Makeup/Beauty Storage- February 2016

So I feel like I keep on updating how I have my makeup stored... I have a lot of stuff and I only have a small room... so keeping everything together has been a little bit of a struggle... but now I think I have it mostly finalized. I have some room to grow and I'm happy about that. And its not ideal or fancy... but I don't really have room for Alex Drawers or anything... nor do I have the money... so it is what it is sort of... and for right now I'm happy with it.

So I'll start off with my desk I guess. I have this tin that has the eiffel tower on it and I have a few taller drugstore palettes in there. I have my L'oreal La Palettes and my Pixi Face and Eye Contour palette in there. Thats just easiest for the time being and I like it. In front of that I have a Philosophy lotion... just so its easy to grab and use. That will probably move depending on when I use that.

And I also have the Tarte Holiday Gift set container from Ulta and in that I keep some makeup that are like "all in one" kits or things I can create a whole look with easily... and things that don't really fit easily anywhere else. I have some Elf bronzers in there, the Sonia Kashuk Spice Market Palette, the Tarte Showstopper Palette... some primers, my LOC color sticks... a single Ulta Eyeshadow I still haven't used... just an array of things... I need to use that more. Lol.

I have a few perfumes in front of that. I have Dot by Mark Jacobs, which I got at TJ Maxx... Lady Gaga's The Fame, a Nirvana Black Rollerball, Nirvana White and the Nirvana White Perfume Oil.

I have a little jewelry box my friend gave me that I have jewelry I've been using a lot and I have a rollerball in there also. I have another tin with a cherub on it to go with the Paris tin and that has bigger lipsticks and chubby crayons. I have a Minion Mug filled with all mini lipsticks and glosses and a few easy to grab ones like the Philosophy lipgloss.

And since we're still on lips I have a Bareminerals box that came with a holiday set and I have all my smaller lipsticks in there and some of my glosses and my high end glosses.

Then I have a little 3-drawer holder that I have all of my foundations and primers sitting on top of. I thought that would be the easiest thing to go there right now. In the top drawer I have some cream shadows, primers and my more high end shadows and one from prestige that is super pretty and I want to reach for a little more.

Then in the 2nd drawer I have all my wet n wild stuff and a few smaller palettes from nyx and maybelline, rimmel and there might be a covergirl one in there... not sure.

This last drawer is mostly singles and a few quads or 5-pan palettes. I have my L'oreal Infallibles in here... my Makeup Forever Artist shadows, Milani Bella Eyes... and a few other things.

I have my Stila Whole Lotta Love palette out here because its massive and it doesn't fit anywhere... but its also a good all-in one thing to use. I have a few brush holders. One is a donut mug that O got from American Eagle and I have all my eye brushes and pencil liners in there... And then I have an incredible Hulk Mug, which I have some face products in.

And the last beauty related thing I have is my 3-drawer holder that I keep all of my palettes in. The top drawer has all my smaller palettes... so I have all of the smaller too faced palettes in here. I have some cream eyeshadows. My Tarte Holiday set palette, my Z palettes, Lorac Pro metals. Things like that. In the 2nd drawer I have all of my larger palettes... so my too faced palettes are in there, lorac palettes the Carli Bybel Palette and my naked palette. Plus I keep all of my everyday things in here. I have 2 Pur Cosmetics Eye Polishes and my eye primers and mascaras and concealers. And the last drawer is sort of something that will be changing from time to time... but I basically have palettes I want to make a point to reach for. Right now I have my In The Balm of Your Hand... which I use a lot for the cheek products alone. I have  the Self Made palette from anastasia, the Tartelette in Bloom palette, Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette, Lorac Unzipped Cheek, One of my Z palettes with makeup geek shadows in it... a Lorac palette that was available for the holidays... the Tarte Blush Palette... and I have some larger palettes that just fit well here. So I have my Tarte Christmas Palette from last year, a Pixi palette from last year and the Nyx Turn The Other Cheek Palette.

On top of those drawers I have my Soap And Glory Fragrance mists, the Bite Beauty Watercolor lipgloss set and my Too Faced Melted lipsticks and La Cremes. I have 2 La Cremes and 3 melted's right now... And I have a little jewelry holder for bracelets and some cutesy toy things.

My desk also has a little compartment underneath it and I have my mirror in here... this mirror is my grandmother's from the 70s or 80s... she had one and she liked it so much she bought another... never took it out or used it... but she knows I like makeup so she gave it to me and it still works! It has really nice lighting features too that still work! I try not to use the lights so much because I feel like where I have it might be a fire hazard if I put it back right after use... and idk what kind of lightbulbs they made back then... its older than me... so idk what safety standards and things were like back then... for all I know this could have been recalled after my grandmother got it... lol. Regardless... I still use it and appreciate it... and I'm extremely cautious when I use the lightbulbs.

Next to my desk I have a bigger plastic drawers. All of my plastic drawers are from target btw. The one with my smaller palettes and single shadows is from TJ Maxx but all of these are from target. In the first drawer I just have t shirts. I have... wayy too many t shirts... lol. But yeah. In the 2nd drawer I have my nail polishes and nail care items. I have my nail art pouch in there, I have a few manicure sets and my Amope Pedi Perfect and Amope nail perfect in a little pouch in there. My bottom drawer is my hoarders drawer... lol I have lots of lotions and body washes that I'm not currently using or haven't opened yet. I also have some hand sanitizers.... and a lot of things. I have another box with some shower gels and shaving creams I haven't used yet either... take judgement goggles off... I realize I have a problem and I'm almost on a no-buy... lol.

Then over by my bed I have a couple more drawers with mostly beauty products in them... Kind of like nightstand types of things. Anyway in one I have 3 drawers with all beauty products and then one with mostly beauty products. I could put these closer to my desk... but I kind of like them where they are... so they're staying that way.

So in the first one I have my blushes and highlighters. I have my blushes in a big target beauty box and then my bronzers in a small cardboard case and my highlighters in a separate small cardboard case. And I have some travel brush rolls and rollerballs in here. And I have an older Sephora palette that I got on sale a long time ago in here too...

Then I have a bigger target beauty box in here where I have some larger palettes and some drugstore palettes and face palettes. I have my covergirl palettes in here, my BH Cosmetics Wild and Radiant palette my Elf blush and contour palettes. Just some easy stuff to grab. I also have a little container with lip glosses in it and a brush holder with bigger face brushes. I also have my Too Faced Little Black Book of Bronzers, my Johnson and Johnson baby wash and a back up of my Bareminerals Lash Domination Mascara. And I have an Elf Powder and an Elf Setting Spray in that box also cause theres a little bit of room. In the bottom drawer I have a couple boxes for if my collection grows or I want to change it up or something and then I have some lotions, mini fragrances, aromatherapy spray and things like that. Some Hand Lotion... good  stuff. Ohh and travel sized dry shampoos!

Then in the next drawer I have my hair stuff. I have a hairdryer... which I don't put back in right after I use it because I want to cool it down first a straightener that I haven't used in a while and then some hair products I don't use all the time and a backup of my Ouidad Curl Souffle. And some travel sized shampoos. Then in my next drawer I have a jewelry box and my colourpop shadows and some pigments... I also have a train case that I've been using for samples or back ups of products. I have a back up of my Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream and a dry shampoo from dove and an origins Face mask. I also have some minion playing cards and Rory's Story cubes... which are always fun.

And I have another drawer and on top of it I put shoe boxes that I filled with some Fragrance mists... I'm kind of a hoarder... not gonna lie. I've tried not buying any... I dont really need anymore I'm pretty okay with what I have now... lol. And... yeah. I need to use more up basically. Lol.

So that's my beauty/ makeup collection. It isn't as big as some peoples... but its pretty big for me. Makeup is just a hobby to me so I just like collecting stuff. I get most of it on sale... and its been accumulating since I started college pretty much? Idk if I have any makeup that is that old... but thats when I started with it kind of... so yeah! I'm not trying to brag or anything. I feel like my storage method is a little bit unconventional and crazy... but its a lot more affordable than buying lots of Alex drawers and for me its a little more practical because its easier for me to see things and grab them. It helps me utilize my stuff so that I can actually use products up and get good use out of things. So that is good! If you're like me and have a somewhat smaller collection in a smaller space... this is a good storage.

Hope that was helpful! Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments