Mystery Box Unboxings! Too Faced Mystery Grab Bag and Target Beauty Box!

So this is an exciting post! I got the Too Faced Mystery Bag for Cyber Monday, I made sure I was up really early so that I could get it because I love Too Faced and Mystery bags are just fun. And the Target one was a little weirder. They do their beauty boxes from time to time and I woke up early just to see if any sales were going on... and then I saw this, so I snatched it up with a gift card! Lol. Both exciting... I sort of knew what was in both before unboxing... but it was still exciting to get and play with!

Too Faced 
So the Too Faced bag came first! It was nicely packaged so that you couldn't see what was in there when you first opened the box... which always makes it exciting.

So we got a deluxe sample of the Better Than Sex Mascara. I've had samples of this before and I really like it. I don't love spending that much money on mascaras because I do love my Ulta Amped Lashes... but this is good. Its cruelty free and it doesn't bother my eyes... and I really like it! This retails for $12 I believe.

Next there was a brush, which is cool because I've never owned a too faced brush before. This is a bronze-buki brush, so I guess its meant for bronzer and its retractable which I love. Its sort of like a stipple brush... which are useful for tons of things. It feels a lot softer than the Tarte stipple brush from their set, and I feel like its very similar. The packaging is also adorable. This is $34

Then the Melted Liquified Lipstick in Melted Rainbow... this is a pretty color and its exclusive for VIB Rouge's as far as I know... so this is a cool little exclusive. This was a little too liquified I think. I feel like it actually did melt. The formula wasn't the same as the others, it took a few clicks to make this less liquidy. I feel like it'll look a little better over time. Maybe I'll put it near my window in the cold to make it a little better... idk. These retail for $21.

Next up is the Soul Mates bronzer in the shade Ross and Rachel. I was so going to get this when it first came out mostly for the name... I know. Lol. It looks like its a pretty bronzer and the packaging is adorable... so I will have to use it and update! I also got the Little book of Bronzers... so I kind of have a lot of bronzers right now. Lol. It swatched nicely and it felt creamy and nice. I love the name Ross and Rachel. I love friends, I hope they do more of these types of names based on tv shows and things... lol. This originally retailed for $34 now its on sale for $30... and you can get it at nordstrom rack or on haute look for a lot less.

And last but definitely not least... the Rock and Roll Palette! I was really impressed with the swatches of this. I had heard some kinda mixed reviews but based on the swatches it looks awesome! Its also totally out of my comfort zone but I feel like I need these types of shadows in my life. I have a lot of neutrals and a lot of mattes, but I don't really have any total rockstar smokey palettes like this. I'm really excited to use this and add it to my too faced collection... which is ever expanding... lol. This retails for $36... I'm thinking this will be on sale for less than that soon though. They released this at the same time as the Country palette and the Cat eyes palette. It looks pretty similar to the Cat Eyes Palette I'd say... but I really like it! I think there are more greens in this, which has been my jam recently. Lol.

So that was a good value... about $137 and I paid $39 for it... that was pretty good!

Target 
Alrighty first thing's first here... we got some Goody Ouchless Sweat Stretch Elastics. These are in pink blue and purple. If I'm on the fence about buying one of these boxes and I see it comes with hair ties... I usually end up getting it, just because I always need hair ties! This was $10 and it only came with $3... so this wouldn't have totally set me to get them... but its a nice bonus.

Next the Maybelline Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara. I love trying new mascaras. I prefer Cruelty Free brands... but I still like getting samples of these or getting full sized versions in boxes just because I like reviewing them. I like The Falsies Flared mascara and this wand looks interesting... so I will try it out in the near future!

The Pacifica Love 3 (but its 3 as in cubed. Like Love cubed... lol.) eyeshadow trio. The colors in here are Ethereal, Lovely and Dreamy. These didn't swatch that great, but I'll still try them out and update you on them. I've always wanted to try Pacifica shadows but they're so expensive. Its nice though, very natural. Pacifica is a cruelty free brand, which I like a lot!

I have another make up thing... but that is the most exciting part I think, so I'll wait till last to do that and go with the skincare stuff now! I have the Cerave Eye Repair Cream. I don't really have any eye repair creams or anything. I don't have big under eye circles or anything, and usually these can be pretty expensive... so I'm excited to try a drugstore one! I'll let  you know how it is! I don't think this is full sized... but it is a generous amount for an eye cream... so thats good!

Next is the Laneige water Bank moisture cream... which is a nice moisturizer I guess. I've heard about Laniege before, it smells familiar... I think it smells like something from Sheseido that I used to use and love. I think this is a full size too its a pretty big tub.

And we got another full sized moisturizer too I think. The Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream. This has anti aging benefits to it, so this blurs fine lines and rejuvenates dry skin. Which is cool. I know this is expensive, so that's a really cool thing to get in the box!

And we got the Hair Food Dry Shampoo... I love Dry Shampoo. I think this is a sample size, but its a lot bigger than the ones in that set I got from sephora, so that is good. I just sprayed it and I didn't notice a whitecast, I didn't notice a ton more volume or anything, but it was definitely there and it smells absolutely amazing... so this might be one I try again! It has a kiwi scent to it, which I loveee!

And then last but not least... A Covergirl Lipstick From the Star Wars collection! Plus its in a pretty red sparkly shade that I love!!! Idk the name of it, I don't see it anywhere on the package... which is suspicious, but I love it! Cannot wait to use it. I'm so excited for the new Star Wars movie, I'm such a big fan of Star Wars and Make up... that I'm happy for the combo of both! The color of the lipstick on the website when I used it was not something wearable, so I was just going to keep it as a collectable, but I'll actually use this one! And I'm excited for it! So its doubly good!

So all in all...2 great boxes! Happy I got both of them! I'm equally excited about both of them. The Too Faced stuff I know is just sort of stuff they're sort of trying to get rid of... but it was still good stuff! I've created nice looks with them and I really like the palette and the bronzer. The Target box is good because its pretty much all new stuff... plus its a lot of full sized drugstore stuff, so its east to get ahold of other colors or full sizes if you need them. Plus there is a coupon for $3 off beauty... which is very specific. It only works on Makeup I believe. I think I tried using it with hair and skincare and it didn't work... let me double check this one... Okay $3 off $15 hair, skin or cosmetics purchase. I remember now, I tried to use it with razor blades and it didn't work for that... which is stupid. That's skin care. But... I might just get a bunch of elf stuff or something and then get something for free. Lol. Cause I like Elf and $3 off is pretty good!

The Too Faced box came with a coupon for 25% off as well. I believe all purchases now come with a 25% off coupon that starts in January...so that's good! I will probably use that since I love me some Too Faced! Lol.

Comments