December 2015 Favorites

So this is exciting! I bought a lot this month... not even going to sugar coat it a little bit... I bought a lot... and I've used a lot of different stuff too...so lets just get into it! 

This was a pretty big month for little palettes. I'm going to mention 3 little palettes... One I'm not sure if you can still get... but if you can, its good. I'll start off with that, the Lorac Pro Metal Palette. I just kind of ordered this as an impulse buy. I was ordering some things for my friends on Cyber Monday and this was on sale and I was like "what the heck. Why not." Its a little bit more powdery than the regular Lorac Pro shades... so if you think those are powdery, you're not gonna like the pro metal. I still like it, I'm good working with it and I just love Lorac shadows. I didn't really get that this would be so good to come up with looks with... but I looked at it and I was like "ohhh that shade goes with that shade and I can use that with that." Its just very easy. You can do neutral looks, or colorful looks or smokey looks and it really shows how much you can do with a tiny palette. 

And to go with that I've also been loving the Too Faced Natural Matte Palette. I'll probably have a look combining the both of them because I was going to do that for blogmas, but I never got the pictures... but I loved the look, so I wrote it and I'll re-create it! It's easy to do and a good going- out look. This is also good on its own though. This is really good for a quick, natural look because it just always comes out looking good. You can combine it with a shimmery shadow or use it on its own and its just amazing. I love Too Faced's matte shadows and this is just the best of them I feel like. So this is really amazing. This would be good for beginners or someone that just likes natural looks. I love it. 

Then the Covergirl Trunaked Goldens palette. I've been super impressed by these Covergirl Palettes. I actually got the Nudes one also... but the Goldens has been what I've been gravitating towards. I'd recommend both...  both are good quality, but I think the Goldens is easier for me to do looks with. They last pretty well on the eyes and they're easy to blend and so far my favorites from the drugstore. The it has mattes and shimmers and both are really nice and pigmented. I like them a lot! 

I tried the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation and I've been using it a lot also. It looks best applied with a beauty blender if you have dry skin. I have dry skin and I got sick and my skin got even worse and then it looked even worse on me. So that wasn't fun. But you do get a better idea of how to use something to make it work for you and this worked for me with a beauty blender. Not a real Beauty Blender, but the Real Techniques one. Lol. But yeah. This is really good, really full coverage and nice and I just liked it a lot. 

Another good drugstore find the Milani baked blushes. I got Luminoso and Berry Amore. I've been liking Berry Amore a little bit better, but they are both really good. The formula is just really nice, it doesn't look really powdery on the face either. It doesn't look like a powder blush, but if you like blushes but don't like powdery-looking things, I think this will work out really well. I just like it. I feel like I haven't used it a ton... but when I have I've just liked it a lot. 

The Too Faced Little Black Book of Bronzers was another favorite of the month. I tend to use cheek products a little more in palettes than in regular form... so this made sense for me to get... especially with it being on such a good sale. I've been having a lot of fun using this and it's been a really great palette to play with and have fun with. I like it a lot. 

I've been using the Pixi Glow Tonic. This has been available on Pixi's website for a long time, but now they're selling a smaller size in Target. I think its made my skin a little glowier than usual. I think it looks nicer since I've started using it... and ultimately I just like it. Maybe its making a difference, maybe it isn't... but I really feel like its been doing a good job of completely removing my make up and exfoliating a little better. I use this on an exfoliating cotton round and I think its good. The Pixi Glow Mist also. All good. 

And I've been impressed with the Maybelline Push Up Mascara... I do have some discomfort with it because it isn't a cruelty free mascara, and for whatever reason those tend to bother me... but I really like the way it looks and volumizes. I'm glad I tried it out in the Wall Mart Beauty Box... but idk if I'd highly recommend it because there is something weird in those types of mascaras that bothers me and makes my oily eyelids a little worse. So...yeah. 

I've been using and liking a few different hair things too. I've been using the Purology Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner. They use this mixed with the regular pureology at my salon, so I wanted to give the sample one a try... and I like it. It did a good job of making my hair look nice and soft. I feel like it looks better than when I use the L'oreal shampoo and conditioner... does that make me want to use an expensive shampoo over a cheap one from L'oreal... not really. Lol. But its good. And I probably will repurchase at some point in my life. 

I've also been using the Amika Dry Shampoo... Similar feeling. I like it more than regular dry shampoos... but idk if that makes me want to pay $25 for it. I got this in the Sephora Favorites Dry Shampoo set. 

I think that is everything. There's a lot more that I've been loving too... but I haven't used them quite enough to be a favorite. So The Balm of Your Hand palette will get a mention I'm sure... as will a few other palettes I've recently tried... but thats it for right now! 

Byeeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments