Mani Monday: Nails of the week+ Review of OPI New Orleans Collection

So I really liked the nail polish I used this week and I meant to mention it in my Monday Musts... but I accidentally published the Monday Musts too early and I forgot about it... so if you want to read the Monday Musts... you can read them right Here... and here are the 2 nail polish looks I used this week.
Here is Rich Girls and Po Boys on my hand... its chipping a little bit... but I've had it on a few days and its been a rough few days... so that is why. 

here are the Nail Wheel swatches of Show Us Your Tips (left) and Rich Girls and Po Boys (right.) The Rich Girls and Po Boys just glided right on... but Show Us Your Tips was a little messier... and you can tell from the swatch. One coat of Rich Girls and 2 coats of Show Us. The One Coat just looked really sheer and ugly. 

I'm sorry for the bad lighting... but this is my "Spring/Winter" Mani with Wakeup Wisteria from Pixi and Starry Starry Night as the accent nail. I'll try to remember to do it in the sun next time! 


First off in the summer I got a bunch of nail polishes from Target's clearance section and there were a few L'oreal and Pixi... and I don't think I ever used the Pixi, so I decided to use it! I used the shade Wakeup Wisteria, which is a really nice Lavender shade. I'm feeling spring polishes right now... which always happens towards the end of Winter... lol. I love the formula of this! It applied really easily, it was one coat, not streaky and just really great. I really liked this, happy I finally tried it! Its a good polish... so if you see it, get it! Idk if Target still carries these or if Pixi still has them... but I like it.

And I wanted to sort of keep it with a more wintery theme... so I used Essie's Starry Starry Night as my accent nail. This isn't my favorite formula because it chips so easily... but I love the color. It applies nicely and not streaky... its okay. I think its best as an Accent Nail. If you want it, its such a pretty color, so I'd get it while you can. I know people have paid thousands of dollars for it... never do that. It'll come back eventually!

The Pixi polish lasted pretty well. I used the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Topcoat, which I like as long as you aren't doing nail art with black polish.

And then when I was at Ulta I picked up 2 of the OPI New Orleans Nail Polishes and I applied them right away. I got Rich Girls and Po Boys and Show Us Your Tips... which btw WORST NAME EVER! Lol its also kind of the best name ever... but its the worst. Besides Essie's Boom Boom Room... I guess that is the worst name ever... but Show Us Your Tips is kinda close.

Anyway Rich Girls and Po Boys applied so easily! In my haul which is coming soon I said I thought it was going to be as good as Sally Hansen Pacific Blue... its not that good. It took a little while for it to apply evenly on some nails. It wasn't streaky, but there was like a bubble in some of them and I think it was from the polish. It was slightly more annoying than Pacific Blue... but its the best polish I've tried for a while. I've had it on for just a few days and its chipping slightly... but I also kind of bite my nails... so it makes sense.

Its not quite a one coater. I used one coat for the most part and you can see through my nail a little bit... so meh. Idk if I like it as much as the Pixi Polish actually... but it is really nice and I would say pick this one up if you want a blue polish. I used the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel over it also.

Now Show Us Your Tips I applied on my feet... and this isn't very easy to apply on your feet because its a little streaky and this is for sure a 2 or 3 coater. It is really sheer with one coat. I got it to work and I think it'll be pretty good because its OPI and it'll last a while longer without chipping... but its only okay really. I wouldn't recommend this one... but it is a pretty color. I need to try it on my hands... but I still wouldn't recommend. I applied it to a nail wheel before using it and it was really streaky... so I'd say no. I don't regret it... but I'd pass.


Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments