Blogmas Day 9: First Impression Friday- New Drugstore Products (Covergirl trunaked palette,Maybelline Push Up Drama, Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation)

So there were a few new drugstore products I wanted to try and some that are new to me, some in new colors... so I did a look using mostly drugstore products... and I'm really loving it.

First I applied the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation, I just used the back of my hand to dispense it, as this has no pump... and I blended it with the Tarte Airbrush Brush which I sprayed with L'oreal Infallible Setting Spray... and that was that. I forgot to use a primer... but I really like the way it looks on. Its a little dewy but not too dewy and it didn't cling to any dry spots or anything... so far this may be my new favorite...

I didn't know what I wanted to do with the rest of my face so I moved onto my eyes. I primed with Elf's Smudgepot in Cruisn Chic. This is a nice color, but it is a lot lighter than the color in brownie points. Idk if this would show up on its own... so thats kind of a bummer.

Then I went in with the Covergirl Goldens palette... which is absolutely awesome! Very pigmented, blend-able. Easy to use... so far my favorite of the drugstore Palette Launches. I used the golden shade that is the 4th in the palette first all over the lid. Then I used the bronzier color that is 2 to the right of that shade on the outer corner and I used the brown shade to the left of that first gold color for the crease. For the inner corner I used the champagne-y shade that is the 2nd in the palette and I used the first color for the browbone. I lined my Waterline with Nyx Slide on Glide on Eyeliner in Golden Bronze and then I used the Maybelline Push Up Drama Mascara for my lashes... and I love this! It really made my lashes look nice and big, I haven't tried a Maybelline Mascara in a while... but this was a total winner. Since Mascaras that are not cruelty free tend to bother my eyes I topped it with Ulta's Rain Coat top Coat... and that was it for the eyes.

Back to the face, I went into the Too Faced Little Black Book of Bronzers and I used snow bunny sort of swirled together on the hollows of my cheeks and I used Pink Leopard as a blush and I went in with the lighter shades in Snow Bunny as my highlight.

I used Maybelline's Touch Of Spice on my lips and then sprayed with L'oreal's infallible setting spray!

So now I will kind of try to do check ins... so far... idk how the Covergirl Shadows are going to wear... the foundation looks a little light on me, but the one that was a shade up from this looked a little too warm toned... so idk... It's a pretty good match, but I look really pale... lol. The mascara is awesome,,, and... yeah. The Lipstick I like a lot too!

Pics from Beginning of Day:


PSA... Always wear a Seatbelt 


Check in 1: So the picture I have I've had the makeup on for an hour or so and it looked pretty much the same. I think the Covergirl shadows might have faded a tiny bit... but overall I'm impressed with them. I think if you're going to go to the regular drugstore and pick up one palette... go for these! These are so good. I don't think I like it as much as the Makeup Revolution (which is cheaper) but I loveee this! Actually the gold color didn't really fade at all. The inner corner one didn't fade at all, and the crease and outer corner... but I'm not complaining! This is really good.

The foundation I like too... I could have used a primer and I think this is one that will be better with a sponge. It doesn't really look heavy on every part of my face... on some parts its kind of heavy looking... like my chin looks a little weird, I feel like it makes any hair I have on my face look a little bad... but that I probably need to tweeze anyway... lol. But its pretty good. It feels heavy on... but it just looks like a regular full  coverage foundation. It looks better than the L'oreal one on me... I'd say it even looks better than the Maybelline on me. I feel like this could work for a lot of different skin tones. Super impressed for this with no primer... might even prefer it to the too faced born this way.

The mascara held up nicely too... I should mention that I've had these shades on since 12 I believe and its about 3 now... it hasn't been the easiest day though... I had a really bad case of the hiccups while at target, and then we stopped at starbucks to help my hiccups... and that did help a little bit, but I needed to drink carefully, just in case... and I started choking.... and my eyes were watering and it all held up good. It didn't smudge or anything. I was careful not to rub my eyes... but still. Pretty good!

And its not really a first impression of the lipstick because I've tried the formula before, but its lasting really well without primer. It transferred on my coffee, but there's still color there! I love this color too... upset I didn't try it before!

Check in #2: 
Pics later in the day... 

Held up well! I'm happy! 

Its 4:45 now... haven't done much and nothing has really changed. My lipstick is probably completely off and I may change it... I just got some things I ordered on December 1st from Target, they had a sale on their beauty items... so I picked up the Elf Mad for Matte lipstick set and the Mix and Mingle set... so I have some of their X-tra Glosses and their Matte Lipsticks... idk. Maybe I won't try them just yet because I'm about to go out to eat... but these seem good too.

I will check in again after pizza!

Check in #3 
I wanted to do a 3rd and fourth check in... but I kind of forgot. It lasted through dinner, didn't have pizza though, I had lasagna with vodka sauce and chicken... it was amazing. I wish I had leftovers... but I ate the whole thing. And tiramisu for dessert.

The foundation was breaking up around my chin. It could be avoided by powder or primer. It stayed nice pretty much through the rest of my face... so I ended up liking it. I need to do a full review of this though because... this was really just a first impression, and I didn't even do all the things I'd normally do like prime and use powder... which I'm not very good at anyway... lol. But besides the point... it looked good. I was happy. My bronzers were still showing up at the end of the day, which is a good sign that the foundation is good. It was nice! I think it stayed on after showering also. It was good!

The eye makeup also lasted really good throughout the day. Pretty much the whole eyeshadow look did. The gold was very vibrant at the end of the day, and the crease and outer corner colors faded a little, but they did still show up pretty nicely! Same with the mascara. It was really really nice. I was really skeptical about it... it didn't even really bother my eyes... and I would totally repurchase this. I didn't curl my lashes, but they looked curled already and just nice. This mascara is just super nice. And it all lasted after the shower.

So all in all... I'd recommend all these products! They were all pretty nice! I need to play with the foundation a little bit more and give a fuller review of that... but everything else I can tell you right now works great! I'm really excited about this cover girl palette! I might even pick up the Nudes one also. The thing with these are that they are almost exact dupes for the Naked 1, 2, and 3... so the Roses is a dupe for the 3 and I have the 3... so I might pass on that. The Nudes was a dupe for the 2 and this one was a dupe for Naked 1. If you have those in your collection, these aren't incredibly unique... but these are good quality if you're looking for a good drugstore palette or a cheaper alternative.

Hope you guys found this useful! Let me know if you're picking up any of these cover girl palettes!

Byeeeee!
-Shannon


Comments