First Impression Friday: Christmas Makeup

Heyyy everyone! I didn't feel like doing a whole "Christmas Makeup" type of thing... but I thought it might be good to give a first impression on some of the stuff I used and how I liked it and whatnot... so yeah!

First off the LOC One N Done Eyeshadows... these are awesome. Its really easy to apply. I used the shade Impress Me as a primer... and I could have just used this and have been done. I really liked the pigmentation, it went on really easily and it was really nice.

Then I used the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette. I liked this a lot! It reminds me of the Lorac Unzipped palettes in the color selection... and the texture of these are great also! Its big, it has a nice mirror. The mattes in this were really great and the shimmers were even better. A lot of the colors are kind of similar... but its a good palette and I was super impressed. Everything blended well and it was a quick eye look and it worked. So far there's been no fallout either.

I used the Colourpop Cream Gel Liner also. I forget the color I got but it was kind of rose gold... I feel like this might be the best liner ever... I kind of like it better than the Nyx Slide on Glide on... It's better than the Stila. I don't know how long wearing it is... but it was the easiest thing to apply ever and I'm super impressed with it.

For my face I used the Too Faced Love Flush Blush... I think I have the color Love Hangover... I'm not sure its one that goes with Melted Fig... I like this. Its super pigmented and I don't think I blended it that well cause I was in a hurry... but the pigmentation is more than I was expecting. Lol. I feel like I used a bit too much.

And for Highlight I used the BH Cosmetics Wild and Radiant palette... this palette comes with like 2 bronzers and 2 highlights... and it is awesome! The one I used is the one that is supposed to be a dupe for Becca's Opal... idk if its a dupe... but its good. I may actually like it a little better than Becca. Its nice.Very very pigmented... so you're gonna strobe... but this is awesome. Its worth the $8 for that color alone. The other colors are a little deep and dark... so idk how much I'll use them for cheeks. I'd totally use it for eyeshadow though. It looks nice!

For my lips I used Colourpop's Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Sollow... Didn't love this one. It didn't really apply that well, it kind of accentuates the lines on my lips... I tried taking it off but it didn't want to... I blotted it and tried to make it work... hopefully the other colors I got work better cause this just didn't do it for me... lol.

And I used some brushes from BH Cosmetics and I liked them. I got the Croc set, which is $9 on the site and I'm like "this could be amazing and its $9 so... I should get it... and it kind of is amazing. Lol. I used the powder brush for my blush... I don't know if it got too much pigmentation, I think it might have... but it was nice.The Concealer brush was good... slightly streaky but it worked. I think they call them shader and concealer brushes and there is a large and a small... I used the small for my eyes and the large for the concealer. They were both really good. The pouch is really nice too. I highly recommend all the things I got from BH.

So yeah... overall pretty good. Didn't love the liquid lipstick... but yeah. I don't totally love the way my makeup turned out. I like my eyeshadow... but the blush and highlight are kinda strong... so I'll update... but yeah. Lol. Not terrible... but I liked last nights look better.

Ohhh and I'm wearing one of the Soap and Glory sprays in Mist you Madly and I really like the scent. These smell pretty good!

Byeee! Merry Christmas!
-Shannon

Comments