2015 Make Up Favorites

So... here we go! The best beauty products of 2015! Cannot believe its here already! This might be a long post... but I'm going to break it down quite a bit and do different categories. I'm just going to stick to makeup in this post... I may do skincare later, but I pretty much always use the same things. What I think I'll do is post one high end and one drugstore favorite in each category... and I may mention some honorable mentions as well... idk.

Foundation 
High End: Too Faced Born This Way Foundation- I love this foundation! It just looks so pretty and natural, but it still gives a good coverage. The packaging is amazing, and this just lasted a long time on me. It can make you a little greasy if you have oily skin. I have dry skin, its pretty amazing. I feel like I'm just going to keep on saying "its amazing you need to buy it." But it kinda is. I have felt more confident with my makeup since I've started using it, and thats a lot.

Drugstore: Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin- This one is similar to the Too Faced Born This Way. I originally got this because of that and I didn't really want to try the Too Faced one yet... but I obviously did. Lol. This is good. I think this one doesn't last quite as long, and looking at old photos, this one did make me a little greasy... but it didn't really cling to dry patches and it was just good overall. I was happy with this.

Honorable Mention: L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte- If you want a super full coverage, super matte foundation... this is definitely it! Its a really great drugstore face option. No SPF... but this one is a little too drying for me. If you have more oily skin, this may be for you... but mine is more dry... so this is trickier.

Concealer 
High End: Benefit Erase Paste- I was really picky with concealers. I had stopped buying them because I just think most of them do absolutely nothing. This one did it for me. It was everything I wanted it to be. It made my under eyes look good, if I had a blemish this would do a good job at masking that too. It really blurred any fine lines... and its awesome. I love this stuff.

Drugstore: Maybelline Superstay Better Skin- Taking home another prize for the Maybelline Superstay line is this concealer. Which is really light, and doesn't seem like it would do much... but it really does! I like wearing this with the benefit erase paste, which is kind of a corrector. I also like wearing this on its own. Its light enough that it works well with something else. I also do think the Better Skin claims to this are accurate. Whenever I put this on a blemish, the redness actually does  go down and it looks better.  This is awesome.

Undereye Setting Powder: This is kind of an honorable mention cause really I only have one... but the Elf HD Undereye powder is awesome.

Powders
High End: Bareminerals Mineral Veil- This powder just kind of acts like photoshop. It smoothes out the face and it gives a tiny amount of coverage. I just tried this because it was in a kit... but it quickly turned HG status.

Drugstore: Elf HD- And another win for the Elf HD Setting powders! This one I think does a better job at blurring pores. This would be good to use on your cheeks and then use the bare minerals on the chin and the forehead... I don't think I've ever done that... but I will and I'll update you! Lol.

Contour Palette
I feel the need to mention a contour palette because that was the big thing this year. I'm not great at doing a contour and I just don't like doing it everyday... so I got the Elf Contour palette as it was inexpensive and I like Elf Products. This did the job and I really liked it! It made it easy, I like that there are just 4 colors in this... that's all you really need. It works really well and I love it!

Blush 
High End: Lorac Unzipped Blush Set- This blush set is just the best. It's only $25 you get 4 amazing blushes that are pretty universally flattering. They last all day, they're pigmented, they are just really really great. I love them.

Honorable Mention: Tarte Blushes- I'd have to say Tarte Blushes are my other favorite. I've tried some in some tarte palettes and I got a mini single. These are almost as good as the Lorac ones... but for some reason, I pick the Lorac ones over this. I just think they're great!

I don't really have a drugstore favorite for blush... but I do have to say the ones in the Sonia Kashuk Spice Market Palette are the most similar to the Lorac or the Tarte in quality. Also the Elf Blush Palette in Light is amazing. Not totally Favorite worthy... but worth a mention.

Highlighters 
Becca Highlighters... they're just the best. I think my favorite is the Pour'ed version because that won't shatter as easily... but everything I've tried from Becca is pretty phenomenal. The one thing I didn't totally love was the beach tint... but for some reason I think mine was bad.

Nothing quite compares to these. Once you go Becca you never go Back-a... lol.

Eye Palettes 

High End: Too Faced Vegas Nay Palette- This is probably my favorite palette. I think the color selection, pigmentation and blend ability of this palette are all amazing. I love the way its set up. The packaging and names are all really great. I know this is limited edition, it may be hard to find now... but its so good.

My honorable mentions are almost just as good. The Lorac Unzipped Palettes. These are awesome palettes! I've been completely in love with them since getting them. If I had to pick one it would be the Original Unzipped because there's a little less fallout, but the Unzipped Gold is so pretty too. I just really love these palettes. Amazing.

Drugstore: Makeup Revolution Romantic Smokey- This is a really nice and unique palette. Its the best $7's you could spend on a palette. There's a ton you could do with this palette, there are some fun pops of color. It's just amazing.

Honorable mention to Elf's Mad for Matte Palette. This I use a lot with colourpop shadows, its a good "in addition to" (anyone else thinking of the Kroll Show Sketch right now?) palette. It works on its own really well also. Very pigmented and blend able, and I just like it. I like the packaging too, nice and sleek. Easy to travel with.

Mascara 
Drugstore: Ulta Amped Lashes Mascara- This mascara is just awesome. I've tried lots of mascaras, high end, drugstore... and nothing compares to this. It's just really nice, doesn't bother my eyes, doesn't have a ton of fallout or anything. Its just really good.

I don't even have a high end option here. I have been liking Stila's Huge mascara... but this is better.

Liners 
I'm not super into liners... but I feel like I should mention one right? I tried the Ulta Gel Liner this year and I really like it. Its very easy to use and just works really well. I also like the Milani Shadow Eyes in Champagne Toast. I like this as an eye primer and I like using it as a liner too. Its pretty awesome. I recommend it.

Brand 
If there's one brand I could recommend its Colourpop. I discovered them this year, I've pretty much only tried their eyeshadows and one of their lippie sticks... but they are amazing. The texture is a wet feeling creamy type of feel. They go on very easily and they stay on forever. I'm a big fan. I really like the Kathleenlights Where The Light Is set. Really good.

Lips are the most fun part... but idk if I really have a lipstick favorite... lol. I love them all equally! I think my favorite lip liners have been the Essence Lip liners. Maybelline's Creamy Matte lipsticks have been some of my favorites, Maybeline's Vivid Rose lipstick is great, Colourpop's Lumiere, Too Faced Melted Fig... There are a lot. Melted Fig may be my favorite of the year... but it was a big year for maybelline and I've been wearing Lumiere so much recently too.

Nail Polish 
Essence Gel Polish- This is a new discovery... but I absolutely love it. I don't know where these have been all my life! The Essence Gel Nail Polishes are the absolute best because they last forever, they're very inexpensive and they're just really good. I'm a fan!

I think that is everything... I hope you guys are having a great Christmas Eve Eve... and I will see you tomorrow with the last day of Blogmas!!!!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments