How To-sday: Valentines Look Brand Focus on Too Faced

So there aren't many high-end brands that I have tried enough to do an entire look on... but Too Faced is definitely one where I have enough and its all the best... so I continue to buy it. So pretty much everything in this look is Too Faced. So yeah! I'll let you know what I think of each of them.



First I used the Hangover Rx Primer. I love this... and I've been neglecting it because I do sort of like the Benefit That Gal Better... but this is great too. Great moisturizing primer. I love it. And then I dotted the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation and sprayed a brush with setting spray and just blended it around a little bit. I love this foundation. Its so nice, pretty full coverage. I haven't used it in a while and I'm like "ohhh." So yeah. Thats good. Lol.

Then I used the Beach Bunny bronzer and just warmed up the face a little bit. Jerrod Blandino said that he created the bronzers because his sister had skin cancer from being out in the sun... and he didn't want anyone to have to get skin cancer so that they could feel bronze and beautiful. I think he said his sister survived and is Cancer free. I think he said it was his sister also... not sure really... but whoever it is is well now. And we have all these beautiful bronzers to protect us... so happy story.

Then I put the Love Flush Blush in Your Love Is King, which is a nice mauve color on. I used a big brush with this, the Real Techniques Multi Tasking brush. This is an amazing blush... but it can look a little crazy with most blush brushes... so you need a big one and tap it off a little so that it won't look so strong on. I'm thinking of getting the Blush Wardrobe also... Its the same thing as why I wanted the bronzer wardrobe... There are a few colors I want to try in the blush line... and getting then individually would be over $50 and the blush palette is under $40... so I'm thinking of getting that. Lol.

Then I used the Snow Bunny Bronzer and I put a small brush on the lighter end of this bronzer to use as a highlight... that wasn't quite strong enough for me though, so I used Colourpop's Smoke n Whistles instead... lol.

I don't know that Too Faced has any concealers... so I used the Maybelline Better Skin. And I powdered with the Bareminerals Mineral Veil powder because I don't have any powders from Too Faced. I also used Maybelline's Setting Spray cause Too Faced doesn't have one yet... but rumor has it they will soon with coconut water!

Then I primed my eyes with the original Shadow Insurance Primer... I've tried this before and didn't love it because it was a little watery... but I think maybe I got a dud or they repackaged this. This came with the Vegas Nay Palette.

Then I went into the Chocolate Bon Bons Palette and I put Caffe Au Lait all over the lids and blended  almond truffle into my crease for transition and deepened it up with Mocha. I took an Elf Flat Eyeshadow brush and I put Molasses Chip on the center of the eye... really loved how that looked. It brought the look together really well. I think I used either malted or Dark Truffle on the outer corner... it was a darker shimmery color... and I think I popped a bit of Satin Sheets on the inner corner. Love this look... good for everyday... but if you want something fancy for Valentines day, I think this would be good. Its not too deep or smokey so its something I think guys wouldn't be scared of. Lol.

For Mascara I used Bareminerals Lash Domination. I have the Too Faced Better Than Sex in a mini sample... but I don't really want to open it just yet. Thats a good mascara... but I like this bare minerals one a little better. I used the Ulta Rain Coat Topcoat over that so if he takes you swimming on the first date... you got it covered. Lol. And I put Colourpop's Get Paid on the waterline for liner.

For my lips I used the Lip Insurance Primer... I'm not sure if this really makes my lips last that much longer... it works but idk if its necessarily worth the price... but it does help a little and it smoothes over the lines on my lips. And I used the Melted Fig lipstick. This color is so pretty and goes really well with the blush.

So I like this look a lot. I would say... all the products are good. I wish the highlight were a tiny bit stronger... I don't love the Better Than Sex Mascara... but it is good. And I love the palettes. I think I like the La Creme lipstick a little more than the Melted... but they're both great. I think the people at too faced are so creative and so fun and their products are even better than the cute packaging. If you want to grab something and feel cute and sexy and confident... too faced is great!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments