Monday Musts! 2.15.16

This is kind of an Elf-y week I feel like. Idk. The first couple things I'm talking about are from Elf... so maybe that's just how its going to be.

1) Elf X Tra Lipgloss in Michael- This is such a pretty color and a really nice formula. This is like a dark neutral purple... which I love. Its so pretty and pigmented and I just really love it. I was going to say enjoy it... but that sounds funny. I like it okay! Michael lives in my purse! Lol this is weird cause my future brother in law is named Michael... lol. 

2) Elf Smudgepot in Cruisin Chic- So I used the Milani Eyeshadow palette... and I wasn't crazy about them the first time I tried them, but I thought they would work better with a cream shadow... and they do! With a sticky cream shadow, these look really good. They still don't blend all that nicely... but they don't just look like powder on my eyes when I use the smudge pot... so that is good. This saved that eye look... so it is mentionable in this Monday Musts. Lol.

3) Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation- I haven't used this in a little while because sometimes it gets a little cakey looking on me... but it looked really nice and natural on my skin using it this week. I feel like this is kind of like the Too Faced Born This Way foundation... I still think I like the too faced more, but this is really great too!

4) Elf HD Powder- Back to Elf, lol... I kind of misplaced my Bareminerals Mineral Veil Powder and I found this one and started using it and its just as good if not better for $6. I think my foundation lasts longer with this powder... this is just a little messier. And it looks really natural on my dry skin... so I really like it. I don't bake or anything... but I like this for setting my face. I've been using it with the It Cosmetics Powder brush in the travel set... and I'll be talking about that soon. Lol.

5) Too Faced Rock and Roll Palette- This is one of my "shop my stash" products because I got this during the Cyber Monday Mystery Bag deal... and I've only used this once! And I feel like this is such an underrated palette, if you see it on Hautelook or at Nordstrom Rack or somewhere... get it! Its so good, its the perfect smokey palette. There are times when I'm just going out to a bar and I want a nice smokey eye and this is such a great palette for that. I really like it. This will be in an OOTD post soon... so look for it... but yeah. This is a great palette and I'm really happy I shopped my Stash for it!

If you can't find this one, the Cat Eyes looks kind of similar... and once again Elf has a few ones that I think you can get similar looks from. I have the Prism palette in Sunset, and that has a really nice gold and purple that are also good... not quite the same but also good, and they have their own smokey palette. I've been pretty into smokey looks lately! Out of my comfort zone, but I like it!

6) Lorac Unzipped Cheeks- These are my favorite blushes I think I have... and I haven't used this palette in too long... so having it again is sort of like... REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD! Lol. If you like variety... this palette has 4 colors, but its a little bit of everything.... and its just good. I'm really liking it.

7) Nyx Peekaboo Neutral w/ Too Faced Sugar Daddy- These are nice colors. Sugar Daddy is very peach and on its own idk if I like it that much on me... but paired with the Nyx Peekaboo Neutral it is saved. This nyx pencil isn't my favorite formula, I prefer the Slide on Glide on lip pencils... but for the color it is amazing. I feel like this fixes any lip product. Lol. The formula isn't terrible... its just not my favorite, it feels very light on though and that is really nice.

8) Nyx Slide on Glide on Eye Liner in Gilded Gold- I was really REALLY trying to think of a good product for this 8 slot because there are honestly a lot of products that are runner ups...  for other top tiers, the Ofra You Glow Girl highlighter, the It Cosmetics brush I mentioned... the Tarte Eye brush from the stroke of midnight set... the L'oreal Infallible Setting Spray and even my Colourpop Get Paid liner... all runners up. I've used those and loved them this week... and although I've talked about this color before and I've talked about this liner before... This is one of my MVP's of the week because it really pulled a look that I did with the Too Faced Rock and Roll Palette together and thats what this color does. If you have a really nice gold eyelid... this will just pull the look together so well and look really pretty and just add a lot to any look. The Colourpop Get paid does that also... but I don't know. This really does just slide on and glide on. And it stays on... Idk if it really does turn on... but I love these!

Soon I think I might do a non-makeup favorites with brushes and other things soon because there are lots of other things I've been liking too. Idk when I'll have that... but I will... and I got the Anastasia Glow Kit but I like writing these posts on Thursdays cause I think that gives a good and accurate measure of what I really have been loving this week... and as of right now I haven't tried those yet! So expect a something with those products in the not so distant future!

Byeeeee!
-Shannon


Comments