Fragrance Friday: Clean Rollerball Layering Set (Warm Cotton, Cashmere, and Skin)

So for Black Friday and around that time, Sephora always has good deals where they have sets of deluxe sized products. One of the ones I was interested in for whatever reason was from the brand Clean. I had never smelled the scents before... but I thought "whatever, its something new and different. I'll try it."

And I'm liking them so far! I think these as rollerballs is really great... not that I wouldn't wear a full size one of these, because I totally would... but idk. I feel like it works really well to throw in your purse and apply whenever.

These are mini sizes, which I like because I tend not to use full sized perfumes... I barely ever use up rollerballs... but this is something I could see myself using up because I've been grabbing for them a lot. My con for this is that its easy to lose or misplace... lol. I would have done this review wayyy sooner, but I honestly had no idea where the products were.

So I think I'm going to break this down a little and talk about each scent individually and then talk about how they layer together. As a whole these are all very natural scents... I feel like they would smell good on anyone to be honest because they smell like real things. Idk if they would all be everyone's cup of tea... but I like them all and think they're great.

Warm Cotton 
I've been using this one the most. Its just a nice, clean everyday scent. It is a very warm scent, so I love it for winter. Its one easy to throw in your purse or your gym bag even. I don't think it would mix badly with sweat... it doesn't completely mask it. It sort of does, if you're sweaty and you put this on, you won't smell sweaty anymore... but its not like that scent is all that you're going to smell. For example, if you put one of the Elizabeth and James scents on (the Nirvana Black Especially) thats what you'll smell like when you enter a room. I think you would have to be pretty close to a person to smell any of these too much. I like that, I don't think that is necessarily for everyone... but I like that about it.

But yeah. This one I think is the most neutral. It doesn't just completely smell like Laundry, which I was kind of afraid of. It reminds me of Victoria Secret Pink's Warm and Cozy, but a little bit more a fresh scent than that. Those would mix together well.

Cashmere 
On its own Cashmere is probably my least favorite scent. It isn't bad at all... its just kind of blah. I feel like this will be better layered. This also seems kind of like it could be unisex. Both this and Warm Cotton I think could work on a man... but this one doesn't necessarily smell girly or manly. I actually checked Sephora's website, I don't think it says that this is unisex, they have a line of colognes also... but if you're a guy and you're at your SO's house and maybe you just want to smell a little better... I don't think this would make you smell girly. I think it'd smell good. Lol.

Really wear whatever you want... but this I think could work for anyone.

Skin 
This is the smell that I immediately liked the best. If you were getting a gift for someone, this would be a pretty safe bet. Its kind of floral-y but its still got a nice fresh scent. I think this will layer very well with other scents and this is very universal. I feel like you should probably get a feel of what that person likes... but if you want to totally surprise someone, this would likely be a safe bet. Its really nice and it smells fresh and girly and pretty.

Layering 
The Layering is a little bit of a gimmick to be honest. It just smells like whichever you put more of with a subtle hint of the other scent in there. It isn't really a fair balance. Its not like the Elizabeth and James Perfumes which smell totally different mixed together. Its not bad, and if you're better at layering you could probably figure it out... but for me I'll probably just use them individually. Cashmere maybe I'll mix just because it isn't really a strong scent. But yeah.

So I don't know if this specific set is available anymore. I know Sephora did have the Black Friday Deals back for a little bit... but I don't think this was included and I don't think any of them are still available. But if you wanted to try any of these scents individually or buy another mini rollerball set, I'd say try it. I really like all of them. I also think when these black friday deals are no longer for sale, they tend to show up as point perks later on... so if you see this as a 100 Point perk I recommend it. Clean is a cruelty free brand I believe... I read that most fragrances do not test on animals... I don't entirely know that for certain... but thats a good thing. It might make a good valentines gift if you know you're girlfriend or boyfriend likes these types of scents. As I said... not really meant to be unisex... but I think they're pretty unisex, and some guys like perfume. These aren't really the most feminine scents other than Skin... but yeah. Its not particularly romantic or feminine... but some people prefer fresh, clean scents and these are great options for Valentines Day if you're looking! A little last minute... lol.

Hope this was helpful!
Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments