Worth It Wednesday: Real Techniques Bold Metals Brushes

So this might not be a great "Review" because really I only have 2 of these brushes... so I don't have the widest range... but during a Buy one Get one Free sale I picked up the Real Techniques Bold Metals Blush Brush and the Bold Metals Contour brush just to see whats up with these. 

So I love Real Techniques as a brand. I think they are probably my favorite brushes from the drugstore. They wash well, they work well and they're just really reliable as a brand. The regular line with the more affordable brushes is definitely my favorite.

And honestly... I think I like the more affordable line better than these. I love the regular Real Techniques Blush Brush I think its amazing... and I just haven't found a blush that really works with this brush. I feel like I don't get a lot of pigment or I get too much pigment... I guess it works well with the Too Faced Love Flush Blushes... I haven't tried it with like the Tarte blushes or anything... but so far I don't love this brush. I think the regular Real Techniques Blush Brush is great, Target's Up and Up Blush brush is great and BH Cosmetics Croc set has a great one too... I just don't think this one is really worth the price. I don't really regret purchasing it... technically it was BOGO Free, so this was the free one, and I'm happy I have it... but its not that special. I don't think I would really recommend it for you guys because its just kind of meh. 

The Contour Brush, on the other hand, I really like. Its just a flat brush that makes it really easy to just contour with. If you like really sharp contours, this one is great. You could blend it with another brush to make it a little more natural looking... which I usually do... but I still really like this. Real Techniques does have a Sculpting Brush in their regular line that I think I like just as much... so idk that this is totally worth it either. I think I've been using this one over the Sculpting Brush... but in reality they both do kind of the same thing and they both do it well... so you don't 100% need both brushes. I think this might get the pigment of the contour a little better... so this might be a little bit better... but either way, the brush in the regular line is really good too and I don't necessarily think I would recommend this brush over that one. 

So are these brushes worth $23-ish dollars... not really. They are nice and they're both gorgeous brushes... but from all the high end and drugstore brushes I've tried these haven't wowed me enough that I think they are that much better than everything else. It might just be me, maybe the blush brush will do much better with other blushes... but I don't think I would recommend spending a lot of money on these. I would just stick to the regular Real Techniques line because they are awesome. If you really want to try them, these aren't bad at all... I'd just wait for a sale, use a coupon wait for them to be BOGO Free. I don't think I'll be buying any more from the Bold Metals collection... maybe if its BOGO Free and I got one set and one eye brush or something cause I'm a little curious about the eye brushes... but overall, not my #1 pick for brushes. Not terrible... but I'd just stick with the regular line. 

So thats just what I happen to think about these. If you love these... let me know how you use that blush brush... maybe its just me... but yeah. Not bad, just not really worth it. 

Hope this was helpful! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments