Worth it Wednesday Update: Do my Drugstore/ Affordable products match up

So this is going to be a bit of a follow up of what I did last week with talking about my favorite things from the drugstore/ more affordable brands that can stack up to the high end ones. They aren't necessarily dupes but its like they both work well and one is more expensive and one is more affordable... so keep that in mind.

1) Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation- So this isn't a dupe for my high end favorite which is the Too Faced Born This Way... but I feel like this might be a little more full coverage and last a little better. It doesn't really cling to my dry patches unless I'm breaking out from being sick... then it looks bad on... but for the most part this works sooo soo well. I don't love the packaging... but I think Mac Pumps fit with this... so I may get a mac pump and just use that for it... but I don't mind dumping it on my hand because I feel like that helps blend it a little... but I go through a little fast I think... but its nice and affordable so yeah. I'll repurchase this for sure cause I love it! 

2) Maybelline Superstay Better Skin- Definitely not a dupe for the Benefit Erase Paste... but this works well on its own or layered with that. I feel like it would be hard for me to recommend this over the other because I like them both together so much. I feel like if I put this on a blemish it will reduce the redness... so I like it for that. Its also easier to use in a hurry. 

3) Colourpop Eyeshadows- So this is what I would say is close to the equivalent of the Pur Cosmetics Eye Polish... they're both pretty similar. I haven't had the Pur Cosmetics for that long and I haven't used Colourpop in a while... but I would say if you don't tend to use single shadows that often... don't spend the money on the Pur and just buy the colourpop. Both are great and right now if I were to pick one I'd say Pur Cosmetics... but also Colourpop is a whole line that has like a million colors and the Pur Cosmetics only have a few shades right now. So...yeah. Keep it all in mind. I think these are both things easy to finish up also. 

4) Elf HD Powder- This is a lot thicker than the Bareminerals and... idk. You don't really need a fancy powder but I do like the Mineral Veil more. This I think feels more heavy and its very messy on. I would think this would be better for baking... I don't bake... so idk... but this might work. Lol. 

5) Ulta Amped Lashes- I haven't used this in a little bit... I do like the Bareminerals better, and its not that much more expensive. I'll continue to buy this probably more often because its always like buy 2 get 2 free... so you can get 4 for $20 and I like having back ups. I just got the waterproof Amped lashes. I like it a lot... they're comparable. I love them both. 

6) Carli Bybel Palette- So I mentioned Too Faced palettes for Eye Makeup... and this Carli Bybel palette from BH Cosmetics is really really good. Its not made from chocolate or anything and it smells sort of Talc-y... so if you're allergic to Talc or you just don't like it... this isn't for you... but I happen to love the color assortment, its really easy to blend. I feel like all the looks I do look the same... but I would say yes.... this is awesome. This might be the favorite of all the things here. But I really really like it. I've been reaching for it a lot... so yeah. 

8) BH Cosmetics Wild and Radiant Palette- This is amazing. Its very glittery... so I would say pass on this if you want a more subtle glow... but the highlighters and bronzers in this are really amazing and glow-y and beautiful. It will give you quite a glow. My favorite highlighter mentioned in the High End part was Mary Loumanizer... these aren't dupes for that. These are slightly more shimmery dupes for the Becca highlighters... one looks like opal in particular... totally different textures... but I would probably recommend this over Mary Loumanizer. I know Mary Loumanizer breaks a lot... so I think this would be good because its a palette and I think that helps a little bit. Plus this has bronzers too that are nice... so its just a good cheek palette for summer. When I first got this I didn't want to use anything else and I love it.

9) Milani Blushes- I think these are really nice... but my high end pick was the Lorac Unzipped Blush Palette... that comes with 4 blushes and retails for $25 and the Milani Blushes retail for about 8.99 each... and even at BOGO 1/2 off... these would be about $26 if you wanted 4... so if you want more variety, its not a bad value to go for the Lorac one. I haven't used the Lorac ones in a while... but these milani ones are good. Milani is slightly more accessible than Lorac also... so thats something to note also. They're equally great I think

The only thing I can't say there is a drugstore or affordable version I would recommend is the Benefit That Gal. So really... all drugstore or affordable alternatives are quite good instead of the high end things. I also think I mentioned the La Creme lipsticks from Too Faced in the other post and I don't necessarily have an equivalent here... but there are lots of great drugstore lip products out there. I think lip products are okay to splurge on a little bit because... its lipstick. Lol. So I still think all of my recommendations are worth splurging for and trying... but I like most of these drugstore alternatives just as much... so don't totally feel the need to rush out and get all of this expensive make up... Some people prefer drugstore. Some People Prefer High End. Some People prefer luxury... and some people just like make up in general. I love the drugstore and I like high end brands too. I don't think I'll ever try a luxury brand... but I also never thought I'd own a Naked palette... so there is that... lol. Don't judge someone based on what type of brands they buy... just experiment. Find out what you like. If these products were the same prices as high end brands I'd still recommend them for the most part... I don't totally think the Maybelline concealer would be worth $26... don't really think the Elf Powder is worth more than it is... but the rest of these I would say yes. And I don't mean that in a bad way at all... those are just the two where I'd be like "yeah... this is ridiculous."

Byeeee! Hope this was helpful and maybe helped you save a little money!
-Shannon 




Comments