Blogmas day 7: Monday Musts Makeup Look

So here's a new little thing. I'm going to talk about my Monday Musts and do a look with them so that you can see them in action, all together and understand why I like them!




1) Smashbox BB Cream- So I've been going for a more natural look, following the Victoria Secret Fashion Show, this has been my fave. Rediscovered... I've had it for quite a while and I just started using it again and its really great for all skin types I think. Its pretty nice coverage for a BB Cream, it looks nice and has kind of a satin finish. It sometimes clings to my dry patches... but it hasn't been.

So I just like to take a brush, I'm using my Real Techiques Expert face brush (for the first time), spraying it with setting spray and then blending this all over my face. Then I'll take Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Concealer and put those under my eyes... and now onto the second favorite.

2) Too Faced Bronze-buki Brush- I love this retractable brush! Its so easy to control how much bronzer you put on, make sure it gets in the hollows of your cheeks and make sure that you bled it out with this brush! I love it!

So I'm going to just put it down a little bit so that its a nice round brush and then dip it into my #3...

3) Too Faced Little Black Book of Bronzers- So this whole bronzer palette has been a favorite of mine. So far I love all of these bronzers for different reasons. Idk if I can pick a favorite right now, but this week I think my favorite has been Sun Bunny. So I'm just going to warm my face up with that. I'll put it on the hollows of my cheeks and forehead... and just blend until we're ready for...

4) Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle- I have the shade Watermelon Moonstone and I love this. Its easy to apply, it looks nice and natural and theres a glow to it with the highlight in there... it is just awesome. I need to try the Moonstone Shimmering Skin Perfector because I don't have that.

So I'm just going to apply this with my fingers and blend it out with my hand. If it gets too heavy a stipple brush works well. Then I'll go back in the Little Black Book of Bronzers and go into the Snow Bunny bronzer and take...

5) Small Blush Brush from Up and Up Complexion Set- It is no secret that Target's up and up brand is awesome... but this little blush brush is so good for highlight! Especially for this bronzer palette. I just take this brush and dip it into the pink and champagney shades of Snow Bunny and use that as a highlight.

And then I'll powder with the Elf HD Powder and my Real Techniques powder brush... which are currently BOGO Free at Harmon/ Bed Bath and Beyond... so yeah. If you're wondering where these new brushes are from... thats where. And I'll set with the L'oreal Infallible Setting Spray.

Now to Eyes! I'm going to prime with the Urban Decay Primer Potion and then go into the Gilded shade of the Lorac Pro Metal palette. Then I will take the...

6) Too Faced Natural Matte Palette- Good week for too faced right. I love this little palette. The shades blend really well. I like using it on its own too... today I just wanted to try that gold shade because I've never tried it before... so I'll use this palette for the crease and browbone.

And the shadows I'll use for that are Nudie as a transition color in the crease and then I'll darken that up a little with Chocolate cookie and I will put Strapless on the outer corner of the eye. I'll highlight my browbone with Lace Teddy and then I will use Quartz from the Lorac Pro Metal Palette in the inner corner.

Then I will line my eyes with the...

7) Nyx Slide on Glide on Pencil- These are awesome, awesome liners. Rumor has it... these are made exactly the same as the Urban Decay 24/7 liners. I'm using the shade Gilded Gold for my waterline. Then I'm going to curl my lashes and use the Ulta Amped Lashes and the Rain Coat Topcoat. Not really a weekly favorite... I tried a new mascara that I absolutely loved... but this one is still my favorite and I have a first impression on the other one coming soon! Friday to be exact!

Then I'm going to use my Too Faced lip insurance primer and put on my last favorite...

8) Maybelline Creamy Matte lipstick- So I'll talk about my new favorite on friday... I got a few new shades... but I'm going to use Touch Of Spice... which I'm also putting in a first impression on friday! So this is a preview before the first impression of my 2nd impression which is that I like the color a lot! Already knew I liked the formula, but the color could have gone either way.

Byeeee!
-Shannon

P.S Actually... after applying the BB Cream, it looked super super cakey on. So I took it off... and that why I didn't love this BB Cream in the first place. Lol. I swear it looked super nice when I had it on this week! Maybe the powder, maybe the brush was different, maybe it expired within a matter of days... lol. Not sure. It doesn't match that well either cause I got it in a kit. It matches okay, its just a little more yellow toned than i am... which kind of sucks. So Idk if this is something I would 100% recommend the way I did at the beginning tbh. It did work for me super super well this week... but idk, it just didn't work for me this time.


The pics I do have it on and I think it looks okay. The Lighting is terrible though, sorry. Lol. I do think this is a good New Years look.






Comments