Monday Musts: 11/30+ 12/7

So... I decided to do a double weekly favorites this week... I didn't want to put my weekly favorites with my monthly favorites... but I still have favorites from 11/30..

So... 11/30 

1) Maybelline Matte Lipstick in Rich Ruby- This is a gorgeous matte red color. I used this for an All Maybelline look that will actually be up tomorrow... so look for that! It lasted a long time too, I didn't wear this on its own, I used a lipliner and Too Faced's Lip Insurance primer, this is a great color though and I really recommend this, especially around the holidays.

2) Maybelline The Nudes Palette- Another favorite from the Maybelline look! I don't use this palette often, and I know it gets bad reviews... but I happen to love it. You can get some really nice holiday looks from this palette... which I will show!

3) Makeup Revolution Romantic Smokey Palette- Good week for some drugstore palettes I guess! I really love this palette, I think the mattes are really great. I did a drugstore Thanksgiving look with this that I really really liked. I want to pick up some more of these palettes just because they're great quality. They're dupes for other palettes mostly... but the quality of these are possibly better than Urban Decay's even... I really like it. It's only $7. Very very pigmented and this palette is really unique and beautiful.

4) Lorac Unzipped Gold Palette- Another Palette! Lol. This was a week for using palettes I guess. This was what I used on Thanksgiving itself and I absolutely loved it. The look was just really pretty and gold and thanksgiving-y. I really liked this and I would recommend it!

5) Too Faced Melted Fig Lipstick- Wore this on Thanksgiving and I love it! I love these melted lipsticks, this color is such a nice color for fall and just one of my favorite lipsticks... I'd venture to say. These are long wearing... didn't quite last me through dinner, although I did use the Lip Insurance primer and...

6) Essence Lipliner in Soft Berry- I feel like I can't stop talking about these Essence Lip Liners! They're so creamy and pigmented, you could totally wear them on their own and they just look awesome. This color goes well with Melted Fig... but I almost just wore it on its own with the Lip Insurance Primer. It was good. Really nice and pretty.

7) Bath and Body Works Wrapped In Comfort- I'm in love with this scent! Its so warm and I like the almond scent... almond is my favorite scent... but its also got a woodsy warm scent to it that I just like. I feel like this could be kind of unisex... maybe not the fragrance mist... but the shower gel I think a man could use and like. Its really nice and one of my favorite Bath and Body Works scents ever.

Week of 12/7 
1) Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Mask- So I'm going to have a first impression of this soon, with more of an update because I've only used this once at this point... but it is awesome. Its a good exfoliating mask, but it isn't dry on my very sensitive chin, so I really like that. I got it in a mini set with a few others and I really like it!

2) L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation- This is a very full coverage foundation that I like but sometimes it doesn't work with my dry skin. I tried it this week as a way to sort of test how that Origins mask worked, and I was quite pleased. I mixed it with the Tarte Maricuja Oil and it just worked really well. I've tried it like that before, but I also used a beauty blender and a setting spray not thinking that Oil and water don't mix. So this worked well just with the oil. I really like it!

3) Tarte Maricuja Oil- In addition to wearing this as a moisturizer, I also use it to mix with the L'oreal Pro Matte foundation! I just talked about it! I've been liking it!

4) Lorac Pro Metal Eyeshadow Palette + Too Faced Natural Matte Eyes- So these two work well together or separate. I just got these this week. I've only worn them once so far, but overall the quality is good and they're nice more affordable high end palettes. I know the Pro Metal was limited edition, I'm sure it'll pop up at Hautelook and places like that, so keep an eye out... but I think its well worth it and the Too Faced one I probably like a little better if you had to pick one. They both blend like a dream and its pretty easy to come up with looks with it. I didn't know if I'd use the Pro Metal a ton... but I feel more inspired by that than a lot of other palettes. I feel like it looks intimidating online... but in person its just so nice and easy.

I feel like Too Faced has amazing mattes, Lorac has amazing shimmers. Together they are a dream! So... yeah! The Lorac I thought might not be the best quality... I was a little hesitant to even buy it... but it is the same quality as the Pro Shadows... and I just really enjoy it.


5) Nyx Slide on Glide on Pencil in Golden Bronze- I feel like this looks really pretty with brown eyes. It makes them look really deep and brown... but I also think this is just a pretty color and it goes with a lot of the looks I've been doing lately. I used this with a matte eye look and I really liked that. Having all matte eyes and then a shimmery liner... so pretty. And these are like the longest wearing and easiest thing to put on too! I don't think I'll ever buy an expensive liner, I'm not the biggest Liner person... but these are what I will continue to purchase! It might be the holy grail liner formula... its pretty fantastic!


6) Giant handbag from Target- This is random but last year I got this really big handbag from target and I Loved it. I was so happy... then it started to lose its shape a little and parts of it were scuffing... and I was like "for $40 at Target... this wasn't really worth it." And I still think that. I love target, I love the Mossimo brand... but this just isn't worth $40. Either way, I've been using it because its a good bag to shop with and bring coupons, put bags in and stuff like that. Plus its good for winter because there is plenty of room for gloves or a scarf... not that its actually cold here yet, but still. I don't know if this is still available... but if you're looking for a new bag and you have Target gift cards or discounts or something, this is definitely worth it. Maybe not worth $40... but its a good bag. It's handy.

7) Alex and Ani Necklace- I mentioned this in my black friday haul, but I recently got the Crystal Infusion necklace from Alex and Ani and I love it. Its so pretty and its easy to wear. I don't have charms for it yet... but I will someday and it'll be good.

I also got the compass ring and I really like that too. Its just nice to wear these rings and stack them and things like that. I wear it with my college graduation ring... and yeah. I can't wait to show these in OOTD posts! And to get charms will be fun!

Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments