Review: Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Gleam

So I got the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit and I'm writing this sort of "intro" before I actually used it... and I already have some opinions about it... so I'm breaking this down into a few different categories. Lol.

The Packaging 
I like the packaging because of the color scheme. The warmer one has a warmer packaging, this is a cooler one and it has a cooler packaging, so I like that. There is no Mirror... but thats okay. Its nothing special but its a palette of highlighters! It can't get much more fancy than that. Lol. But still.

The Value 
The value is what sort of sold me on this palette. You get 4 full sized highlighters for $40. One Becca Highlighter is about $40... so this seemed like a steal for me. The palette also has a little thing where you can take the pans out, so I'm sure there will be refills of these if you run out or if you think one palette is better for your complexion but still want a color from the other palette. I feel like the other colors are really pretty too and I was like "ohh I might buy these in single form" but honestly... if you see 2 colors that you like its probably a better deal just to buy the full palette.

I'm not sure I would do either right now, and if you just don't like having a lot of excess makeup though... you may just want the individuals anyway if you like 2 colors... but I really don't think you can beat the value of this.

... but that being said it is just 4 highlighters. Not everyone needs 4 highlighters... I mean they are unique, which I'll get to... but I can see people not necessarily wanting 4 highlighters for $10 a pan. It is a good value... but Elf has baked highlighters for $3 and they have 4 of those you could get for $12... so its not like this is the greatest value in the world... but in the world of high end makeup this is kind of a steal.

Color Selection 
I really like the color selection in this also! Both palettes have 4 really unique highlights. I have quite a few highlighters in my collection and I don't think I have anything like any of these.

They're all pretty different from each other as well. Crushed Pearl and starburst are swatching kind of similar... hard candy isn't swatching that pigmented and Mimosa is gold, but they're all going to have a pretty different effect on the face I think. Lol... maybe not maybe this isn't such a good thing. But I think they're all unique from each other to justify buying this palette all together with the pans.

Random 
This smells amazing. There's like a vanilla scent to it... it isn't like the Too Faced Chocolate Bar smell... but there's a scent to it that I think everyone will like. I can't imagine it lingering on the skin at all... but its really nice.

Quality 
So these aren't overly blowy they just give a nice subtle glow. You can see it quite a lot... and it lasts really well.

The most subtle of all is Hard Candy... which I think would be good to mix with Mimosa or something. I wasn't crazy about this on its own, but I ended up liking a lot. One I think was my favorite that I don't think I would have picked up on its own is Starburst. This gives such a beautiful glow. I think the one I would have gotten had this just been sold individually is Crushed Pearl... which I love, but it isn't even my favorite.

Mimosa is great too because I am fair and can't pull off many gold highlights, but I thought this looked really pretty on my fair skin. All of these worked well, and you could mix them together to customize it more for yourself. Its really pretty and probably one of my favorite makeup items that I own.

How To Apply 
So I wouldn't use a fan brush for this. I'd use a smaller setting brush like the Real Techniques setting brush or something like that and just apply it to your cheekbones. When I bought it I think she said don't swirl it... but I wasn't really sure what she meant by that. Lol. I think you can mix them and swirl your brush in them... idk. I guess people were returning it cause they weren't using it right maybe? Also this is highlight, its not like a setting powder or anything like the Ambient Lighting Palette. Its not as disco-ball as the Mary Loumanizer or something... but the highlight you get will be noticeable. Lol.

Who is this for? 
I'd say this palette isn't totally for everyone. I feel like this is more of a makeup junkie/ highlight junkie exclusive thing. If you don't have many highlighters though, even if you just like 2 of these colors I think the value is worth it. Do you need to spend $40 for 4 highlighters... no. There are more affordable palettes with less highlighters or just more of a variety... The Becca Afterglow Illuminating palette looks gorgeous and is around the same price and comes with a few blushes, bronzers and highlighters... so if you want a total face palette I'd say get that... but if you're just into highlighters I think this is a good way to go. If you don't like many of the colors, i'd say just wait till they sell them in singles.


Final Thoughts 
This palette isn't going to change your life or anything... but it makes me really happy and I love using it and I think they did a great job. I didn't get the That Glow palette, but if that palette works better for your skintone, I swatched it and the quality feels the same to me... idk if it applies the same or smells the same... but I can't imagine it not being the exact same. Anastasia was like the first to come out with a contour kit, and I think its cool that they have a glow kit now. I know I'll get more use out of this than I would the contour kit because I don't contour that much... but yeah. I want to try more from Anastasia since this and the Self Made Palette are 2 of my favorite things currently! And I had never tried the brand before.

So if you want this just get it! If you're like "I don't need 4 highlighters...." I'm going to say get it anyway! Lol I just think its awesome and it makes me feel pretty when I wear it. And that is the point right? Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments