Makeup Investigation: Claims vs. Reality: Bareminerals Lash Domination Mascara

So I thought this would be a fun new thing to do. I love reading the claims of things and really testing different products to see if they add up... because I'm a skeptic. I'm going to be the Dana Scully of these reviews and carefully examine what it does. Even if its a product I love... a lot of the claims for something can be a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. If it claims to be a 10-in-1... 9 of those things can be synonyms for the 1 word... so just because there are lots of claims doesn't mean its doing jack shiz... and that's the truth. Some of this stuff makes me laugh a lot.

Now I'm not bashing this mascara at all... this may be my favorite mascara of all time... I think its worth the price and its something I have repurchased and would recommend.

Buzz-words 
So first off before getting into the 10-in one... the box says its Clinically tested... it probably is. Bareminerals seems to be on that. Volume you can see... okay that makes sense. Checks out, I've been loving looking at pictures of myself with this mascara. And then it says Power you can feel... which makes me giggle. Yes it makes me more confident... but its not making me Batman or anything. Now if there was a mascara that turned me into Batman... sign me up! I'd pay good money for that stuff! Lol.

Brush Design 
So theres a little part next to the 10 big claims that explains the brush to me... so lets investigate that further.

The brush is designed with a curve to "coat lashes from all angles." I'd say that checks out. I do feel like each little lash is getting coated in just one layer.

Then at the bottom its kind of just a regular wand... which I've never noticed... but the claim here says "ergonomic channels load lashes for intense volume." I guess? Yeah I think those little normal parts that aren't spiraled help with that and the separation. Now the bottom... "Powered by nourishing minerals and quinoa protein complex." So I guess thats the formula of the mascara... thats pretty nice. Quinoa is something you can eat... so it makes sense that it can go in your lashes. Lol. Its not like bat poop or anything. So I guess thats good. That's probably why it doesn't bother my eyes. I'm not a mascara scientist in their labs making this... so idk exactly what goes on or what they're putting in... you can never be too sure... but that checks out for me. Thats something I'd want to see on the front instead of on this brush design part cause its not about the brush so much as the mascara formula. If anyone reading this works for Bareminerals... I think thats a major selling point and you should put that on the front!

10 in one... 
So it says it volumizes... that's correct it does.

Lengthens- sure does that too.

Thickens... isn't that just another word for volumizes? Unless it makes your lashes grow, which I don't think it does... I think this is just a synonym.

Separates- yes it does that very well.

Lifts- Absolutely! One of the best mascaras for actually lifting my lashes up and holding a curl.

All Day Wear- more or less... this depends on the day. If he takes you swimming on the first date... this is gonna run. If you cry cause he's really taking you swimming on the first date... its gonna smudge. If you have oily eyelids or allergies... its going to smudge. Its not waterproof. This works well with the Ulta Rain coat... but there's no magical mascara that won't smudge.

Mineral Fortified- already explained that with the quinoa I guess.

Smudge Resistent- another synonym... that I don't really find to be true.

Resist Clumps... synonym for separates really... so points off.

And fights flakes... again if it says all day wear... I would expect it to be flake free. This I would say is flake free more than smudge proof.

So its really I'd say this is more of a 5-in-1. I'm saying Volumizes, Lengthens, Separates, Lifts, and Fights Flakes. I don't think "mineral fortified" is something that should be included in the 10-in-1 because that isn't doing anything for your lashes its just saying that its made from better stuff than other mascaras... so while I like that it doesn't make it a 10-in-1. I guess this is all day wear-able too because it does hold the curl for as long as you're wearing it... but I have sensitive watery eyes and it will smudge on me... so meh for that... but for the most part thats not a bold faced lie or anything its just not the first thing I'd say about any mascara really.

Other Stuff About The Packaging 
This isn't really relevant... but I thought I'd include my thoughts on the overall packaging because thats kind of what I'm looking at. I think its cool that the metal on the lid of the mascara mimics the twist in the wand. I feel like the metal design is really chic and cool... and I like that this box is diamond shaped instead of square shaped. I feel like I forget the names of mascaras a lot... but I remember what they look like and with this packaging you can see the name and what the actual mascara looks like in the tube just by picking up the box... so thats pretty cool. I'm digging this packaging. This is the first time I've had it in its package and I like it.

Alrighty. So this is Special Agent Dana Scully of the Makeup Investigation files signing off with this is a mascara that lives up to a little more than half its claims I think. Not bad.

Byeee!
-Shannon (AKA Dana Scully the Makeup Investigator version though.) Lol.


Comments