Worth It Wednesday: Ulta Haul/ Top 10 High End Items Worth the Splurge

So I recently purchased a few things from Ulta during a 20% off sale... and I figured I would tell you guys what they were... but these are also things I have tried before or have in different colors and products I think are worth the splurge... so I thought I would tell you some High End Items I think are worth the price. I'd still recommend waiting for 20% off coupons and sales or redeeming Ulta points, trying in some sort of value set... go on Hautelook. There are lots of ways to get deals on high end products, so I would definitely say try that... but even stand alone... these are worth the price I think.

And this is actually going to be a new series on this blog... I've decided that. Lol. I love a good discount. I don't like to buy high end makeup full priced... most of my drugstore makeup I buy on sale also and for that matter pretty much all of my clothing and accessories I only buy if I have a coupon or some sort of discount... so basically I think all things considered... would I actually pay full price for any of these? Do I think they are worth the price tag, be it big or small. Would I repurchase these items? Do I want more shades or different palettes or something... and I'll consider if it is worth the price. And I talk about that a little more when I go through things like "Is this better than my affordable alternative, or is it on par." And I think if things are versatile and stuff like that... so these tried and true, I would repurchase them or buy other colors or things with or without a coupon and be satisfied. (Side note: I have Satisfied from Hamilton stuck in my head. Lol.) So... yeah. Worth the price!

Haul 
I love the Pur Cosmetics Eye polishes. I have the shade Silk and it is absolutely gorgeous and I've been using it a lot this week. And I like it so much that I'll try to come up with looks just to use this color. I got the shade Cashmere because I'm sure I'll get a ton of use with that also.

Another thing is the Too Faced La Creme lipstick in the shade Sugar Daddy. I have the shade Honey Bear and I love the formula so much I want many more. These are in the most gorgeous packaging and they feel so comfortable and they're so good. These go on Hautelook a lot I think and during the 21 Days of Beauty they sometimes go for BOGO Free or BOGO Half I think... I hope they do that again because these are awesome.

And the Bareminerals Lash Domination Mascara... I'll talk about that more on the list. Lol.

This is also just Make Up... I have a lot of high end skincare favorites too... but I pretty much always buy them on sale... I always buy these on sale too... but you know.

1) Too Faced Born This Way Foundation- This foundation is a really nice full coverage foundation that I think can work for Dry Skin or Oily Skin. If you're very oily, this might make you oily throughout the day.... but it looks pretty amazing and I've seen it on many different skin types. It also photographs really well. I just really like it. There are drugstore foundations I like just as much... but ultimately this always looks good. And the packaging is pretty and it has a pump... so those are always bonus points. Lol.

2) Benefit Erase Paste- This is a great concealer. And a great corrector. Its really supposed to be an under eye corrector I guess. It works well on blemishes too. I put this under my eyes mostly and put a thin concealer like the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin over it. Its just amazing. There are probably drugstore dupes... but I'm so picky with my concealers that I don't really think I'm going to bother trying any others.

3) Pur Cosmetics Eye Polish- This is expensive for what it is... but I'd say its worth it because its pretty fantastic and there is nothing else like it for a more affordable price just yet. I would say Colourpop is similar... but this is even better than colourpop and its more of a one n done type of shade. I'm probably going to get these any time I can when they're on sale because I just love them. There is nothing more pigmented than these.  Its amazing. I think the Stila Magnificent Metals are similar to these... but those are more expensive and you need a mixing medium for them. This you just put on your eyelid. Its great.

4) Bareminerals Mineral Veil Powder- This is awesome. I'm not much of a powder person because I have dry skin... but the makeup on my chin usually wears off and sometimes a powder just makes everything look a little better and just prettier. I like it. This came in a few kits and I was like "whatever, its just a powder. Its not going to change my life." It changed my life... it was great. Lol. I love it.

5)Bareminerals Lash Domination Mascara- I have pretty sensitive eyes and I tend to only like Cruelty Free mascaras because for some reason those work for me and rarely bother me whereas mascaras from brands like Maybelline or L'oreal tend to bother me. I'm not sure if this is a legitimate ingredient or something about those mascaras... but when you notice a pattern its hard to un-notice it. I feel like this gives the best length and volume to my lashes and even looking at pictures they just look so long and so good. I don't feel the need to use a curler with these. This also isn't incredibly expensive. It's $19... which isn't exactly cheap, but theres a covergirl mascara right now thats $13 and mascaras are expensive anyway... so it makes sense to splurge on one thats a lot better than the others.

6) Too Faced La Creme Lipstick- This is just an awesome formula and they have so many great colors. It doesn't last a long time... but they're so pretty and just some of my favorites. I also really like the Bite Beauty Lipsticks and those I feel like I may like a little more than these La Creme lipsticks... but for some reason I wouldn't go so far as to say I would spend $24 on a Bite Beauty lipstick... but I would pay the $22 for this Too Faced Lipstick. Its only a couple dollars more... but I would still say these are worth $22 and I don't think I'd say Bite is worth $24. Thats a weird way to put it... but Idk. Thats just how I feel about it I guess.

7) Too Faced Eyeshadows- Can you tell what my favorite brand is? Lol. There are lots of brands I think are great for eyeshadows. I would say my other two favorites are Tarte and Lorac. And even though I think I like Tarte and Lorac just as much... across the board I think Too Faced wins. They have a lot of eyeshadow palettes, they have some really nice beginner-friendly palettes like the Natural Matte which I love and the Boudoir Eyes, which was one of my first palettes... but they also have some really fun ones like the Sugar Pop and the Rock Star... and they have neutral palettes that aren't just neutrals. In the Chocolate Bar palettes they have a lot of fun colors too... and even with their Peanut Butter Palette and Peach palette... they have some great shades. I think these are very collectable too... Just because when I see the packaging I'm like "OMG I NEED THAT" and its a total gimmick and thats what its trying to do... but at the same time I don't care. Its beginner friendly and just really really fun. I love them. And if you're a beginner I'd totally recommend one of the smaller $36 palettes that they have because they are great around the board. I'm a big fan.

There are also only a few high-end eyeshadow palettes I've paid full price for and 2 of them were Too Faced... which is saying something.

8) The Balm Mary LouManizer-I feel like highlighters are probably my favorite make up products... and eye shadows. But there's something about putting highlighter on and just seeing it in the mirror that just totally pulls a look together and makes it look awesome. And I only have a small size of this in the "In The Balm Of Your Hand Palette" but I know I want more. I think I'll probably hit pan on this and I will definitely want this in my life. There really isn't anything else like it... its amazing. I don't know if I'd even say this is my favorite highlighter... its been my favorite highlighter lately... but this is worth the price.

I love the Becca highlighters... but I don't think they're worth $38... cause that is CRAZY! I also love the You Glow Girl Highlighter from Ofra and that's a little cheaper... or maybe the same price as Mary Lou... idk. All the youtubers have 30% off for Ofra... so there are good deals for Ofra. I feel like I should mention their liquid lipsticks too... but I only have Havana Nights... so I might need to try... every other color before  giving that final call. Lol. But I just figured I'd mention Mary Lou because I thought she was the most expensive and I'd say yeah... you want her in your life. Splurge on her.

Also when you try a lot of more affordable products too... its hard to have a high end product knock your socks off... and I think the BH Cosmetics Wild and Radiant palette did that for me. There's a dupe of Becca's opal in there and its even more shiny... so I like it more. And thats only like $8... maybe less... so that is DEFINITELY worth it compared to $38... so yeah. The Balms and the Ofra one still knocked my socks off compared to those.

And I want to try the Pur Cosmetics one because that looks AMAZING!

9) Benefit That Gal Primer- I feel like this is such a simple product that there might be a drugstore version of it... but I haven't personally found anything better, so this is going to stay in my life. No one talks about this, but I always think my makeup looks SOOO much better when I use this. It gives a little bit more of a luminous look... but it also really smoothes everything out and makes my makeup last longer I feel like. I've heard people say this works great under concealer... but yeah. This is a hidden gem that more people need in their life because it is amazing. Absolutely worth $29. Although I feel like I'm going through it fast... I would still say 100% this is worth it. I think I even like it more than my Hangover Rx Primer... but there are some foundations that look better with that primer... so its all different.

10) Lorac Unzipped Blush Palette- This is another hidden gem I feel like. I think people get scared by the more bronzy shade in this... but I am the palest person and I think it looks pretty. Lol. This palette is such a great deal. It comes with 4 blushes... and a lipstick too I think... mine came with a lipstick... the lipstick was nice but you really needed to work with it to get it to look nice... but just for the 4 amazing blushes in this palette alone... it is worth $25. I think the colors are really pretty and wearable and if you have my skintone this would work really well for you. If you have a deeper skintone, I don't know how well the lighter shades would pick up... but the 2 darker shades in here are great also. Its very nice and versatile. I just think these blushes are the prettiest and the best formula.

I feel like I need to give an honorable mention to Tarte because Tarte also has wonderful blushes. I feel like since I've tried the Milani Baked Blushes... its hard to beat them... especially for the price. But I would say this blush palette, the Tarte blushes I've tried and maybe the Hot Mama from the balm beat the Milani baked blushes. And those I think are the only ones. I have a Too Faced Love Flush Blush that I think stays stronger longer on the face than any of the other blushes... but its not as easy to use and for that reason it doesn't quite beat the milani.

So yeah. That is about it. I hope this was useful. I think maybe I will try to compare more affordable favorites to these products in the near future... so stay tuned to that... that should be fun. And maybe I'll even do a separate lipstick and gloss one... because there are so many I'm thinking about right now... lol. I forgot to mention Buxum which I love and totally think is worth $19!



Comments