Review: Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

So I did a first impression of this already, but I wanted to do a fuller review on it too. I think both kind of show different things.

Packaging 
Just because I feel like this is somewhat of a factor, if something had horrible packaging, I wouldn't buy it. I love the packaging of this. It is glass, which is heavy and breakable... but its adorable. It has a pump, which is amazing... and you can see the product on the inside, so you get a good idea of the color.

The box is adorable too, Too Faced always has the cutest boxes. I never like getting rid of them... but I do. Lol.


Application 

I haven't used this with a sponge just yet because, I've really been liking face brushes lately. I just bought a Tarte brush set, I did a blog recently on the Target Up and Up brush... I've just been on a brush kick lately. They're easier to clean than sponges and when they're good brushes, I prefer them a little bit.

And it applies really nicely too. Its nice and even, there's no streakiness to it. It doesn't just sit on the skin or look heavy or anything. It just looks really nice and its pretty full coverage to me. It covers my pores really nicely and any imperfections. Its just a nice dewy finish almost. Maybe its a little more satin... but I think it looks kind of dewy on me mostly. Its really pretty though, it isn't very oily. It sometimes looks a little oily on my chin, I don't always powder and this did look good when I did powder it and... that's just something I would recommend. It doesn't look cakey with powder either. Its just nice.

And I already kind of went over the lasting power, it does last pretty long... I've used it where I get a little oily, but it doesn't just slide off. The foundation still stays on nicely and lasts a long time.

Its also pretty easy to go on. I don't see it only working with one specific primer or if its mixed with something or other... its just kind of the coverage that I like and I like the finish of it.

The color selection is pretty nice too. They started out with quite a bit and they've recently added quite a bit more. I believe online it didn't have the shade that I got, Porcelin, in store... but I think this is a good one.

And this is something where, it might not be everyone's favorite foundation... but this is kind of everything I would personally want or like in a foundation... so its everything I've been looking for and I've finally found it. It really is like searching for the Holy Grail when you find something that does everything you want it to do... idk if this is HG status yet... but it is my current favorite.

And that's it! Hope you guys like this. I will likely keep repurchasing this foundation because this is just everything I've ever wanted in a foundation... and now I kind of tend to stick to my favorites instead of using a ton of different things.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments