyx has gotten much better since this palette was released.This was just chalky and bad. It wasn't totally unusable... I reached for it quite a bit after I got it... and its very convenient for travel because its so compact and it comes with 32 shadows and a nice mirror... and it is't unusable... but its not the easiest.

And the Make Up Academy Metals palette... I was really excited for this because it got such great reviews... and it was pigmented... but it was really hard for me to work with. I might try using this a little more because the shadows are pretty... but this isn't one you can really use more than one color cause they just don't layer well. Most people really like this... I just found it hard to use.

I have the Spice Market palette from Sonia Kashuk also! I love this palette... but I do regret this a little because it was very expensive for the amount of product you get. It has 4 shadows and 2 blushes and they last forever and they wear really great... but it was like $24... and thats a lot.

If you want my honest opinion... I don't think the drugstore is the best place to get eyeshadow palettes from. I don't think any of them are terrible... but some of these things are like $20... and its just not worth that. For $16 more you could get something like the Too Faced Natural Eyes... some anastasia palettes are only $30 and some Urban Decay palettes are like $29... so idk about that. I think some of these are worth that and I definitely love all of these palettes... but I wouldn't recommend the L'oreal or Maybelline palettes over the Urban Decay. The Makeup Revolution and the Covergirl... probably... lol. That Makeup Revolution Palette is seriously amazing. And you can always get these on sale... so I wouldn't really recommend paying $20 or anything for any of them. But yeah.


Hope this was helpful!
Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments