Blogmas Day 4:Brand Focus: Maybelline

Hello and Welcome to the 75th annual hunger games... err no the 4th day of Blogmas! So for this look I used mostly Maybelline products. There are some things Maybelline doesn't have yet that they need to have and some things I just didn't have from Maybelline... so there are only a few non Maybelline products here... but the important stuff is all maybelline... so here we go!

First I primed with the Facestudio Master Primer in the blur and illuminate version. I forgot how much I liked this primer... need to use it more. Then I took a brush and I sprayed the brush with the L'oreal Infallible setting spray. I love this stuff, Maybelline doesn't have a setting spray yet, but I believe they are releasing one in 2016... and maybe they have it in some countries. Not quite sure!

Then I went in with the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin foundation and just dotted that on my face and then spread it out with that brush. Then I used the Superstay Better Skin concealer under my eyes and blended that out with a brush. And for my Blush/bronzer/highlight I used the Master Hi-Light by face studio in the shade light bronze. I like this, but I feel like it doesn't really show up that well or last that long on my face. Idk, I can't tell... maybe just cause I used the Tarte Blush Brush and thats a very light brush...idk. But Idk if its on or not really. Then I used the Elf HD powder and the L'oreal spray again.


Next I primed my eyes with Inked in Pink. Bad to The Bronze would have worked really well with this look... but my Bad to The Bronze is completely dry and I need to throw it out. But I liked the inked in Pink cause it didn't make it too dark or messy.

Then I went in with the Bronze color that is #4 in the first row of shades and put that all over my lid. Then I took the dark brown satin right under that and popped that in the outer corner and then I used the gold shade that is third in the bottom row and spotlighted the look with that color. I then took one of the matte brown shades in this palette... I think its the 2nd one on the bottom or the last one on the top row... or a mix of both... and I put that in my crease and blended it a little. For Mascara I don't have a maybelline one but I just got the Stila Huge Mascara and I loveee it, so I used that. I like the Falsies Flared from Maybelline... but its not the best from the drugstore... so I never repurchased it. Ohhh and I used some of the sparkly white from the first color of the palette and the matte cream color that is the third one in the palette and used it on the browbone!

For lips I think I'm going to use Too Faced's lip insurance and the Matte color sensational lipstick in Rich Ruby.

Hope you guys liked this look! I know this palette gets bad reviews... but I honestly love it. So... yeah. Give it a try!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments